The God debate.

Started by Gatsby, September 23, 2008, 10:17:25 PM

Steve.Young

Quote from: PyronIkari on September 25, 2008, 10:28:45 PM
I hate religious discussions, because in general, most people that discuss religion know jack nothing about religion.

First, we need to separate a few things.

Religion as a faith,

Religion as a life style

Religion as a thought process.

It's great because, people don't even know the origins of their religions or what they're religions really preach. Christianity formed based on teachings of the Old Testament. The Old Testament... and the New Testament, contradict each other in every single way shape and form.

I don't knock religion. Having something to believe in is very powerful. But it's just that a belief. It isn't a life style. It doesn't control logic, reason, and life. Religion restricts a lot of things in life, and tells us to do a lot of things that go against the better judgment of mankind(based on scientific learning). That's because, science expands, and religion in essence cannot. By changing, it's no longer the religion it was.

I lied... I do hate religion. I support belief, but not religion. Religions were created to prevent people from doing things they "shouldn't". All religions had the same basis, it explained the unknown(at the time) and it said you would be punished if you did bad stuff.  This was the basis. Then it expanded and kept adding more and more rules and regulations.

If you let blind faith jurisdict all of your actions, you're not living as your religion states that it intends for you to live. It just all goes in circles. All religions are faulty and have holes in them. All of them contradict themselves... and much like all made up stories, it started with a single question. An answer was made up for that answer, so a new answer had to made. As it expanded more and more holes appeared.

Believe in something, feel completely free to, I support it. But try not to let it control how you live.

Sounds like you hate "Organized" religion. Religions that have a base, a structure, and a gajillion rules that govern everyone within that religion.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Glitch

Oh goody, this worn out argument.
Although this topic is talking about religion vs. science, most of these arguments make more Abrahamic religions vs. science. (christians,muslims, and jews.)

Baker!-!

sry i am only 13 but what if god made the earth with apparent age much like how he made the first man and wife adam and eve they were bor nas adults so what if the earth has apparent age like He made it looking like it is really old is taht possible
WAHHHHHHHHH where is patty and hiyori when you need them the most

cosplays for 09
main:Eevee ginjika ?%
Sides:Mitsuru 15% lol i have the hair naturally

PyronIkari

Quote from: Baker!-! on October 20, 2008, 09:55:54 PM
sry i am only 13 but what if god made the earth with apparent age much like how he made the first man and wife adam and eve they were bor nas adults so what if the earth has apparent age like He made it looking like it is really old is taht possible

Advice... shut up. Seriously.

Now, if you're going to continue to post and not listen to that advice here is some more advice.

THINK before you post. Write out things that are coherent and make sure they make sense before you post them. Type full words and use punctuation. Things like periods and commas, capitalize words, that whole deal.

I have NO GOD DAMNED CLUE what your post is even attempting to say. Don't assume that we all believe in God.

Baker!-!

WAHHHHHHHHH where is patty and hiyori when you need them the most

cosplays for 09
main:Eevee ginjika ?%
Sides:Mitsuru 15% lol i have the hair naturally

Mizuki

Didn't I put proper language in the rules?

I'm locking this thread, this is already out of hand that I want to deal with.

sysadmin

Damn, I actually wanted to reply to PyronIkari's crazy comments. :)