The OFFICIAL Dance Thread + Poll!

Started by DJ Reign, September 24, 2008, 02:26:52 PM

What genre of music would you like to hear besides trance in '09?

Rap/Hip-Hop/RnB
Drum'n'Bass
House/Electro
80's/90's
Happy Hardcore/Speedcore
Other

abcbadcat

DJ Jinrei: Yeah, I totally understand that now and fully respect that.

The rave also got me into really liking electro.

oh and if any of you guys have a link to that Sailor Moon mix, I'd gladly take that off your hands :D

I dunno if anyone saw but around the last two hours, I was right in the front of the floor with blue/blue nunchucks. I was the first one at the stage when they announced free CDs around 2 or 3am.

blueskad00

Oh poop! I totally forgot other things I wanted to talk about! Haha!

DJ Reign and Stormy's tag team at the end of the night? Nearly blew my mind apart into tiny little pieces. SOOO amazing! SOOO AMAZING! I'm glad to have witnessed and been privy to something that INCREDIBLE! Aaahhhhh!!!

I loved the strobes, Jinrei. Keep the storm goin'!

abcbadcat

YES YES YES!!! I couldn't get enough of the strobes.

Especially during the intro to some of those trance songs... the experience is amazing.

Weltall

I will take some blame in strobe over-kill!  I was controlling them for Jinrei during the Storm on Sunday!

Great weekend of dance, thanks to everyone who showed up.  Hope to see you next year.

Signed,

The dude in the white hoodie eating and controlling the lights on stage.

DJ Jinrei

one of our guys from random DJs couldn't make it because he was doing a Eastern con the same time Fanime was going on.  DJ.Amaya originally mixed the Sailor Moon track and I played it for his fans and the millions-AND THE MILLIONS of the Sailor Scouts (and underage girls that asked us to play something like it).

Sailor Moon Theme (S.A.F.Club Mix) - DJ.Amaya [RANDOM DJs]
http://m.podshow.com/media/16269/episodes/156604/j-villain-radio-156604-05-26-2009.mp3

myspace.com/djjinrei

Nanashi

The dance was great. I only went on sunday, and the music was awesome (so was the view *COUGH* ;D). I was the dude with the green glowstick glasses.

The only problem was, there weren't enough people on the dance floor.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

abcbadcat

Quote from: Nanashi on May 26, 2009, 11:57:09 PM
The dance was great. I only went on sunday, and the music was awesome (so was the view *COUGH* ;D). I was the dude with the green glowstick glasses.

OHHHH, I totally saw you.

I also got a small tutorial by a poi raver.

Did anyone else see the guy on Sunday with the blacklight-activated crabs in his pocket?

DJ Jinrei: Thanks a lot for the mix. :D

EDIT: Your link didn't work Jinrei, you need to drop the "ftp://"

http://209.197.7.114/f4h2x5q4/cds/media/16269/episodes/156604/j-villain-radio-156604-05-26-2009_pshow_301165.mp3?dopvhost=media.podshow.com&doppl=11ef8c875bf364685ba364381eb3e16bcf76e617&dopsig=3d3351d3e57b3a701d53bfcbd1ed89c8

DJ Jinrei

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 27, 2009, 12:06:16 AM
Quote from: Nanashi on May 26, 2009, 11:57:09 PM

OHHHH, I totally saw you.

I also got a small tutorial by a poi raver.

Did anyone else see the guy on Sunday with the blacklight-activated crabs in his pocket?

DJ Jinrei: Thanks a lot for the mix. :D

EDIT: Your link didn't work Jinrei, you need to drop the "ftp://"

http://209.197.7.114/f4h2x5q4/cds/media/16269/episodes/156604/j-villain-radio-156604-05-26-2009_pshow_301165.mp3?dopvhost=media.podshow.com&doppl=11ef8c875bf364685ba364381eb3e16bcf76e617&dopsig=3d3351d3e57b3a701d53bfcbd1ed89c8

Thanks man, link has been fix but so you get a direct DL  -RIGHT CLICK on the link now and hit SAVE LINK AS.. or for others might show up as SAVE TARGET/TARGET LINK AS...

myspace.com/djjinrei

abcbadcat

Haha no prob.

I know they are garbage but I was thinking of getting one of those MP3 USB DJ controllers and a program and messing with mixing this summer.

Those controllers only cost $100 and it is a decent entry amount and if I do end up liking it then I will probably invest in some actual wax setup.

The $100 controller, free time, and a love for electronic music should be enough to see if I really want to commit or not.

DJ Jinrei

don't have to be committed to enjoy playing good music heh.

myspace.com/djjinrei

abcbadcat

Quote from: DJ Jinrei on May 27, 2009, 02:38:48 AM

Of course but if I want to get good at it and have good mixes

DJ Reign

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 27, 2009, 03:02:09 AM

You know, I think this would make a good panel for next year.  What do you guys think?  A DJ workshop panel for '10?

abcbadcat

Quote from: DJ Reign on May 27, 2009, 01:50:34 PM

You know, I think this would make a good panel for next year.  What do you guys think?  A DJ workshop panel for '10?

100% YES!

Also a poi (glowstringing) panel would be nice too.

Giudecca

Quote from: DJ Reign on May 27, 2009, 01:50:34 PM

The ONLY gear in that workshop (sans mixer/sound system) should be 1200's and a stack of vinyl. Real talk.

Hallow

Ok question who remembers the Saturday night dance when started the chants and even got the girl in the wheel chair into that huge mob? Because my friends and I startedthat and the look on our faces when it caught on was priceless haha.
Never Knows Best<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Sigs By me

KillingYouGuy

Quote from: Hallow on May 27, 2009, 06:03:35 PM
Ok question who remembers the Saturday night dance when started the chants and even got the girl in the wheel chair into that huge mob? Because my friends and I startedthat and the look on our faces when it caught on was priceless haha.

I remember that! I gave her my cane to, and she waved that around!

I want some more pictures from the dance. Particularly one of me. Or many of me.
I am great! :D

DJ Jinrei

it be nice to have a workshop for electronica Dance style.  something basic and short that people can add on to themselves when the real thing ges down.  Also get some of that ParaPara magic in there too, btw there were these 3 girls Sunday or Saturday night up front doing some ot that an it was crazy!  I'd do a work shop for that for sure so I can keep up with the ladies.

myspace.com/djjinrei

KillingYouGuy

Quote from: DJ Jinrei on May 27, 2009, 07:23:35 PM
it be nice to have a workshop for electronica Dance style.  something basic and short that people can add on to themselves when the real thing ges down.  Also get some of that ParaPara magic in there too, btw there were these 3 girls Sunday or Saturday night up front doing some ot that an it was crazy!  I'd do a work shop for that for sure so I can keep up with the ladies.

I would 100% attend that, straight up. I propose we get the ball rolling on this idea.
I am great! :D

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: KillingYouGuy on May 27, 2009, 10:10:07 PM
Quote from: DJ Jinrei on May 27, 2009, 07:23:35 PM

I would 100% attend that, straight up. I propose we get the ball rolling on this idea.

If you want another Eurobeat set, you know who to ask! :D
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

rylos

Dance was awesome. Except can we have some blacklights next year? I got some goggles glows in blacklight and I was hella dissappointed by the fact that were none. I was the foxboy with the blue spiked goggles, the trenchcoat in covered in green duct-tape and the safety-pierced fox hat.

Oh, and I saw the wheelchair girl on saturday's dance.