Print / Commission Prices

Started by Master_Loki, September 09, 2008, 08:20:55 PM

Master_Loki

So, I was just wondering what people usually sell prints and commissions for since I have never formally sold in an artist alley before and I hope to. I was told that $7 per print or two for $10 was decent for an 8.5 x 11 and that one for $3 or two for $5 was decent for a 4 x 6.

Here's an example of my work:

and

The first would be a print and the second would be a general colored, inked commission. Is charging $15 for a colored and inked commission about a decent price for my quality of work?

Also, if anyone knows, how many prints of each picture should I make?

Sorry for all the questions, if anyone can help I would be very grateful!

Basically, I am trying to see how much I would need to sell to break even, just to be safe.

XpHoBiaX

I would ask a commercial artist. Not a self proclaimed one, but a person who has been around for a while and earned that title through hard work. Make friends with that person.I would only pay $15 for an original commissioned piece of work, if it's a copy I'd push $10. Depending on the quality and sizing. But that is my opininion.

I believe your prices are fair. It's your work, and it's very good work. Although I don't believe I am the right person to be answering you. (hence the long delay in response)
I hope this helps somewhat, becuase you need to pay yourself, as well as for the material you need and costs for printing your work.

I suggest making this a hobby job. Get your work out in the open and seen alot more. Not just at Fanime. There is a lot of talent there, and it needs to be seen.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Master_Loki

Ah thanks, it was very helpful. I am unfortunately the only person that I know who draws, let alone is trying to sell art it's sort of
"idiotic" by many view points, which is why I was hoping to find some help here. Thanks again though, it was very helpful!

It will be a hobby job (: And Fanime will be my first official time. SacAnime was really rinky-dink, I did it in between matches for video games. I will definitely try to get out there more. Thanks!

XpHoBiaX

No problem.

Make sure you get a copyright or license to your work as well, if you want certain aspects of your work to be known specifical as your own work. The more you have to cover your backside, the better.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??