The OFFICIAL Dance Thread + Poll!

Started by DJ Reign, September 24, 2008, 02:26:52 PM

What genre of music would you like to hear besides trance in '09?

Rap/Hip-Hop/RnB
Drum'n'Bass
House/Electro
80's/90's
Happy Hardcore/Speedcore
Other

KillingYouGuy

What I wanna see next year is some freaking chiptune. Please and thank you
I am great! :D

DJ Jinrei

Quote from: KillingYouGuy on May 28, 2009, 09:33:00 PM
What I wanna see next year is some freaking chiptune. Please and thank you
I wanna see Foam Party...........ceeeeyaah!
And whoever request a blacklight...........................................hmmmmmmmmmmmmm  ..........I promise you it will be done in 2010. *nods*
Keep the suggestion rolling.. and just to stop you Welt before you open your mouth, no wet t-shirt contest lol.  If I can't get a Driv-Thru KFC in San Jose that is 24hrs, you aien't getting no Wet T-Shirt contest buddy.

GREAT IDEAS:
-Dance class for ParaPara madness (an possibly other Electronic music styles).
-Blacklight Dance Party

myspace.com/djjinrei

PrincessCake

I was doing para para during the eurobeat music!!!
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

deonchan

So I didn't get a real chance to check out the two dances (upstairs and downstairs) anyone care to compare and contrast the two?
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

DJ Jinrei

Quote from: PrincessCake on May 29, 2009, 08:20:02 AM
HIGH FIVE*!
Quote from: deonchan on May 29, 2009, 10:25:03 AM
So I didn't get a real chance to check out the two dances (upstairs and downstairs) anyone care to compare and contrast the two?
Wow you missed a lot heh.  One was Hip-Hop(downstairs) and the other wassssssssssssssss hmmmm.. Everything else(upstairs)*shrugs*
I was all over the place in my set in the main room, some did Euro and Break etc etc.  So yeah, sorry- but you missed a lot.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=58078787

myspace.com/djjinrei

jinnai_animexcalibur

Saw you. I remember the forum peoples quite well :3
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

ruby19_4

Quote from: DJ Jinrei on May 29, 2009, 04:25:54 PM
HIGH FIVE*!
Quote from: deonchan on May 29, 2009, 10:25:03 AM
Wow you missed a lot heh.  One was Hip-Hop(downstairs) and the other wassssssssssssssss hmmmm.. Everything else(upstairs)*shrugs*
I was all over the place in my set in the main room, some did Euro and Break etc etc.  So yeah, sorry- but you missed a lot.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=58078787

Was that the one 18+ or 21+ and on which day. On the first day, Thursday, I went to check the 21+ it was so dead. Nobody was there.

jinnai_animexcalibur

I have guest DJ'ed at Fanime Con 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, and Fanime Con 2009.

Thank you Fanime for all the memories and the opportunities to DJ, Catching my dream of working with Kristine Sa and Nemesis Records, and to meet my mentor, DJ M.O.D. It's time for me to move on to new projects and new musical journeys.

Lord Katsuhiko Jinnai has left the building. Goodbye all.
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

JennyTran89

Quick question for this noob
<-----------

At the dance will people just dance around you like the clubs or they will just stand around like in Junior High?
Since this will be my first time at Fanime

Dj Stormy Rayner

Quote from: JennyTran89 on April 05, 2010, 12:23:26 AM
Quick question for this noob
<-----------

At the dance will people just dance around you like the clubs or they will just stand around like in Junior High?
Since this will be my first time at Fanime

It gets pretty Insane. depending on the time and who is playing, think around a few 100 people going off =p its legit, nothing like high school =) BTW, this is last years thread..

TC X0 Lt 0X

Don't forget about the random worms that will spawn spontaneously. Some grow to be 15+ people long.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TheLorax

Where and when is Dance? And will there be blacklights? Just so I know if I should wear UV Makeup or not. Thanks!

The Dude

Sorry no blacklights this year, we have put it on a list of things to get so look for it in the future.
Stage Zero, Manager & Director
Fanime Music Vid Director
Any Questions or Comments send to [email protected]

Zero_Kirby

radiance

Anyone know how I can get a opportunity to Spin tracks for this years Fanime dance?
Preferably the EDM room.

Last years dance was awesome and It'd be an honor to spin for you guys. :D

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ichigocorcor

Last year there was an 18+ dance and i'm not sure if the forum's broached this topic or not (i haven't seen anything and i can't read all the threads ><) of whether there will be one this year or not.

i liked it, even though i realize there weren't that many people at the dance (maybe like 20) i kinda liked that it was smaller and more exclusive.
Third-Year Fanime Panelist~
Team Lift XMA&Pokemon Cafe
Cosplay Plans

abcbadcat

Quote from: ichigocorcor on May 04, 2010, 11:08:16 AM
Last year there was an 18+ dance and i'm not sure if the forum's broached this topic or not (i haven't seen anything and i can't read all the threads ><) of whether there will be one this year or not.

i liked it, even though i realize there weren't that many people at the dance (maybe like 20) i kinda liked that it was smaller and more exclusive.

I stopped in and saw like 6 people in there, it was pretty meh especially when the big party was poppin' upstairs

ichigocorcor

yeah but what annoys me the most about the big dances are the constant dance battles that pop out of nowhere, it's like dude. just go dance.

i liked how small and intimate the little 18+ dance was.
plus it kept a lot of the creepers out
the bouncer was AMAZING.
Third-Year Fanime Panelist~
Team Lift XMA&Pokemon Cafe
Cosplay Plans

abcbadcat

I get ya on how that would be nice but I have a GF and am usually at the big rave with a few groups of friends