The OFFICIAL Dance Thread + Poll!

Started by DJ Reign, September 24, 2008, 02:26:52 PM

What genre of music would you like to hear besides trance in '09?

Rap/Hip-Hop/RnB
Drum'n'Bass
House/Electro
80's/90's
Happy Hardcore/Speedcore
Other

BumbleB

Please PLEASE don't over play the hip hop pop. Dance is techno. Gah i just came home from my school dance and it FAILED. They didn't play ONE of my song requests. I even brought my ipod and ipod hook up. Maybe high schoolers don't like REAL dance music. IDK they played too many slow songs.
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

chanocular

Quote from: BumbleB on April 25, 2009, 10:41:53 AM
Please PLEASE don't over play the hip hop pop. Dance is techno. Gah i just came home from my school dance and it FAILED. They didn't play ONE of my song requests. I even brought my ipod and ipod hook up. Maybe high schoolers don't like REAL dance music. IDK they played too many slow songs.

Thats how our high school dances were like. They play what serves the majority of the high school students (Main stream hip hop and ...whatever they play on the radio). We usually hold our mini-dances in our computer lab, thats where we play real dance music. lol geez I miss high school.  :-\

Ryo_Hellsing

I agree 100% with this. They did the same in my high school.  We where lucky to get the three minuet Sand Storm but that was it.   :'(

BumbleB

Sandstorm was actually one I requested but I got Lady Gaga Just Dance cr** Flo Rida etc
Songs I requested:
Pretty Rave Girl(the theme was rave/neon)
Oh, oh oh sexy vampire
Daft Punk

I was even holding back those were the songs I thought the other people MIGHT like.
Yes I can go to Fanime!

DJ Reign

Our Dance is not just techno.  We try to offer a good variety of genres so everybody can have something to enjoy.  Last year there was not much hip hop, but this year I'll have something special for those who like hip hop.

And you should not be so critical on your school dance.  They only play what most kids listen to on the radio.  You should not say it was a failure because they did not play what YOU wanted to hear or what YOU requested.

Yunri-Chan

I agree that there should be emphasis on techno, jpop etc, but I don't think it's fair for anyone to request a specific genre not to be played at all. Even if you some of you hate mainstream, there's bound to be at least a few at the dance who want to hear it. I for one think Lady GaGa & Flo Rida's music is catchy, and I have friends who go to Fanime who love them just as much as they love trance etc. It's impossible to cater to one person's personal taste bc there'll inevitably be people who hate it. So instead of downplaying certain genres, I think it's best if the DJs just have a lot of variety for dance-able music. =)
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

BumbleB

Quote from: DJ Reign on April 26, 2009, 10:11:27 AM

Our Dance is not just techno.  We try to offer a good variety of genres so everybody can have something to enjoy.  Last year there was not much hip hop, but this year I'll have something special for those who like hip hop.

And you should not be so critical on your school dance.  They only play what most kids listen to on the radio.  You should not say it was a failure because they did not play what YOU wanted to hear or what YOU requested.
Yeah I guess your right. I was pretty upset with it because it was 80s themed and they only played 2 80s songs.
Yes I can go to Fanime!

PrincessCake

As a dancer and musician I list to everything. But since I am making a rave/dance costume I want it to more rave like. Although I occassionally want to do more than just waving my hands around, and thats when hip hop comes in.

If it were me it would be;

House
Techno
Trance
Jungle
Hip Hop
Jpop
Old School Hip Hop
Happy Hardcore
Hardstyle
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

PrincessCake

Quote from: DJ Reign on April 22, 2009, 06:33:14 PM
Quote from: PrincessCake on April 22, 2009, 04:06:04 PM
House/Happy Hardcore/Techno/Trance/Hardstyle/Jungle

&

R&B/Clean Fun Hip Hop(old school maybe)

I love it when people just post genres and act like we are going to obey them.  Good stuff. :)
dude i already fucking voted. I don't need that. I was just listing what could possibly be played. Please don't get snappy with me. That was really rude!
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Rave/Dance Outfit

PrincessCake

Quote from: OtakuMessiah on April 23, 2009, 10:41:34 PM
Quote from: chanocular on April 23, 2009, 08:24:57 PM
dances are Friday night, saturday night, and sunday night correct?
Yes sir. Oh and there might be professional break dancers there as well. Like last year (They kinda stole the show last year... -.- )

breakdancers are everywhere! thats so bothersome!
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Rave/Dance Outfit

PrincessCake

Quote from: Ryo_Hellsing on April 25, 2009, 09:59:21 PM
I agree 100% with this. They did the same in my high school.  We where lucky to get the three minuet Sand Storm but that was it.   :'(
every highschool is like that. They had a rave theme and played no rave music, just hip hop like what the fuck is that. My GSA(gay straight alliance) wanted to make our own dance that was just techno/trance/happy hardcore music.
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Rave/Dance Outfit

jinnai_animexcalibur

For those opposing the Rap vote, GET OTHERS INVOLVED IN VOTING!  :D It's possible to dethrone the leader, you know. Only 6 votes away till House takes over.  ;)
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

chanocular

Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on April 27, 2009, 10:51:54 AM
For those opposing the Rap vote, GET OTHERS INVOLVED IN VOTING!  :D It's possible to dethrone the leader, you know. Only 6 votes away till House takes over.  ;)

I have this strange feeling that even if Rap gets the highest vote, we'd hear a small amount of it. I've noticed that the DJs last year are reactive towards the crowd's feedback. They play what the crowd seems to like more which is techno-house-anime-rave-dance-etc.-music.  :)

DJ Reign

Quote from: PrincessCake on April 27, 2009, 10:20:05 AM

&

I love it when people just post genres and act like we are going to obey them.  Good stuff. :)
dude i already fucking voted. I don't need that. I was just listing what could possibly be played. Please don't get snappy with me. That was really rude!
I do not like your tone.  THAT was rude.  You need to chill.  I meant nothing by it.  Guess you do not have a sense of humor. My bad.

kittymaxwell2004

Can I request Super Junior's new song "SORRY SORRY"??? It's really fun and upbeat!!!!

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: chanocular on April 27, 2009, 05:08:18 PM
Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on April 27, 2009, 10:51:54 AM

I have this strange feeling that even if Rap gets the highest vote, we'd hear a small amount of it. I've noticed that the DJs last year are reactive towards the crowd's feedback. They play what the crowd seems to like more which is techno-house-anime-rave-dance-etc.-music.  :)

True...

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

www.shinodasound.com

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: DJ Reign on April 27, 2009, 10:19:28 PM

&

I do not like your tone.  THAT was rude.  You need to chill.  I meant nothing by it.  Guess you do not have a sense of humor. My bad.

It's Reign's event. He's the Captain Harlock here.

www.shinodasound.com

PrincessCake

Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on April 28, 2009, 01:01:59 AM

&

it doesn't matter. he shouldn't talk to people like that. So I will be just as rude back.
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Rave/Dance Outfit

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: PrincessCake on April 28, 2009, 09:00:54 AM
Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on April 28, 2009, 01:01:59 AM

&

it doesn't matter. he shouldn't talk to people like that. So I will be just as rude back.

Oh SMAP! I'll hide now. *hides*

www.shinodasound.com

jinnai_animexcalibur

Any fans of Ringtone Rap?
Soulja Boy, D4L, Yung Joc, Dem Franchise Boyz, Pop it Off Boyz, Crime Mob, etc.

Just wondering.

www.shinodasound.com