The OFFICIAL Dance Thread + Poll!

Started by DJ Reign, September 24, 2008, 02:26:52 PM

What genre of music would you like to hear besides trance in '09?

Rap/Hip-Hop/RnB
Drum'n'Bass
House/Electro
80's/90's
Happy Hardcore/Speedcore
Other

DJ Reign

Quote from: dj 8-ball on October 28, 2008, 12:51:48 PM
Hip-hop definite but not too much hyphy. Sorry. This might be the bay but as the we like to say: "Old school > Hyphy"  LOL

Couldn't agree with you more.

I need to holla at you sometime soon.  I want to try and work something out.  Jinnai also.

BTW, Stormy, you know anyone with some lights that is willing to let us borrow?

Edit: Disregard last quote 8 Ball....I should be checking my emails more often now...

Dj Stormy Rayner

This isn't about the Dance but its a Dance topic. My new mix is here! its been one year since my last recorded mix and today a new one is finally online for download, It features some Deep Moody Progressive and some Epic Psy-Trance. With almost a euphoric feel to the whole mix, Here is the tracklist and link for you to download it, the link goes straight to my blog on Myspace. Enjoy =)

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=30587728&blogID=450903280

Stormy.

Yunri-Chan

Hrm... the rock/90s guitar stuff last year was kind of weird & hard to dance to. xD;;

I agree with the comment about having more Japanese music -- not just anime & OSTs, but also what's currently popular there. Also, I highly recommend expanding to other Asian music -- for example, Korea has a HUGE music/entertainment industry, and you should definitely look into Big Bang, DBSK, Epik High, Wonder Girls, BoA, Lee Hyori etc. A lot of people have made excellent remixes and mash-ups online like Aliks089 (here). I know a lot of people/my friends/I would totally flip out if 'Mirotic' or 'With U' (or other songs obv) was played at a rave. There's an entire world of kpop that has a ridiculously huge fanbase (see soompi's music section -- just look at the number of members online atm in the music section alone o_o) -- I'm surprised Fanime hasn't tapped into that genre of music since it's so popular.

At the same time, you guys should definitely have mainstream (aka typical high school dance stuff) too. Some congoers may hate mainstream, but there are a lot of us that enjoy it too.

So basically, variety in Asian music + Western music as well -- as long as it's danceable.

Just putting in my two cents! :3 Sorry for rambling~
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

JohnnyAR

Liars Dice

DJ Reign

Quote from: Yunri-Chan on November 23, 2008, 02:28:53 PM
Hrm... the rock/90s guitar stuff last year was kind of weird & hard to dance to. xD;;

I agree with the comment about having more Japanese music -- not just anime & OSTs, but also what's currently popular there. Also, I highly recommend expanding to other Asian music -- for example, Korea has a HUGE music/entertainment industry, and you should definitely look into Big Bang, DBSK, Epik High, Wonder Girls, BoA, Lee Hyori etc. A lot of people have made excellent remixes and mash-ups online like Aliks089 (here). I know a lot of people/my friends/I would totally flip out if 'Mirotic' or 'With U' (or other songs obv) was played at a rave. There's an entire world of kpop that has a ridiculously huge fanbase (see soompi's music section -- just look at the number of members online atm in the music section alone o_o) -- I'm surprised Fanime hasn't tapped into that genre of music since it's so popular.

At the same time, you guys should definitely have mainstream (aka typical high school dance stuff) too. Some congoers may hate mainstream, but there are a lot of us that enjoy it too.

So basically, variety in Asian music + Western music as well -- as long as it's danceable.

Just putting in my two cents! :3 Sorry for rambling~

There were some kpop played at this year's Dance.

thedigitalkuri

I believe the statement 'something to shake your ass to?'

Little bit of the club bangers, touch of the eighties, some of the R and B, touch of the happy hardcore, and a little bit of Drum n' Bass for those of us that like to feel it in the ribcage.

Earlier in the thread I saw requests for Asian music in general, and I bump that! Rain's good, the Ayu-mixes are always quite nice and could be a lot of fun to play with. There's all sorts of stuff. I think what'll make a floor fun for the mass populace is variety, or else sections broken up and specified on the program.

Like, 8-9 is happy hardcore... or x hour to X hour is this. That way people know what to expect. XD Personally, I have a hard time dancing to happy hardcore. It all kinda sounds the same, but I know there are some people that passionately love it. So. *GRIN*

As long as everyone's got something to dance to, right?
I'm an artist who loves the anime. Hopefully I'll be there to chat with you all in artist alley this year!

