The OFFICIAL Dance Thread + Poll!

Started by DJ Reign, September 24, 2008, 02:26:52 PM

What genre of music would you like to hear besides trance in '09?

Rap/Hip-Hop/RnB
Drum'n'Bass
House/Electro
80's/90's
Happy Hardcore/Speedcore
Other

DJ Reign

Hi folks!

I made this thread for the purpose of seeing what other genres people would like to hear at Dance this time around.  Also, if anyone has any questions or comments concerning Dance, please post them here!

Now is the time for you to be heard!  If there is a big push for either one of these genres, the better chance of that particular genre to be played at this year's Dance.

kollunz

I would like to see a Mix of everything... But happyhardcore works well =D Scott Brown FTW.
doot

Dj Stormy Rayner

DJ Reign

Quote from: Dj Stormy Rayner on September 25, 2008, 12:57:52 PM
Bump for more White Lights and Strobes?  :D

http://www.myspace.com/djstormyrayner

I would if I could.  It's still early though, so I may be able to get some.  No promises though.

Dominium

I really enjoy something you can feel with your heart.
I'm not being cheesy. I mean when the bass is so loud, that you can feel it pumping through you.

Something fast, furious, and with serious bass would be awesome.
But a little of everything is cool too. :)
abnormally attracted to sin.

DJ Reign

Quote from: Dominium on September 25, 2008, 02:04:14 PM
I'm not being cheesy. I mean when the bass is so loud, that you can feel it pumping through you.

Ah, you mean like the pretty, fluffy trance?  Haha, I got plenty of that!  However, to be fair, I need to know what everyone else wants to hear, and it is really hard when no one says anything except for a small handful of people which is not enough.  Hence, making this thread so people can talk directly to me so we can have at little something at Dance that will appeal to everyone, not just a small group.

Kazuko

fffff something danceable this year please =\ I felt a little sad at the choice of music more hiphop and rap some hyphy too

DJ Reign

Forgot to add:

If you vote for "Other" please leave a post stating what that "Other" is so that I'll know.

Thanks

Mikoto_Hime17

Quote from: Dominium on September 25, 2008, 02:04:14 PM

I agree with Dominium, a good bass, and lots of fast crazy stuff XD
I liked alot of last years
but pretty much any music pleases me
~Time Waits For No One~

Brainpowerd

With Fanime now getting over 15,000 people for the weekend-long party, it would be nice to expand the listening profile. Not everyone is into Happy Hardcore just like not everyone is into Rap or any other specifically styled music type / genre. Since the '09 theme is Music, however, I would hope that the dance coordinator will work hard to find DJ's to fit more than just a handful of music styles -- that harkens back to the earlier days of Fanime when this con was the only one with a real nightclub-style dance over more than one night. Bring back some of the old-schoolers if possible (I used to be one, by the way) such as DJ Mod (who's still on the Fanime staff) or DJ Socket or DJ Jinnai. I know that Muteki will be lurking and he might be able to pull Magic Mike out of his semi-retirement for some old-school B-Boy beats. You might also want to holler at DJ Hanzo Strider over at Stage Zero as he may be able to drop some beats or cross collaborate on a music presentation from his spot at SZ... (maybe we can even spread the dance out over more than one floor (the concourse at the SJCC after hours?) Just thinking out loud...)
- Assistant Director of Programming,
   FanimeCon '06

heeroyuy135

Quote from: Kazuko on September 25, 2008, 06:16:53 PM
fffff something danceable this year please =\ I felt a little sad at the choice of music more hiphop and rap some hyphy too
This. Besides, this is the Bay Area, home of the hyphy movement. I would be awesome for a night of homage to rap & hip-hop, both old school and new school, ranging from Run DMC to Lil' Wayne to E-40 to all the club bangers and everything in between.

PyronIkari

Reign: Remind me to totally send you Kokujin Tensai stuff, it's so horribly bad that you'll love it.

Ni-Sama

I bet people would love songs that my sister and I define as "songs that are meant to be blasted on speakers".

I'd suggest specific songs but, I want to make sure everyone would agree. ^^;
Costumes:
Blair - Soul Eater 5%
Shiki - TWEWY 0%

faymous

I'm sure we all have our own preferences for music, but to accomodate everyone else that will want to enjoy the dance, i guess maybe we should spread out to a little bit of everything?

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: Brainpowerd on October 21, 2008, 10:49:25 PM
Bring back some of the old-schoolers if possible (I used to be one, by the way) such as DJ Mod (who's still on the Fanime staff) or DJ Socket or DJ Jinnai.

Thank you very much for the mention. I didn't realize how much of an impact I have put upon the Fanime con organization.

If you want to keep me in contact, I do have a Myspace (unless you're already on it! :D )

www.myspace.com/lordkatsuhikojinnai

Reign has given me an email a few months back BTW. I'll hopefully look into a future Fanime for you guys. ^_^
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

dj 8-ball

Hip-hop definite but not too much hyphy. Sorry. This might be the bay but as the we like to say: "Old school > Hyphy"  LOL

TC X0 Lt 0X

I heard no J-Anything.
Maybe there was some when I was not in there (there Friday from 12:30-1:30, and Sunday from the beginning to 30min later), but I don't know so ¯\(°_°)/¯.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Dj Stormy Rayner

Nina Star 9

It's an anime con. I'm there to hear the worst, craziest J-pop I can, baby!

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: dj 8-ball on October 28, 2008, 12:51:48 PM
Hip-hop definite but not too much hyphy. Sorry. This might be the bay but as the we like to say: "Old school > Hyphy"  LOL

"Now what's the time? IT'S TIME TO GET ILL!!"
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com