Looking for dedicated staff for Stage Zero for Fanime Con 2009

Started by Mr. Wendell, September 07, 2008, 04:20:06 PM

Steve.Young

Quote from: lihrah on October 30, 2008, 03:56:07 PM
I love being on stage! If stage people have to do what they did last year, I'm your girl. I'll be 18 by the time fanime rolls around, and I might (maybe) be able to do a night shift.

Get some different ethnicities up there, too! How often do you come across an Indian anime freak (ie me)?

Rawrrrr

Good point, not very often. Heh.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Mr. Wendell

I'm hoping to have a Stage Zero meeting some time soon, possibly after the next Fanime staff meeting, depending on when the next meeting date will be.

I want to make sure that we get as much of an early start on Stage Zero as possible, and find out who is interested, and is able to help Stage Zero out.

If you haven't already done so, and are interested in helping out as Stage Zero staff, please send me an email or post a PM to me, your full name and contact information, so that when Stage Zero does have a meeting, we can inform you of it, and hopefully you will be able to attend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Mr. Wendell on November 03, 2008, 11:57:10 PM
I'm hoping to have a Stage Zero meeting some time soon, possibly after the next Fanime staff meeting, depending on when the next meeting date will be.

I want to make sure that we get as much of an early start on Stage Zero as possible, and find out who is interested, and is able to help Stage Zero out.

If you haven't already done so, and are interested in helping out as Stage Zero staff, please send me an email or post a PM to me, your full name and contact information, so that when Stage Zero does have a meeting, we can inform you of it, and hopefully you will be able to attend.
hmm, very intriguing.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Hakaru_chan

hello mr.wendell just rewriting this.. i posted this on teh progamming section under the stage zero fanime con 2008

: for the stage zero operators.

i have experience with live feed video editing and if you want to do shoutouts and other small video shoots i can help with the video shooting as well as hooking up all the wires and stuff like that. i plan to come in as press this year with my equipment. i duno if it might keep me busy from other stuff since i have to video shoot for my own story stuff but after i get that out of the way, im more than willing to help out.

also if i do help do i have to attend staff meetings cause i live far from san jose and it would be hard for me to get there all the time. maybe like four times the most i can stop by.
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

aynri

Im interested in volunteering for Stage Zero. I thought it would be a great idea to get to know fanime more, because Ive never been to a anime convention before. Ive done multiple volunteering before from Music Summit to a College gathering before. Im 18 and I'll be turning 19 soon though and I live in Sunnyvale. Pm me here or contact me at
email: [email protected].

KitsuneOniko

Quote from: Mr. Wendell on October 26, 2008, 12:46:39 AM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 23, 2008, 05:15:22 PM
Quote from: KitsuneOniko on October 22, 2008, 11:21:55 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 22, 2008, 11:17:17 PM
Quote from: KitsuneOniko on October 22, 2008, 11:06:38 PM
Hey yo! Oniko here =D Yep... we are most def lookin to recruit new Stage Zero crew members! Stagehands n possible co-hosts... if you like to entertain then hit us up! ;D
I'll see what my plans for next year end up being, so I will think about this.

It be nice to also be able to get a few more guys on our stage don't you think? lol you'll be pimpin up there with Wendell! ;D
The ratio needs to be evened out a bit, so I'll consider that; Sounds like damn fun, that I can say right now.
I don't have a problem with the current men-to-women ratio.  ;D  I say the ratio should be maintained.  :D :D :D

lol I had a feelin you'd say somethin like that Kuya XDDD
Fanime Volunteer 2003-2004
Fanime Dealership Staff 2005-2006
Fanime Live Programming Staff 2006
Fanime Programing Liaison 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Co-Producer 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Hostess 2007-Present <3

KitsuneOniko

Quote from: Kikkoman on October 27, 2008, 02:02:40 PM
Is there any behind the scenes work for Stage Zero? I'm not much of a stage guy.

Well stagehands/assistants are possibly needed yes ^^ We do need help with equipment set up, etc... PM Wendell and Sean Barber if you think you'd be interested ;D

KitsuneOniko

I love being on stage! If stage people have to do what they did last year, I'm your girl. I'll be 18 by the time fanime rolls around, and I might (maybe) be able to do a night shift.

Get some different ethnicities up there, too! How often do you come across an Indian anime freak (ie me)?

We are always open to fellow fans and stage crew ;) Just that not many people have really contacted us/put themselves out there in the last few years :-\ Working as a Stage Zero host though means you not only have to be able to entertain the crowds/masses and have good stage presence but you also did to be able to work with other staffers and stage crew and have good team work/chemistry with people as well... Anyone really can get up in front of people and talk, but is it entertaining? Does it draw crowds and able to keep them around? Can you connect with the audience? Are you also able to be quick on your feet and on the mic? Are you able to possibly improv on a moment's notice? :D It's a lot of fun but also is a lot of work and effort.. if you are up to the challenge, ready and willing then by all means, please do drop us a PM/message ^_____^\/

Just so everyone knows, the General Staff meeting for Fanime is Jan. 11th 2008! If are not staff yet and want to be, try to please attend this meeting (there will be more but try to attend asap as Fanime 2009 is drawing closer and the positions might fill up faster then you think!)

