In need of maids for Spirit of Japantown Festival!

Started by Jun-Watarase, September 13, 2008, 02:36:38 PM

Jun-Watarase

Greetings, maids!

In three weeks, FanimeCon is hosting their very own maid cafe at San Jose Japantown's annual Spirit of Japantown Festival and we're in need of volunteers! Your job is to play the role of a cute maid to properly greet and serve your patrons food and drinks and interacting with them directly. This includes having direct, short conversations with them and making them feel comfortable. You may also do simple and fun activities like playing short games, folding origami, and if you have artistic talent, you can doodle a picture for them on their coaster to keep! Our goal is to offer a memorable experience to attendees of the festival with the maid cafe.

It is also your duty to pay attention to detail. Greeting your patrons properly is important. You will learn how and when to bow at the right times, what to say to greet your patrons as they enter and leave, and how to play your role as a cute and adorable maid serving them!

Where: Japantown, San Jose, CA (Directions)
When: Saturday, October 4th, 2008
Time: 10:00am - 6:00pm

※ Girls only, sorry.

※ No experience is necessary, but it would be a plus.

※ You must be provided with your own maid uniform, preferably black and white. NOTHING PROVOCATIVE.
Example: Here

Also, if you plan on volunteering for FanimeCon, your time spent helping us at this event will go towards your total hours in the coming year.

If you are interested, please e-mail me at [email protected] or respond to this thread (e-mailing would be preferred). If possible, it would also be a plus if you could include your best and most recent photo in your e-mail, and your information (name, alias, age). If approved, you will recieve an e-mail including a short training guide. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

We're in need of volunteers, so please consider. All help is appreciated. Thank you.

Even if you are not volunteering, feel free to pay us a visit!

~ Your maid trainer, Jun

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Steve.Young

I think i'll try to make this event. Thanks for the heads up haha.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

zoupzuop2

Tsk tsk! No butlers?

I may be out of town that day; be that as it may, best of luck to the Maid Café!
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

SOawesomeness

I think that'd be fun, but I'm busy until the weekend before Thanksgiving... D:

Still, if I have time on that day, maybe I'll check it out. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Zefie

Sounds really fun...~ But there are so many things happening on the weekend of Oct 4th. >_< I don't think I can teleport myself between SF and SJ.
Please don't steal my cookies~

Jun-Watarase

We are almost reaching our quota, but are still in need of more volunteers! I will accept and review volunteers up until the 28th at the latest, so please feel free to drop by an e-mail if you're interested. Sign up soon! Skype conferences will commence soon to review over greetings and live questions.

- Jun

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Jun-Watarase

Hello maids!

So far, it seems that everyone is available for the 4th of October! Is everyone free on Thursday evening? If so, I will be scheduling a Skype conference at around 8:00pm. If you haven't already, please reply with your Skype account name. If you don't own one, download the client at their webpage (http://skype.com/) and create an account. We will be reviewing the basics of a maid cafe, but focussing on the proper Japanese greetings. For further help in pronounciation, feel free to request a personal one-on-one session for practice and answering questions you may have. If everyone is not available on Thursday, I may reschedule to a time that is convenient for everyone, or make a personal follow-up session. Hope to hear from you all soon!

If more people are interested, please e-mail me and you will be considered!

- Jun

FanimaidCafe.com