The OFFICIAL Dance Thread + Poll!

Started by DJ Reign, September 24, 2008, 02:26:52 PM

What genre of music would you like to hear besides trance in '09?

Rap/Hip-Hop/RnB
Drum'n'Bass
House/Electro
80's/90's
Happy Hardcore/Speedcore
Other

Khaistyle

I've been waiting so long time for this moment :D
I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

PrincessCake

Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

Mr. Wendell

If you can, hit up the Pajama Jammy Jam on Thursday!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

Anna

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 link=topic=10655.msg#msg date=
Quote from: Kazuko link=topic=10655.msg#msg date=
fffff something danceable this year please =\ I felt a little sad at the choice of music more hiphop and rap some hyphy too
This. Besides, this is the Bay Area, home of the hyphy movement. I would be awesome for a night of homage to rap & hip-hop, both old school and new school, ranging from Run DMC to Lil' Wayne to E-40 to all the club bangers and everything in between.

I know this is from forever ago and it might not happen this year but I was wondering if there was going to be more rap and hiphop? =( It was a little hard to dance to what was being played for the past two hours. Anyone have DJ listings for the rest of tonight and tomorrow night?

abcbadcat

This year's rave was much better than last year's for sure.

The last two sets last night were amazing.

Strobe+Trance=<3

outcast

which dj played sandstorm cause thats when sunday's dance started to get hella fun..

striderhanzo

That, my friend, was me.

So I would like to thank you for the compliment.

Quote from: outcast on May 25, 2009, 08:47:30 PM
which dj played sandstorm cause thats when sunday's dance started to get hella fun..

outcast

Quote from: striderhanzo on May 25, 2009, 09:31:57 PM
That, my friend, was me.

So I would like to thank you for the compliment.

Quote from: outcast on May 25, 2009, 08:47:30 PM

your very welcome. the huge cap just closed and everyone in the house started dancing.

Kayra_monster

All I gotta say is the DJ's this year were rad, probably the best I've seen yet at fanime good job guys. :D

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: Kayra_monster on May 25, 2009, 10:45:06 PM
All I gotta say is the DJ's this year were rad, probably the best I've seen yet at fanime good job guys. :D

Awww thank you! *tear*  :)
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

PrincessCake

the music was amazing! I especially liked the eurobeat and the dj frieday night. the first one.
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: PrincessCake on May 26, 2009, 08:32:27 AM
the music was amazing! I especially liked the eurobeat and the dj frieday night. the first one.

I played the eurobeat ^_^!

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

www.shinodasound.com

Giudecca

Glad to hear the comments so far about the dances this year. :-* Good times aaaaallllll around, awww yayuh. I know I had a blast...all thanks to the crowds, of course. Much <3.

Let me know if you want any track ID's from my sets (I played electro/nu disco each night, like the I'm On A Boat remix et al ;) ).

abcbadcat

I loved the electro/trance/eurobeat (and I loved that remixed Sailor Moon song and I thought I heard a bit of Kanye thrown in) but Mortal Kombat and Sandstorm totally kill the vibe for me.

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 26, 2009, 03:11:03 PM
I loved the electro/trance/eurobeat (and I loved that remixed Sailor Moon song and I thought I heard a bit of Kanye thrown in)

Sounds like that was from my Saturday and Sunday set. I'll post the tracks I played Saturday and Sunday soon!

www.shinodasound.com

abcbadcat

Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on May 26, 2009, 05:29:42 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on May 26, 2009, 03:11:03 PM
I loved the electro/trance/eurobeat (and I loved that remixed Sailor Moon song and I thought I heard a bit of Kanye thrown in)

Sounds like that was from my Saturday and Sunday set. I'll post the tracks I played Saturday and Sunday soon!

(sadly) I was only there on Sunday around midnight until closing.

I was there every night last year but I had a few other things to take care of.

Now I can't wait for another bay area rave to come up and next year's fanime.

Danger

Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on October 29, 2008, 05:07:11 PM
Quote from: dj 8-ball on October 28, 2008, 12:51:48 PM
Hip-hop definite but not too much hyphy. Sorry. This might be the bay but as the we like to say: "Old school > Hyphy"  LOL

"Now what's the time? IT'S TIME TO GET ILL!!"

We need Beastie Boys at Fanime 2010!!!!!

DJ Jinrei

Random is what we do to keep EVERYONE entertained, if I had my way I'd stick to one style.. downside is that we'd loose the crowd if we only kept 25% of crowd happy (we stole B&B's clicker :P  but only a rough count as it wasn't consistent).
Glad you all liked the Sailor Moon mix, Mortal Kombat, BEPs, Aoki, Samberg (lol) and even all those 80s beats(originals) and remixes we all did.  Fanime crowd showed me last year that you guys are a dancing crowd that wants to something dance to something realistic with some here and there classic favorites from all walks of life.  That right there is what made my whole weekend this year was that you all were into everything we threw out you left an right to keep you guys moving.
We got some photos + vids compilations we did from our point of view that we'll be posting up very soon.  Also we aren't greedy so if you heard something you liked, just ask us if you haven't started already and we'll throw you some links or tell you where to get it for yourselves.

"...its not a tornado, its a sandstorm.."
Yeah i'm sorry to those that couldn't handle the strobes lol, its was a storm in there every time I got going on the lighting effects for the other DJs.

myspace.com/djjinrei

blueskad00

Hey all, Blue here!

WHAT AN AMAAAAAZING WEEKEND!!!

I would just like to say that I've been going to the Fanime raves/dances since 2006 and this is by FAR the best one there ever has been! Don't get me wrong, each one has been pretty amazing, but this year the music was so fantastic and I think the room was bigger and I never had to wait in line to get in or anything! It was so great! Everyone was so hyped up and dancing and it was great! And did I mention the fact that it held on till 4AM is amazing fantastic awesome?!! I always thought that the 2AM ending time was too soon, but 4AM is perfect! I could dance forever, but stopping me at 4AM is probably healthier for me. Haha!

And it was SOOO amazing how EVERY SINGLE DJ UP THERE was ABSOLUTELY brilliant in their music! You guys were so great! I loved all the music played from the hip-hop to the trance to the techno (especially the techno) to the anime-mash-ups and etc.! SOOO good! Props to you all! I bow to your musical greatness! Haha!

I was the girl who was dancing mostly front and center the whole night, if anyone danced with me, shout out! Lets be friends! =) I didn't end up getting people's contact information for future hanging-out-dancing-good-times, so if I danced with you and you remember me (Blue), message me!

Props to my personal fave DJ, Stormy. <3!

See you all next year! <3
Blue

outcast

Some hip hop but mainly old school hip hop.