Aki Matsuri (Fall Festival), San Francisco Japantown, Oct 4-5 2008

Started by RyuHayabusa, September 08, 2008, 12:29:43 PM

JohnnyAR

Oniko

I'll be wearing a pair of cat ears to spot me better.  Oh and I'm dragging along a friend!
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

winry_rockbell

Just wondering...do you all know each other? Is your gathering opening to new comers?  I would probably just go as Winry but if it's too cold, I'll go as Arale from Dr. Slump.  What day are you guys going?  It'll be Sunday for me.
/\/\                 (\__/)
(=-.-)=   ()()    (='.'=)
/ |       (^.^)  (")_(")
(__)_)    (( )  )o

sailor moon1

:)Hi everyone:
I am helping mr. onishi with the cosplay show, This is not a competition and the main goal of this is to have fun is like your chance to be on stage sing your favorite anime song, make a 3 minute skit or a 1 minute walk on. so If you have not registered yet please do so a.s.a.p. I will need your mp3 sent to me PM me for e-mail adress if you need music for your skit or walk on ^_^. If you have not contacted me please do so ^_^ I can add you to the list if you e-mail me by friday ^_^ On the day of I will add cosplayers from 10:30-11:00 a.m ONLY After that you will be in the waiting list (;_. Also if you have music it must be in by 11:00 cd mp3 format.

I will e-mail full info on meeting to those who have e-mailed me. ^_^

Aki matsuri cosplay show coordinator
mari w.

Sunday October 5 2008 1-2 p.m.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: winry_rockbell on October 02, 2008, 04:25:49 PM
Just wondering...do you all know each other? Is your gathering opening to new comers?  I would probably just go as Winry but if it's too cold, I'll go as Arale from Dr. Slump.  What day are you guys going?  It'll be Sunday for me.

It's open to everyone. I think I saw you sunday afternoon at Y-Con, and the lunch gathering is happening Sunday Afternoon, at Osakaya, at 2:30 p.m. I love meeting new people, so if you want to come by and hangout, you can. :3

@Sailormoon1: Thanks for putting the info here, Mari-san :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Kazuko

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Zefie

There's not much info about Aki Matsuri's schedule anywhere...but since no one replied me back about volunteering, I'll show up on Sunday for the cosplay show and gathering. See you guys there.
Please don't steal my cookies~

Kazuko

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 02, 2008, 11:26:11 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on October 02, 2008, 11:22:52 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 02, 2008, 11:21:52 PM
no promises, but i will try to go.
you better go e___e or else
LOLOLOL, or else what?

bring it.
I will sing the lip gloss song, various songs from the pussycat dolls and milkshake untill you esplode

:U my lipgloss is poppin my lipgloss is cool!

thelifeoftehparty

Oh cool!

I'm so glad i checked here. I thought no one would go or had even heard of this. @__@;;

Anywayy! I'm going! Only Sunday though, because Saturday i'll be at Lovefest. :]

I'm probably going to be cosplaying as Haruhi.. but i'm not sure which outfit yet. ^^;

kgHapa

Ill try to make it to this, sounds fun xD
But love fest is the same day isnt it?

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Atlus on October 03, 2008, 06:36:31 AM

LoveFest is on saturday - Aki Matsuri is taking place both on saturday and sunday. By the looks of what everyone else has posted, a majority of the people here are going on sunday (cosplay show is on sunday too)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Kazuko

Quote from: Atlus on October 03, 2008, 06:36:31 AM
You had to remind me that Lovefest is on the same day as my brithday D: i wanted to go this year but oh well

21 betches ;D

rude32

was going to go to lovefest, but seeing as I need to take other days off from work this month, I won't be able to go. I'm still going to Aki Matsuri though. It's been a while since I've been to J-town, and I'm finally getting my badge from Ryu, hopefully.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Oniko

Just confirming that myself and a friend will be going to the meet.
how many people does that make? XD I managed to make buttons after all
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Oniko on October 04, 2008, 09:49:17 AM
Just confirming that myself and a friend will be going to the meet.
how many people does that make? XD I managed to make buttons after all
for the lunch, it should be at least like around 15-20. I'm not going to keep my hopes up that all of them are going to show up, but thanks for making them. if you have any leftover, i'll pass them around at the festival.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

shy-cosplayer

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on October 01, 2008, 10:56:25 PM
Quote from: shy-cosplayer on October 01, 2008, 05:42:49 PM
where exactly is the lunch gathering going to be?

Osakaya Restaurant-2:30 p.m, after the cosplay show. 1st restaurant on the left when you enter the restaurant section.

thanks, I'll definately be there!

BunofGovt

Hey, you know I'm gonna be there (a little nervous) but I'll be leaving soon after the show since other plans have come up.  (trying to figure out where to put my camera on my outfit while on stage ???)

See y'all tomorrow!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

winry_rockbell

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on October 02, 2008, 10:26:39 PM
Quote from: winry_rockbell on October 02, 2008, 04:25:49 PM

It's open to everyone. I think I saw you sunday afternoon at Y-Con, and the lunch gathering is happening Sunday Afternoon, at Osakaya, at 2:30 p.m. I love meeting new people, so if you want to come by and hangout, you can. :3

Okay, I'll be there!   I don't think you saw me at Y-Con cause I wasn't there.   I'll go check out the contest, too.  If you spot Winry or Arale (still can't decide!!!!), please tap me on the shoulder or call me name.  Otherwise, I'll make my way to Osakaya!  Mmmmm...ramen!
/\/\                 (\__/)
(=-.-)=   ()()    (='.'=)
/ |       (^.^)  (")_(")
(__)_)    (( )  )o