What's your 2009 con plan shaping up to be?

Started by Gatsby, September 24, 2008, 06:00:25 PM

Gatsby

Well this year was an amazing blast, and I've already started planning for next year. XD I ended up having a concierge level room at the Mariott and enjoyed it quite well, but it just wasn't big enough for 6 or 7 people. Haha... I intended for having only one room mate, but people I met at the con ended up crashing with me. :P

So anyway... next year I've made plans with two of my close friends who went this year to plan a gathering of our friends and have about 8-10 people come. We're planning on chipping in for a VIP room at the Mariott if possible (still need to look into those further) or whatever will easily accommodate us in luxury. We're thinking of having everyone chip in 200 or so dollars. So yes at this point these are my plans.

SOawesomeness

My plan: Being on staff again.

Reg staffing, rooming with my friends who are all staffers, going to the BWBall, cosplaying in my traditional dress that I'll get... eventually... and hanging around. Oh, and the traditional pulling an all nighter on the last night thing. (:

It's really quiet on that day. Everyone is burnt out from not sleeping at all for the other nights. (:<
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

otakuapprentice

considering doing vol. work or Rovers, seeing as how i was bored for the majority of the con last year(i couldn't find anyone to hang with)
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Gatsby

SOawesomeness

Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Gatsby

Oh yeah! I just realized, next year will be my first time I'm legally able to go into the hentai room! w00t w00t!

Dominium

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on September 30, 2008, 03:07:06 PM
Oh yeah! I just realized, next year will be my first time I'm legally able to go into the hentai room! w00t w00t!

Don't I know it, brotha!
I'm finally legal myself.

I don't know who I'll be bunking with, so I'm a little bleh about that.
Nobody seems to have their minds made.
I try and make plans about food (CANDY IS NOT FOOD), but I think all they hear is 'blah blah blah'.
My con plan is turning into poo.
abnormally attracted to sin.

Gatsby

Quote from: Dominium on September 30, 2008, 09:17:45 PM

Don't I know it, brotha!

I try and make plans about food (CANDY IS NOT FOOD), but I think all they hear is 'blah blah blah'.

Dude my con plans were so sketchy this year. >_< I'm not even joking. I had roommates one minute then none the next. My best friend ended up staying with me instead of with her roommates. It was random madness. I suggest bringing peanutbutter and jelly (and bread) oh and a box of cereal. It helps with some of the food expenses. ANd you can always make ramen in the coffee maker. I have proof of this.

Dominium

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on September 30, 2008, 11:00:32 PM
Quote from: Dominium on September 30, 2008, 09:17:45 PM

Don't I know it, brotha!

Dude my con plans were so sketchy this year. >_< I'm not even joking. I had roommates one minute then none the next. My best friend ended up staying with me instead of with her roommates. It was random madness. I suggest bringing peanutbutter and jelly (and bread) oh and a box of cereal. It helps with some of the food expenses. ANd you can always make ramen in the coffee maker. I have proof of this.

Oh, yes! Of course.
But they have a tendency to... not really share the refrigerator.
That's why I'm hoping to have enough money to get my own room.
Or bunk with people nice enough to, uh, share. :/
abnormally attracted to sin.

Gatsby

Since I was paying for the room, I was in charge of what went where. XD Oh and if you can afford to shell out some extra cash to get a concierge level room so you can get food at the concierge lounge.

Steve.Young

1) Working Staff again. In fact I think I have more work this coming year than my previous years.
2) I am also going to be working that weekend for my Marketing Association helping out the graduation class of SJSU.
3) I plan to sleep more. 2 hours a night is not enough if I am to do the work of this coming year at con.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Mister_E

Same as last year.

Buy stuff, do a skit, hit up some Gatherings and take photos see some videos.

New stuff

Go to the Forum Panel, get to the Maid Cafe sooner and whatever else happens.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

heeroyuy135

My goals for next year:
- Obtain a press badge for 2009
- Provide video coverage
- Attend more panels to expand on coverage
- More pictures, hopefully with a better camera
- Break out a new cosplay

FanFicGuru

Hopefully:
-Covering Fanime for Anime News Network again, because that was fun.
-Remembering to bring my laptop with me so that I don't have to write down notes from all the panels.
-Getting two rooms like last year: One for me and a friend, another for my younger sisters to go and have fun.
-Attend the AMV contest and have TONS OF FUN.
-Actually have the money I plan on bringing this year.
-Umm...playing way too much Dance ManiaX.

More to come, lol.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

ewu

- Plan a con
- Don't sleep
- Run con
- Still don't sleep
- Enjoy con
- Realizes con is already over :(
- Cry

Another successful year!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Mango Bunny

Hang around with cool people.
Get an Ouran goody of some sort
Try to find Bride of Deimos volumes 1+2
Eat less
Reserve a room earrrllllyyyy
Take pictures
Wear my panda ensemble! Panda shirt! Panda bag! PANDA MADNESS.

JohnnyAR

By the time its 09 it'll be one more year for me!

*Raised fist salute*

Almost there!

FanFicGuru

Quote from: JohnnyAR on October 07, 2008, 09:59:26 PM

By the time its 09 it'll be one more year for me!

*Raised fist salute*

Almost there!

Kekeke, I'll be about 6 years overdue when Fanime 09 comes around.

Only one more year and you'll be able to join the rest of us in mocking horribly made hentai! HUZZAH!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Rei-Rei

This year, hopefully I'll get to meet a lot more people than I did last year.
Attend more panels.
Go to at least two gatherings.
Volunteer or perhaps join staff... Maybe at Maid Cafe.
Have a good time.