When dressing to impress should you...

Started by luckyends, September 12, 2008, 07:50:33 PM

luckyends

so there is a person i want to impress and start the day off with a good impression
so here is the story
i asked a person who i am interested in to go to San Francisco and we are going tomorrow
now here is my delema
generaly is it good to get a bit dressy (a sweater dress shirt blazer slacks)
or to go more casual (black long sleve tee striped hoodie and dark jeans)

i know it depends alot on the person but for just an outing into the city should i get dressy or be casual in your opinion
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

otakuapprentice

depensd on where exactly you are going in the city; try to do a little bit of both.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

luckyends

Quote from: otakuapprentice on September 12, 2008, 08:08:55 PM
depensd on where exactly you are going in the city; try to do a little bit of both.
well kinda like china town the peirs metreon the embarcaderos and then just wanderings around down town ish
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

otakuapprentice

good pair of jeans, dress shirt or tee, and a blazer.

questionette

Don't dress too snazzy you might make her feel a little displaced with you, if you're going to the city definitely dress down.  Not sloppy, but down. :)

otakuapprentice

another combo is jeans/black vest/white graphic tee.

luckyends

thanks i think i have decided on the casual but im going to throw a scarf into the mix horay
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

Kazuko

semi casual!

you know not too dressy but not too casual, dressing for the impression!

Mizuki

Totally depends on the type of girl. Without information I personally can't help at all, but there is one thing I can say. When asking an online forum about this, filled with otaku who could possibly have a very bad taste in dressing, or could never get a date without coercing a girl, it shows that you probably have low self-confidence. Be yourself, meaning dress normally, that usually works.

JTchinoy

WTF? you sound like you're getting ready to go to a 5 star restaurant or something.
dress to impress depends on your personal fashion sense, so "dress to impress" and "grunge" depend on you.
I personally would be wearing a nice design t-shirt/ collared t-shit, whatever pants match its color, a nice track jacket, and my new nike's if i wanted to impress. (people call this look of mine, getting ready for a music video lol)
grunge to me is: random tshirt, random pants, go out with bed or hat hair.

are you metro? rocker? hip hop? just whatever looks good? what?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

XpHoBiaX

Clean nice looking pair of jeans, shoes that are comfy to walk around in, a decent shirt that isn't too worn out, and a hoody or jacket would do. You're walking about, in SF. Last time I checked that was alot of walking and it was friggen cold. Wear something comfy, as well as nice.

I am on the other end of the universe when it comes to personal style. I'll let you pick that out.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

SOawesomeness

I personally like to see guys wearing something that fits their style, very simple and casual, and looks awesome and good. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

XpHoBiaX

See, if I replied with what I liked to see, I'd get keelhualed out of this thread. XD

2010 cosplay...?

rude32

A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

XpHoBiaX

2010 cosplay...?

rude32

A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

XpHoBiaX

2010 cosplay...?

Mister_E

Nice shirt, pants, and comfortable shoes
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

PyronIkari

You're asking a group of people that have virtually no real life social skills.

... ... ...

"Dressing to impress". You realize that this means dressing up. Which isn't what you're attempting to do. You're dressing for a date. Dressing for a date varies according to what you are doing, what kind of person she is, and what kind of impression you plan on doing.

Since this doesn't even sound like a date, and just going out with someone you're interested in, you'd probably dress down. Rather, dress comfortably. Though comfortably doesn't mean "comfortable" to you. It means actual comfort for the weather while still looking presentable. A blazer is too dress up for something like... tourist trap deals. A decent jacket and well fitting slacks/cargos/jeans and a casual shirt. Not a T-shirt... Doesn't have to be a nice shirt, but well enough.

XpHoBiaX

QuoteYou're asking a group of people that have virtually no real life social skills

I'm not in this group am I? Being social doesn't necessarily mean having a shit ton of friends, you know. Unless I am completely wrong, and everything depends on computer run dating sims. o_O

2010 cosplay...?