maid cafe idea

Started by yoshi, September 20, 2008, 01:01:04 AM

yoshi

Hi all. I think that the maid cafe should actually be in a more enclosed area, such as a panel room. The reason for this is so that the environment can be better controlled. You could put stuff up on the walls, set up special lighting, and create a more exclusive environment. That's what the maid cafe needs most. Having the maid cafe (as in the last two years) in an open area just does not help create the right environment. No maid cafes in Japan are out in the open.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: yoshi on September 20, 2008, 01:01:04 AM
Hi all. I think that the maid cafe should actually be in a more enclosed area, such as a panel room. The reason for this is so that the environment can be better controlled. You could put stuff up on the walls, set up special lighting, and create a more exclusive environment. That's what the maid cafe needs most. Having the maid cafe (as in the last two years) in an open area just does not help create the right environment. No maid cafes in Japan are out in the open.

As posted in the main thread.

Thank you for the suggestion.

However, while I am fully aware of how a standard maid cafe's environment should be, some things are out of our control. Space assigned is dependent on the convention's circumstances, but perhaps we will try to suggest occupying a panel room the following year. The reason for the large space this year was due to the fact that the previous year had trafficking issues, and the obvious improvement was to expand the available space. I'm not entirely sure how space is managed, as I was not the organizer for this or the previous year.

I am also aware of how a maid cafe's decor should ideally be, however the organization that we work with to provide the space for us does not allow anything to be on the walls, and electrical equipment would also be beyond our control. I can't say that I'm satisfied with the conditions, myself, and I also do agree that they are inadequate-- however, I do believe FanimeCon is doing whatever they can to improve what they are able to control. The maid cafe is a very new project in FanimeCon, so I do not expect to be able to acquire every single detail as desired. We are taking the necessarily steps to gain the ability to portray an authentic maid cafe as closely as possible, I assure you. Sorry if the conditions aren't up to par as of yet, but as this project develops, I'm sure improvements will be made in the future to be up to standards.

- Maid trainer, Jun

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

punk_parfait

The Maid Cafe was such a cute idea! If it's going on in 2009 and you need maids, I'd love to help as long as the shifts won't be too long. ♥

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: punk_parfait on September 23, 2008, 09:52:34 PM
The Maid Cafe was such a cute idea! If it's going on in 2009 and you need maids, I'd love to help as long as the shifts won't be too long. ♥

Sure thing! We will be recruiting fairly soon, so I will keep you in consideration. Please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will keep you in consideration and you will be updated with any news that you may need to know.

Are you available on October 4th? We are having a small cafe during the Spirit of Japantown festival from 10am to 6pm, and are still recruiting maids. If you are able to provide yourself with an adequate uniform before then, I can add you to my e-mailing list and inform you with what you need to know. Please refer to this thread if you are interested and drop me an e-mail.

- Jun

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

yoshi

hi all,

Is there any way to have say the Hilton restaurant/bar for maybe a limited time host a "maid cafe?" It would be probably the most money that restaurant would see in the entire year. 

just a thought,

yoshi

Kazuko

Quote from: yoshi on October 03, 2008, 01:41:22 AM
hi all,

Is there any way to have say the Hilton restaurant/bar for maybe a limited time host a "maid cafe?" It would be probably the most money that restaurant would see in the entire year. 

just a thought,

yoshi
Im pretty sure that place gets steady income, the hotels are used alot besides just fanimecon. Plus Its pretty doubtful that it could happen there because that place is pretty small, and the lines for maid cafe gets super long (07 was a pure example of that)

Also that a contract would have to be dealt with and whatnot its just better to keep it on con grounds.  Plus remember there are other people there that dont go to fanime that use the hilton and marriot hotels

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: yoshi on October 03, 2008, 01:41:22 AM
hi all,

just a thought,

yoshi

While your suggestion is appreciated, such a thing would not work. For one, we can't rent out their business space and replace all their servers with our volunteers. The maid cafe would have to be held on convention grounds, rather than hotel property. Using any of their restaurants wouldn't be an adequate environment for a maid cafe. Also, their hotel restaurants actually do get steady business depending on the season.

- Jun

FanimaidCafe.com

ewu

Before anyone notes that the hotel conference rooms are on hotel property, those are availible for event space, where as the City Bar and Grill is not. Although, I will check if we can arrange something w/ regards to a private party in a Maid Cafe style, but the cost MAY be prohibitive.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ewu

AANNNNNNNNNDDDD response.....

It's not likely that we have the budget for booking the City Cafe....but more prohibitive is that the Hilton and the Marriott are both union properties, so having maids delivering food would directly conflict with those union members who work as servers there.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Ska_Kitti

^__^ I like seeing the meido kissa by the windows and not in the panel rooms. The kissa from 2008 was well controlled. I'm not sure if this was done in the past, so is there a way to post the menu online before con?
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Ayanami Rei First Child

I think the Maid Cafe should go on longer then before. I know there were some times that I went that I wanted to go, but it conflicted with my schedule. ^^;

PyronIkari

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on October 31, 2008, 03:41:46 PM
I think the Maid Cafe should go on longer then before. I know there were some times that I went that I wanted to go, but it conflicted with my schedule. ^^;

Find volunteers that are willing to do so ^^

Mizuhime54

Hiya, I'm new to the forums, but I've read this before as a guest. :3

Um, what's the age limit for the maid cafe? You could say I'm pretty young ^//^ (*cough*16*cough*) so yeah.

Thanks!

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Mizuhime54 on November 08, 2008, 09:48:45 AM
Hiya, I'm new to the forums, but I've read this before as a guest. :3

Um, what's the age limit for the maid cafe? You could say I'm pretty young ^//^ (*cough*16*cough*) so yeah.

Thanks!

You must be 16 years old, minimum, and a girl. I take it you were the one who emailed me not too long ago. I've added you to the mailing list, so once things get started, I'll send you all you need to know.

FanimaidCafe.com

hellangel

Quote from: Ska_Kitti on October 12, 2008, 10:44:05 PM
^__^ I like seeing the meido kissa by the windows and not in the panel rooms. The kissa from 2008 was well controlled. I'm not sure if this was done in the past, so is there a way to post the menu online before con?

Agreed. And good idea!
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Kazuko

I would like to suggest an online reservation system since it would make things a big smoother in terms of controlling foot traffic and thus making the lines run a bit faster

Mizuhime54

jemz

Quote from: Kazuko on November 22, 2008, 12:10:26 AM
I would like to suggest an online reservation system since it would make things a big smoother in terms of controlling foot traffic and thus making the lines run a bit faster

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll keep it in mind as we look at last year's Maid Cafe attendance and performance as we fine tune Maid Cafe.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って