General Anime Purchases Topic 1.0

Started by LordKefka, September 16, 2008, 06:38:18 PM

LordKefka

Yeah I'm not gonna lie, those stick posters are overpriced for the amount they are going for by about $20-30 ( maybe more, lol).

It's the same type of people who would take little extras from G's magazine/Megami/whatever and sell it on Ebay as " RARE PROMO FOR ONLY $20!). Hell, even worse are those people who rip the pin ups from Megami magazines and sell them for $5-$10 a piece saying ' RARE POSTER LAST ONE!'. Just as bad as scamming with their misleading advertisment and 500%+ increase in price in my opinion.

EBay is getting more and more corrupted these days. You type in 'anime' and a crap load of things are bootleg related. Figures are bootlegged as are DVDs, posters, etc etc...ugh. 

Quote from: koji on February 21, 2009, 04:52:05 AM
Arcueid ftw ;-;

A Ciel is good too.

Isn't this free advertising lol.

Yeah I was too lazy last night to save the picture, upload it, then post it on here, lol. But fixed =P
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Yukari Kaiba

got two things from my Japantown trip earlier today =D :
Gundam 00 Yun Kouga Design Works artbook

and a 2009 Bleach poster calendar

really like the calendar this year - its all color illustrations that weren't included in the artbook, and it came with a really cool print of a pencil sketch Kubo did of some of the lieutenants.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Shadowfax

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on February 21, 2009, 11:17:59 PM
got two things from my Japantown trip earlier today =D :
Gundam 00 Yun Kouga Design Works artbook

and a 2009 Bleach poster calendar

really like the calendar this year - its all color illustrations that weren't included in the artbook, and it came with a really cool print of a pencil sketch Kubo did of some of the lieutenants.
That... is... amazing! ;D Seriously, my brother alone (a happy Bleach fan) would love love love a calendar like that.

rude32

LordKefka I'm really jealous of everything you posted on here. :'(
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

LordKefka

Quote from: rude32 on February 21, 2009, 11:30:52 PM
LordKefka I'm really jealous of everything you posted on here. :'(

I'm jealous of a few other people's stuff myself as well...=\

Problem is I don't know where to get a few things even though I have the a lot of the things I want down.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

mDuo13

AngieDesu

Megami 106 and 103 two days ago, if that counts.

xXunyuuXx

Quote from: AngieDesu on March 02, 2009, 10:38:29 PM

Megami 106 and 103 two days ago, if that counts.

OH....I wonder where you GOT those from? >.> <.<
After riding for 14 blocks on a broken scooter and drinking
melon cream soda.
I am jealous of them @.@
You must had have fun hanging all those poster up.
Remember, shiny poster under the light ^^
Then watch them burn into a beautiful color >8D
Okay I'm done >_<;
I want more figures now D:
I saw a set of Da Capo first season in their bathing suit...
but then I might be consider as a tan fetish...AGAIN

LordKefka

Good thing I advised my friend to buy 3 of the Kannagi March issues: one for me and two for himself =P

Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Dragon Ninja

I purchased Bleach: The Entry Season 2 DVD Box Set today at Wal-Mart after I had cashed in my pay check.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

LordKefka

Well... I think this will be one of the few remaining PVCs that I want and obtained so far. All it cost me was 5 days of not buying food (or spending anything in general)

But yeah, Tama-chan~~~~ :3

Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

LordKefka

It's nice to have an awesome friend back in Cali who can compensate for the crap they lack here in Boston.

Cost me $125 but I paid him off. Worth every penny. Clannad pillow case he got at WonderCon and the Megami and dengeki he got at Kino :3

Can't wait to go back to chill with him at Fanimu (and pick up my stuff xD)

Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

LordKefka

Bah... so I got off my lazy ass and snapped some pics of the recent things I got. I have one more coming in the mail and it's Vita-chan from Nanoha. I really wish they made a PVC or her that isn't from StrikerS.... bah. Anyways, there are some of the ones I picked out to buy.

Let's start with something that is a bit mediocre and bootleg looking... yeah. I swear, it looked a lot more awesome in the pictures. Anyways, when I opened this thing, it looked, smelled, and tasted (=P) like a bootleg... but it isn't a bootleg. It's just how it's made. Why it costs around $70 without shipping, I don't know. All I know is that I paid $40 for it. Reason why I bought it: her stockings. Yep, I'm a stocking type of person. I would have bought Noumi by Kotobukiya but I passed. Don't know what I was thinking.

