The OFFICIAL Dance Thread + Poll!

Started by DJ Reign, September 24, 2008, 02:26:52 PM

What genre of music would you like to hear besides trance in '09?

Rap/Hip-Hop/RnB
Drum'n'Bass
House/Electro
80's/90's
Happy Hardcore/Speedcore
Other

JTchinoy

I was wondering where the hell you posted, then i noticed you're in the 1st quote box.   :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

jinnai_animexcalibur

The goal is to please everyone. If there's a type of music that's not to your liking, come back a little later. Let the people who like a certain type of genre have their chance to party. It's never fair to hog the dance floor.

And with that, I give you this little youtube video gem.

Dance attendees please watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VU8P5WPZaI
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

DJ Reign

Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on March 19, 2009, 08:37:43 AM
The goal is to please everyone. If there's a type of music that's not to your liking, come back a little later. Let the people who like a certain type of genre have their chance to party. It's never fair to hog the dance floor.

I disagree.  The goal is NOT to please everyone for it is impossible to please everyone.  This has been proven time and time again.  Someone requested nerdcore, and I do not even know what nerdcore sounds like nor have I ever heard of that genre.  Is that a real genre?  And if so, where would you hear it?

The goal is to have a big enough variety that will appeal to everybody of all ages.  Last year we had a nice sized variety, and turned out very good.  In fact, there were quite a few people that came up to me and said "This year's dance was the best dance in a long time."  This time, there will be even more variety, and more...room?  And maybe an extra night?  I'll leave it at that for you people to wander what I am talking about. :)

And I can't believe I forgot about that video!  EVERYBODY who plans on attending Dance, you need to watch that video...Seriously.

deonchan

Quote from: DJ Reign on March 19, 2009, 11:49:07 AM

I disagree.  The goal is NOT to please everyone for it is impossible to please everyone.  This has been proven time and time again.  Someone requested nerdcore, and I do not even know what nerdcore sounds like nor have I ever heard of that genre.  Is that a real genre?  And if so, where would you hear it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerdcore

Artists:

http://frontalot.com/

http://www.optimusrhyme.com/

http://www.mclars.com/

ETC ETC
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

jinnai_animexcalibur

I disagree.  The goal is NOT to please everyone for it is impossible to please everyone. 

The goal is to have a big enough variety that will appeal to everybody of all ages. 

Lost me on that one. "Please" and "appeal" are synonyms. I do know about having more genres = more dance attendee satisfaction. But consider this:

This is where the INTERNET mix comes in, where I try to mix MANY GENRES and call it a mix set. One track could be nerdcore, then the next track, a star wars parody tune, the next track Haddaway, the next track Homestar Runner, etc. The only relation that all the tracks have are that they are found as popular tunes from the internet, and as long as the BPM matches.

This is the gap between a dance and a rave. No way in hell would this Internet mix work at a rave, but at an anime con dance, IT IS PURE EPIC WIN.

And yes I have done this at many anime cons from California to Nevada and to Texas, and it has been successful. Time and time again.

And I can't believe I forgot about that video!  EVERYBODY who plans on attending Dance, you need to watch that video...Seriously.

It has saved me many times. Especially the first rule about... playing...for... everyone.  ;)

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

www.shinodasound.com

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: deonchan on March 19, 2009, 12:33:17 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerdcore

Artists:

http://frontalot.com/

http://www.optimusrhyme.com/

http://www.mclars.com/

ETC ETC

www.rhymetorrents.org (yes this site is 100% legal).

I'm not a hardcore fan of Nerdcore, but I do know that it exists and has a following in the underground Hip Hop scene. It all has to start somewhere.

www.shinodasound.com

Dj Stormy Rayner

Seems this year will have a good mixture of everything, so it will give the young folks some air from the deep clubs tunes XD

RadioactiveKitty

The goal is to have a big enough variety that will appeal to everybody of all ages.  Last year we had a nice sized variety, and turned out very good.  In fact, there were quite a few people that came up to me and said "This year's dance was the best dance in a long time."  This time, there will be even more variety, and more...room?  And maybe an extra night?  I'll leave it at that for you people to wander what I am talking about. :)

THANK YOU someone said it before me and i would have been a lil biyach about it too. i NEVER remember hearing anything but trance, dance etc in there. maybe coz i come at certain times... i dunno... in 2007 the DJ seemed to favour Sandstorm by DaRude...

fear not you are not alone i do not know Nerd Core either :/

jinnai_animexcalibur

www.shinodasound.com

RadioactiveKitty

Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on March 20, 2009, 08:21:34 AM
Not everyone knows Hyphy either.

hyphy is overrated wanna be gang stuff now-a-days. i know it use to be like in the 70's i THINK is when it started i am not completely sure.

but this is related to raves, and a moderator said that this is a dance not a rave... calling it so may get it shut down. look for ewu's post in Dace Stuff i believe it is

Dj Stormy Rayner

DJ Reign

Quote from: RadioactiveKitty on March 20, 2009, 08:00:43 PM

hyphy is overrated wanna be gang stuff now-a-days. i know it use to be like in the 70's i THINK is when it started i am not completely sure.

but this is related to raves, and a moderator said that this is a dance not a rave... calling it so may get it shut down. look for ewu's post in Dace Stuff i believe it is

They play hyphy music at raves now?  Has it really been THAT long since I went to a party?  Wait...I just played at a rave not too long ago...in Tennessee.  Didn't hear any there....Must be a bay area thing now?  Wait...Skills parties don't have any hyphy music....

ewu

Fanime's Dance is NOT a rave.....is it that hard?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Dj Stormy Rayner

Quote from: DJ Reign on March 21, 2009, 10:43:02 AM

They play hyphy music at raves now?  Has it really been THAT long since I went to a party?  Wait...I just played at a rave not too long ago...in Tennessee.  Didn't hear any there....Must be a bay area thing now?  Wait...Skills parties don't have any hyphy music....

Jason i swear i go clubbing in SF every week now, infact i just was at the party at slimouse last night!, whats playing is Minimal , Techno , House and Trance. i dunno where these folks are getting Hyphy from no one plays that shit around here

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: ewu on March 21, 2009, 11:06:39 AM
Fanime's Dance is NOT a rave.....is it that hard?

I endorse this post. :D

www.shinodasound.com

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: DJ Reign on March 21, 2009, 10:43:02 AM

Lol there was one time, one guy was like "Nobody is dancing to this techno shit. Play some harcore Hyphy rap!"

I went on the mic and said "If you're having a good time, SCREAM!" Majority of the party screamed loud for that! Idiot ranter walked with his head down with hot tears of shame. 

Good times.

www.shinodasound.com

jinnai_animexcalibur

Try late 1990s in Oakland.

www.shinodasound.com

striderhanzo

Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on March 21, 2009, 02:50:54 PM

Try late 1990s in Oakland.

where poppin yo collar with the wrong color would get you shot? good times....

jinnai_animexcalibur

www.shinodasound.com

striderhanzo