The OFFICIAL Dance Thread + Poll!

Started by DJ Reign, September 24, 2008, 02:26:52 PM

What genre of music would you like to hear besides trance in '09?

Rap/Hip-Hop/RnB
Drum'n'Bass
House/Electro
80's/90's
Happy Hardcore/Speedcore
Other

striderhanzo

Quote from: abcbadcat on March 08, 2009, 07:52:21 PM
Please never play the Mortal Kombat theme ever again

but what you guys should look into (if you don't know about it already) is this

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=QWCE-25

There are three of these CDs and they're pretty awesome

Give them a listen but I think they'd go over pretty well

i have those CDs, and yes they are great, but the style we're trying to put out is live mixing. so even though this mix cd is great (and makes well for driving distances), its something we aren't going to play, since its a pre-mixed cd.

but nice taste in music none the less! d^__^b

jinnai_animexcalibur

Please never play Carameldansen ever again <---fix'd

just kidding xD!
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

striderhanzo

Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on March 09, 2009, 01:39:16 AM

just kidding xD!

i had some yaoi-con fan girl hella try to tell me to play that at the dance, i'm totally clueless about the song (and with good reason from what i hear)

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: striderhanzo on March 09, 2009, 01:51:26 AM
Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on March 09, 2009, 01:39:16 AM

just kidding xD!

i had some yaoi-con fan girl hella try to tell me to play that at the dance, i'm totally clueless about the song (and with good reason from what i hear)

You prolly don't wanna know. It's not even aime-related or Japanese.
Just a passing internet song fad made into some bad AMVs.

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

www.shinodasound.com

LordMoufMouf

I vote for anything that is not rap/hip-hop/R&B.

Not only can you not actually dance to that "music" (except smash and grind as if you're having sex on the dancefloor), but most of the songs contain abusive and disrespectful messages and lyrics towards different groups of people.

Honestly, I'm going to the dances in hope that more anime/pop music will be played, since so many dances play nothing but rap.

If rap consists of most of the evening's lineup, you can count on at least one less guest (my companions for the weekend also share this view with me).

RadioactiveKitty

i would prefer dance/ electro/ techno style music. to me hip hop does not belong at something like this. i probably would not go IF they were to play that, i mean to me strobe lights, glowsticks, and multi coloured lights do not belong with hip hop but any kind of house/ electronic/ dance... etc

but thats just my opinion-

Dj Stormy Rayner

DJ Reign

Cowbell would be funny.

There will be a major update real soon.  And I do mean MAJOR!!!!!!

Dj Stormy Rayner

Quote from: DJ Reign on March 16, 2009, 09:35:11 PM
Cowbell would be funny.

Why major why not , Captain or General? XD ...no really i got nothing ill stop trying to be funny ;;>.>

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: Dj Stormy Rayner on March 16, 2009, 08:44:13 PM
We need more cowbell. HAH! XD

Stormy,

http://www.myspace.com/djstormyrayner

Cowbell would be funny.

Ok guys, I'll bring my cowbell. :D

www.shinodasound.com

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: LordMoufMouf on March 13, 2009, 11:10:48 AM

Not only can you not actually dance to that "music" (except smash and grind as if you're having sex on the dancefloor), but most of the songs contain abusive and disrespectful messages and lyrics towards different groups of people.

Honestly, I'm going to the dances in hope that more anime/pop music will be played, since so many dances play nothing but rap.

If rap consists of most of the evening's lineup, you can count on at least one less guest (my companions for the weekend also share this view with me).

Ill just leave this here...

http://www.newschoolhiphop.com

http://megaran.com/index.html

the mainstream Rap you've been hearing is not marketed to you.

These two artists dedicate their entire careers to anime, videogames and geekry. Entire albums based on fandom as well. Give it a listen at least. Thank you.

www.shinodasound.com

Dj Stormy Rayner

Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on March 17, 2009, 03:22:01 PM

Nerdcore for the win m8 , throw down some Mc lars XD

These two artists dedicate their entire careers to anime, videogames and geekry. Entire albums based on fandom as well. Give it a listen at least. Thank you.

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: Dj Stormy Rayner on March 17, 2009, 03:27:14 PM

Thanks for the backup, Stormy.  :)

www.shinodasound.com

deonchan

Nerdcore and Trip-Hop could work @ the dance IMO

... not that I'll be there. Morning shift kinda kills that :p
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Mr. Wendell

Hey...you just might see and hear that at a Stage near you...  ;D

Cowbell would be funny.

It's going to be the MOTHER of all announcements!  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

jinnai_animexcalibur

I am a good friend of Maja. I will be hanging out with Mega Ran at San-Japan con in Texas. And YES, I AM A DANCE MUSIC DJ.

Good times.   :)

www.shinodasound.com

kollunz

Happy Hardcore please!  Been a fan since middleschool(in college now).  I haven't listened to rap and hiphop in 5 years for many reasons already posted in this thread.
doot

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: kollunz on March 18, 2009, 08:33:39 PM
Happy Hardcore please!  Been a fan since middleschool(in college now).  I haven't listened to rap and hiphop in 5 years for many reasons already posted in this thread.

Anabolic Frolic...remember that DJ? :D

www.shinodasound.com

JTchinoy

Your idea of rap seems to consist only of lil' jon, soulja boy, and the like.  rap/hip-hop/r&b isn't solely represented by mainstream tools who'll say anything for money.  good mainstreamrepresentatives to me would be jurassic 5 for rap, beyonce for hip hop, alicia keys for r&b.

I'd like some drum&bass or old school funk.  just tell me the time frame you'd be playing that kind of music.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

striderhanzo

Quote from: JTchinoy on March 18, 2009, 11:41:09 PM

What!?  YEAH!!!

jinnai: heart of gold came up on my iPod the other day, it made me chuckle.
Your idea of rap seems to consist only of lil' jon, soulja boy, and the like.  rap/hip-hop/r&b isn't solely represented by mainstream tools who'll say anything for money.  good mainstreamrepresentatives to me would be jurassic 5 for rap, beyonce for hip hop, alicia keys for r&b.

I'd like some drum&bass or old school funk.  just tell me the time frame you'd be playing that kind of music.