Fanime members who are on Steam(please tell me you know what Steam is..)

Started by otakuapprentice, September 14, 2008, 01:22:26 AM

otakuapprentice

Valve is good at what they do; They don't really exist because they are already 10-15 years ahead of the curve.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

kollunz

doot

otakuapprentice

Quote from: kollunz on October 27, 2008, 09:12:52 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 18, 2008, 09:27:54 PM
MEDIC!!!

Left 4 Dead demo hits early November, fools.

Only for those that have Pre-Ordered the game.

You're both right and wrong; The report that says this only mentions the 360 version, with no reference to the PC version of the game. Valve did say there would be a PC demo, yet the only benefit to pre-purchasing through Steam is a 10% drop in the price.

Once the 360 demo period ends, there is still a whole week before the game comes out, so the demo hitting PC within that final week isn't completely impossible; Even if its listed for both 360 and PC on gamestop's website, its still gamestop saying it.

kollunz

Left 4 Dead update

"Pre-Purchase Left 4 Dead
Pre-purchase now and save 10%. Plus, get to play the demo first on November 6th." - from steampowered.com, l4d page.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/500/

PREORDER THE MAYHEM NOW!
doot

otakuapprentice

Or you can wait until the 11th, when the demo goes public for those that haven't pre-ordered the game. After that, the game goes live on the 18th. I'm somewhat of a cheap bastard right now, so I'm waiting for the public demo.

_Rena_

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 30, 2008, 10:25:33 PM
Or you can wait until the 11th, when the demo goes public for those that haven't pre-ordered the game. After that, the game goes live on the 18th. I'm somewhat of a cheap bastard right now, so I'm waiting for the public demo.

Can't wait for the free weekend events!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: _Rena_ on November 03, 2008, 12:05:34 PM

its like you're reading my mind; hopefully valve prepares for this and beefs up the amount of servers available, or they will probably go down the same way the servers for LittleBigPlanet did.

_Rena_

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 03, 2008, 06:08:56 PM

its like you're reading my mind; hopefully valve prepares for this and beefs up the amount of servers available, or they will probably go down the same way the servers for LittleBigPlanet did.

Don't jynx it now.  ;) Or else we're all going to be a sad little Kumatan.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: _Rena_ on November 03, 2008, 08:03:26 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 03, 2008, 06:08:56 PM

Don't jynx it now.  ;) Or else we're all going to be a sad little Kumatan.
Think about it: it's Valve. Its pretty hard to jinx them, since they supposedly don't exist(Valve is 10-15 years ahead of the curve, remember?)

That, plus the gap between those that already pre-ordered through Steam and those that didn't is huge; the former will pre-load L4D sooner and the strain won't be so hard....I hope.

kollunz

w00t i just preloaded the demo!! waking up early at 7am to play it!!! WHOS WITH ME?
doot

otakuapprentice

Magical Senpai

I've got the L4D demo, message me if you wanna play. I also preordered the game as well.

kollunz

This coming tuesday, I plan to skip my only class for that day, AND BEAT TEH JEBUS OUT OF TEH ZOMBIES TO SAVE MY WORLD.
doot

otakuapprentice

Quote from: kollunz on November 14, 2008, 09:57:27 PM
This coming tuesday, I plan to skip my only class for that day, AND BEAT TEH JEBUS OUT OF TEH ZOMBIES TO SAVE MY WORLD.
heh; i don't work that day(ironically), so its going to be zombie shooting day for me.

Magical Senpai

ZOMBIE SHOOTAN TIEM.

Going to be playing as soon as Steam stops whining about my drivers being out of date. You know where to find me.

Nanashi

Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html