Attention: RENT-heads and/or Final Fantasy X cosplayers!

Started by Sharysa, September 24, 2008, 07:43:16 PM

Sharysa

I'm going to need FFX Yuna's guardians--anyone can chime in, but I don't recommend a Kimahri cosplayer because the skit involves lots of dancing.

Around May, I had an idea for a skit to RENT's La Vie Boheme B, and a lot of people said it sounded like a good break from the usual parody/humor skits. There's a good chance that the audience will like my skit as is, even if they don't know RENT or FFX.

-
It starts out with everyone sitting like in the beginning of the game, when they're at the edge of Zanarkand. Yuna and Tidus sing about thirty seconds of Roger and Mimi's "I Should Tell You," where it's revealed that Yuna's going to die if she summons the Final Aeon (and they love each other). I'm only using thirty seconds of that because we have a time limit, and I don't want to bore the audience to death.

After Tidus and Yuna finish, everyone else comes up and we all dance on the table and sing "La Vie Boheme B" to get our spirits up for the epic battle against Sin. XD If we can't use a table, we just dance onstage.

The skit is currently about two minutes, and I'm trying to get it a little shorter to allow for applause time.

-
Requirements besides being an FFX cosplayer/RENT-head:
-Basic singing experience. La Vie Boheme B isn't classic opera, but you need a sense of rhythm and good pronunciation.

-A costume that you can move and dance in. It's REALLY important for everyone to start dancing at the drop of a hat, which is why I'm willing to forgo accuracy for comfort (and safety if we're allowed to get ).

-Tidus needs slightly more singing abilities, since he's going to sing a short duet with Yuna (me).

-Someone needs a CD burner so we can record the audio--I'm rewriting the lyrics to "I Should Tell You" and "La Vie Boheme B."

-You need to live in the San Francisco Bay Area (Oakland or Alameda preferred). We CAN practice individually and smooth things out before the masquerade rehearsal, but I would rather we be able to rehearse together as well.

If anyone wants what I've written of the skit so far, just PM me and I'll type it up.
Cosplays:

Summoner Yuna (Final Fantasy 10)