Here's to another great year of Fanime and to my fellow hosts and crew of Stage Zero! :D I am super excited and can't wait again!

Mr. Wendell

Quote from: KitsuneOniko on December 30, 2008, 07:46:36 PM

We are always open to fellow fans and stage crew ;) Just that not many people have really contacted us/put themselves out there in the last few years :-\ Working as a Stage Zero host though means you not only have to be able to entertain the crowds/masses and have good stage presence but you also did to be able to work with other staffers and stage crew and have good team work/chemistry with people as well... Anyone really can get up in front of people and talk, but is it entertaining? Does it draw crowds and able to keep them around? Can you connect with the audience? Are you also able to be quick on your feet and on the mic? Are you able to possibly improv on a moment's notice? :D It's a lot of fun but also is a lot of work and effort.. if you are up to the challenge, ready and willing then by all means, please do drop us a PM/message ^_____^\/

Just so everyone knows, the General Staff meeting for Fanime is Jan. 11th 2008! If are not staff yet and want to be, try to please attend this meeting (there will be more but try to attend asap as Fanime 2009 is drawing closer and the positions might fill up faster then you think!)

Here's to another great year of Fanime and to my fellow hosts and crew of Stage Zero! :D I am super excited and can't wait again!

We just might have an instant audition at the next meeting.  8)

Mr. Wendell

sushicow

I've posted in the programming section that I would like to be part of Stage Zero this year. Then I got a message from Brainpowerd inviting(I guess 'invite' would be the best word to use) me to the coming up staff meeting. I haven't really reply him yet, nor emailed/PMed Mr. Wendell about this yet as well. Have to figure out if I can make it to the meeting first and maybe decide how I want to help :P
Arroyo High School Anime Club Officer:
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07

Jail Bait

Hi everyone! I still want to be on Stage late nights! ^^ I still think I'd be great on stage since all I do is entertain people these days! I met everyone last meeting; I was the young'un who'd just taken her SAT's ^___^

You still have my information, right? I'll be at the next meeting either way! At least, I hope so....

Steve.Young

Quote from: Jail Bait on January 08, 2009, 05:18:23 PM
Hi everyone! I still want to be on Stage late nights! ^^ I still think I'd be great on stage since all I do is entertain people these days! I met everyone last meeting; I was the young'un who'd just taken her SAT's ^___^

You still have my information, right? I'll be at the next meeting either way! At least, I hope so....

I love your user name. It's epic. Just saying.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jail Bait

Quote from: Steve.Young on January 08, 2009, 05:37:13 PM
Quote from: Jail Bait on January 08, 2009, 05:18:23 PM

I love your user name. It's epic. Just saying.

Thank you! I got it last fanime! It kinda stuck afterwards....me likey stage zero! me likey stage zero! I wanna get stared at by people who know what I'm wearing and aren't completely lacking braincells. ^__^

"Are you on drugs?" says idiot #1.
"Drugs don't change your iris size or color, idiot," I say.
"Are you wearing contacts?" says idiot #2.
"You were kicked out of the idiot convention, weren't you? Too professional?" I say.
"You're not nice" says idiot #3.
"You're not intelligent"

Idiots......

Mr. Wendell

Things are progressing very nicely.  ;D

We're going to shake our moneymakers on Stage Zero this year!

Mr. Wendell

Ninj4

Quote from: Mr. Wendell on January 12, 2009, 04:08:06 PM

Figuratively or literally?

... There's a good reason WHY I lurk on these boards...

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Ninj4 on January 12, 2009, 07:59:08 PM

I'm guessing a little from column A, a little from column B.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Mr. Wendell

Quote from: otakuapprentice on January 12, 2009, 09:18:55 PM
Quote from: Ninj4 on January 12, 2009, 07:59:08 PM

I'm guessing a little from column A, a little from column B.

A little up high, a little down low...

NOW FREEZE!

We're in the process of gathering our people, creating exciting programming, finding prizes, and making sure that we continue to grow and entertain the Fanime masses.

More hosts!
More games!
More fun!

I think we might need just a little more help...but I think Rob's got a few more recruits in mind.

Mr. Wendell

Nanashi

I am interested in being a host for the late night programming. It's not like I have anything to do during the wee-hours.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

sushicow

I wouldn't mind doing stagehand work :)
If you want, I can help out with late night programming ;)
I would do some talking if needed, but I still need to work on my public speaking skills :P
Arroyo High School Anime Club Officer:
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07

Mr. Wendell

I hope that everyone that is still interested in helping out with Stage Zero can come to the upcoming Fanime staff meeting on February 8th.  We still have a need for stage hands and technical assistants, and perhaps a host or two.  We would really like to see you and talk to you so we can better figure out how to make the show as entertaining if not better for everyone.

Mr. Wendell