God... I love the details for the feet at least. Anyone with a fetish for those wouldn't hesitate to buy it. It wasn't my reason..~_~;

Alright, next I really have to say of the Fauna PVCs, I picked this one over the other one which looks too generic. Yeah, I guess this does look a little generic also but the secret is her clothes come off. Haven't tried to take her dress off myself though..>_>; But other than that, it has a great facial expression.

Ok so the next one is Ignis from Chaos Gate. There are apparently FIVE different PVCs of her made by all the big PVCs makers. We have Orchid Seed, Alter, Max Factory, and well.. Orchid Seed again and some random one which made the crappiest Ignis PVC compared to the other 3. Out of those, I picked the one made by Alter because her pose is much better by FAR compared to the other ones. The one by Max Factory and Orchid Seed had her standing straight up like an idiot with her sword dangling. This one is by FAR the best. Has very nice thighs as well if you look at the right position ( not show in picture) >_>;;

I wouldn't say there is anything WRONG with her eyes, but it looks as if someone just stuck some stickers on her face and called them eyes...~_~; Bah, maybe it's a bad angle.

Finally, out of the hundreds of PVCs I looked through, I found one I wanted so bad I was willing to dish out money for. Good thing I paid $42 for it brand new. Anyways, it's Meifen from the Shuraki series and made by Good Smile/Red Entertainment. I can't find a flaw with this figure. Everything is too perfect from her China dress to her hair to even the base... The BASE! I would say by far the best of all the Shuraki collections out of the five that are out. Just look at how detailed he laces on her legs and her hair are. Speaks for itself.

I have to admit though even if it's awesome, the plastic things that cover her legs, boobs etc etc which requires them to be removed by taking the figure apart was freakin ridiculous. No, I'm not joking nor do I have problems with my hands. Miku had one: under her dress. But this thing, this thing had 6 which required me to take everything apart. I had to pull her head off, her upper torsol out, her two white things out (which were hard to put back in), her ribbon on the back of her china dress out, the UPPER part of her dress and the LOWER part of her dress. UGH!..>_<;;

Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

BlueCharisma

Thats some nice pvc you have their. Their is many Ignis pvc out their from many companys ranging from $25 for the Bome to $120ish for the Orchid Seed. Not only is their many different brand but their also variant color schemes.

I also have the Mei figure from Shuraki and I am with you on how nice it is. It's very detailed. I paid about $40 for it when they had a sale on Hobbyfan.

LordKefka

Yeah, I forgot about the Bome Ignis one. Slipped my mind because of how much I didn't even care about it =P. That new one that just came out was a piece of crap. I looked at it from a smaller picture and thought to myself " wtf is this shit? Is that a....person?"

But nowadays it's hard to find Meifen for cheap.

My next three targets are these: Gwendoyln from Odin Sphere, Saber Lily and this one I want. I almost shat brix when I saw this:

Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

BlueCharisma

I actually find the Bome Ignis is decent. It plain but what you expect for the cost. lol

This is one of recent thing I got. It's a 1/7 scale C.C. from Code Geass R2. You can take off her black robe.

LordKefka

Yeah that's an expensive CC. I remember seeing it for over $100. Only in Japan. That or over $150 on Ebay, lol.

The only PVCs that will impress me of something I can't get my hands on are Nanoha PVCs. No, not the StrikerS PVC that I could care less about. I'm talking about the Fate Alter/Max Factory PVC released back a few years ago. That or Nanoha. Those are probably top priority PVCs for me that I want to get my hands on.

Finally, I am kicking myself to this day for not getting the Kara no Kyoukai kimono PVC when it was $70. Must try and look for it at Fanime or AX...
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

BlueCharisma

That C.C is pretty expensive. Sells in Japan for $100. I remember their was a site that had it for $200 and it sold out. If you are after the Alter Fate (burst mode), my friend and I is also after that as we missed it. Let hope they have atleast 3 of them.  ;D

LordKefka

Yeah. There are a lot of PVCs nowadays. I don't care for much other than a hand full of them. Rather have 10 solid good ones than 100 crappy ones made by Sega or Movic...xD

That said, we WILL be fighting for those if there is only one. Gloves are off but no elbowing =P
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.