Upcoming Election - McCain or Obama?

Started by Steve.Young, September 15, 2008, 04:51:12 PM

Mizuki

Obama, for sure. After the last presidential debate it hit the nail.

Obama answered all the questions that were asked by the moderators, and brought up some interesting points, such as why did they not stop obviously racist ralley-goers at McCain ralleys from doing what they were doing/saying? "It's going to happen regardless" is partially true, but if you swat down the people who are actively participating in those actions, it can help lower it. That's like saying, "Oh well this bridge is going to break anyways, so we're not going to fix it." McCain used to infamous Republican way of debating, abusing the English language to manipulate words to confuse the average american, and most people that watched it, without doing any research, or having any common sense would vote for McCain, because he "sounded smart."

Also nit picky things from the debate: McCain said about Obama "spending spending spending" but said himself when he becomes president, he would build a handful of nuculear power plants. Wait, doesn't that cost money, Joe the Plumber is an unlicensed plumber, not a nuculear technician.

Also, I want to point out, Palin, yeah you help the mentally ill, but obviously Autism is NOT the cause of our economy, people want someone who can fix the economy, not worrying about the mentally ill. I have more, but I don't have my notes with me at the moment.

shinjiboy

I sent in my mail-in ballot today  :)

G.I.R

So, I heard Colin Powell endorsed Obama.

Ska_Kitti

A shirt I bought at Spencers... HAD to buy it.

Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

K&K4ever

1) If I have to go through another Bush (because McCain is) Then I am moving to Canada
2) Pailen can't open her mouth without putting her foot in it
3) Damn strait it will
4) Yeah, people are pissed and this is their chance to decide what to do.

Overall, who do you believe is going to take the election?I'm hoping Obama takes it, but we won't know until all the votes are counted.
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Shinsengumi

I sent my ballot a couple of days ago so I just hope Obama wins
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Nanashi

I'm not voting, for the sheer reason that politics are retarded. Too many people have their heads up their asses and blindly follow whatever their flavor of bullshit is, whether it be left wing or right wing, or some brand in between. Bottom line is, most (Not all) people vote for whoever is representing their party, regardless of what that person stands for. It's really stupid.

McCain hasn't got a chance in this election, thanks in no small part to Palin. So, that leaves Obama and Biden, which doesn't look so hot either. Has anyone kept track of how many assassination plots against Obama have already been foiled? Quite a few, last I checked. And if you think they're gonna stop after he steps into office, you're crazy. Expect Biden to be taking the presidency sometime in the next four years.

I typed this after pulling an all nighter making flash animations. Don't flame me too badly  :)
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

K&K4ever

Quote from: Nanashi on November 02, 2008, 11:03:24 AM
I typed this after pulling an all nighter making flash animations. Don't flame me too badly  :)

OK, I won't flame you because I know how pulling an all nighter feels.  But I'll just say this, if you don't vote, you can't complain about how things are.  So don't.

Shi_Musouka

The browser ate up my last message and I've wanted to respond to this for a while so I'm going to keep it shorter than usual.

1) I'm voting Obama because I agree with more of his policies than I do with McCain and I also noticed that McCain voted with Bush more than most of his colleagues did so chances are that he's going to be no different than Bush when he steps into office. I also heard that he's in a pretty poor health(some type of skin disease/cancer to top it off) so the chances that Palin will be stepping into presidency sometime during the term will be very high and we all know what to expect from her.

2) I've already expressed a portion of my digust for Palin in 1, so it's obviously going to be Biden. It's mostly because of his experience and some of his endeavors.

3) Yea, because with the economy in the worst shape it's been since the Great Depression, people are definitely going to want to see the economy improve so whoever can address it in the most feasible manner will most likely have a lead. Trickle-down economics pretty much explains what shouldn't happen. It didn't work when Bush was in office. What makes you think it's going to work when McCain is in office?

4) Gas is going down, so prices may or may not be a concern. Energy is definitely a factor since with oil becoming limited in supply, we will definitely need some sort of renewable energy and I'm pretty sure a lot of people want someone who will allocate funding for renewable energy research since we all know how much Bush vetoed bills towards these things.

On another note, I've been hearing that Bush has gotten away with quite a bit of water pollution violations during the past few weeks ever since the media has been placing such a huge emphasis on the election race. Not that it shouldn't be a big deal, but yea it does worry me a bit. Then again the President is leaving office in a few months so what's it matter? lol

K&K4ever

This is a little off subject but not really, so here goes.

I'm not sure Where this was happening, but there is a Humane society some where that held a . . . "Kitty Coccus" where they set up two litter boxes for the cats to use, one of the boxes is for Obama and the other is for McCain.  And whichever one they use, is a vote for that candidate. :D Last time I checked, Obama was leading by 2, apparently Obama makes the cats more . . . relieved :D :D :D :D :D 

SOawesomeness

I think it'd be interesting to hear from some pro-McCain people. California is a pro-Obama... so of course this thread is bombarded with Yes on Obama.

Just my two cents.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

G.I.R

My Polling location was surprisingly busy at 9:15 this morning. (but two precincts were polling there)  I still got in and out in under 10 Minutes.

Stormfalcon

Went in to vote during the 11 o'clock hour and it wasn't all that busy.  At least we had pen-and-paper (well, cardstock anyway) ballots and not those electronic vote-screw-up machines.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

questionette

wooohooo!
Popular vote

297 OBAMA
139 MCCAIN

yesss! now let's just hope there isn't a "mishap" with the electoral vote -_-