Songbird

The main thin I'd request is variety. I like trance and heavy beat raver music but last year that was almost all they played. I'd love for them to mix it up with some hip-hop, rock and j-pop. And whatever else that could be fun to dance to.

ruby19_4

Im more on hip hop, but anything else i think is fine. BTW do anyone know where it is going to be? I had been missing it twice already. I dont want to miss it this year. I want to all out this year. After all i dont know if my friends are going anymore after this year. So let me know please. O yea. any rules on clothing and what time till what time. thx.

erandir

I want to hear as little rap as possible please. Sorry to those who might enjoy the genre but you can't dance to it and it's not even technically music. It's just glorified beat poetry and doesn't belong at a dance.

Trance, techno, drum'n'bass and happy hardcore are what belong at dances. Anything you would have found in the "Dance/Techno" section at a record store.

I'll bring the glowsticks, you provide the music.

DJ Reign

Quote from: erandir on January 16, 2009, 09:49:48 PM
I want to hear as little rap as possible please. Sorry to those who might enjoy the genre but you can't dance to it and it's not even technically music. It's just glorified beat poetry and doesn't belong at a dance.

Trance, techno, drum'n'bass and happy hardcore are what belong at dances. Anything you would have found in the "Dance/Techno" section at a record store.

I'll bring the glowsticks, you provide the music.

I believe you have the wrong idea here.  Hip-Hop/Rap are often heard at dances all over.  High school dances come to mind as well as some raves, and I think I speak for the majority when I say that it is one of the easiest genres to dance to, not to mention one of the easiest genres to mix.

Dance is not limited to EDM.  As much as I would like to have all of these genres at Dance, I can't.  There is a push for more Hip-Hop, and since I am for the people, there will get more of it.  EDM is not going anywhere as long as I am here, but that doesn't mean I won't listen to the public.

So don't worry, there will be enough music to go around for everyone to enjoy.

Nina Star 9

I'm one of those lame people who can't figure out how to dance to hip-hop/rap. I really don't get it. (Though, if I can't do the Charlston to it, I can't dance to it, so I'm not really the best authroity on this... ;P)

I'm still in for all of the worst, most ear-bleeding J-pop I can hear. Eurobeat is good too. I would actually love more jazz and funk and whatever else (I'm so bad with musical genres...), but I doubt many others would.

Will there ever be a dance schedule with the DJ and the general genre that they will be spinning/prefer to spin? I think I have seen schedules of DJs in the past, but I don't remember if there was ever a list of genres, or do the DJs go between genres and I'll just have to take my chances?

Dj Stormy Rayner

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on January 19, 2009, 10:17:00 PM
I'm one of those lame people who can't figure out how to dance to hip-hop/rap. I really don't get it. (Though, if I can't do the Charlston to it, I can't dance to it, so I'm not really the best authroity on this... ;P)

I'm still in for all of the worst, most ear-bleeding J-pop I can hear. Eurobeat is good too. I would actually love more jazz and funk and whatever else (I'm so bad with musical genres...), but I doubt many others would.

Will there ever be a dance schedule with the DJ and the general genre that they will be spinning/prefer to spin? I think I have seen schedules of DJs in the past, but I don't remember if there was ever a list of genres, or do the DJs go between genres and I'll just have to take my chances?

There was a schedule last year outside the door, it listed the DJs in order of Appearance and the Genres plus Websites next to their names. Im sure details will be posted and everything just keep a eye out for them.

Cheers,
Stormy.

http://www.myspace.com/djstormyrayner

HuggalotXOmocha

I like hardstyle, gothtech, and noise.

>___>;

kay0ss

Dj Stormy Rayner

Khaistyle

I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

JohnnyAR

There better be some Michael Jackson songs playing. I wanna dance to Billy Jean dammit!

demichild

Quote from: Liars Dice on November 30, 2008, 07:16:06 PM
Nu disco would be fun.

YO !!! Its Me DEMI and Yumi! I Would Love to play Again this year if you guys Will have me again! I Posted a Mix Of What i played last year on my myspace. . Im Hella down to do it again is you guys want some more Electro house / nu disco / bangers B-More hip hop.
Let me know....
Oh and if ya need some lights... may be a laser.  8) Holla at me aswell!

http://www.mypsace.com/demichildAIM: DEMICHILD
The Demichild ( house/ electro  / Nu Disco / Indie)
[email protected]

idontknow

i say hip hop just because it's more dancable.

this may sound kind of crazy but i wanna hear more "couple" music like waltzes *cough cough* can i have this dance hsm *cough cough* LOL!!! stupid idea but i think it'll be cute if the whole room (or at least most) of the room is waltzing :3 it doesn't even have to be that song maybe even that song from ff8 :D