memories.

Started by Dominium, September 25, 2008, 03:21:22 PM

Dominium

We're talking happy memories.
Memories that you reflect on with a smile.
Memories that make you laugh. Memories that make you tear up.
Memories that are unforgettable.

Perhaps it was just at Fanime last year.
Maybe it was when you confessed to your crush you liked them, and they shared the same feelings.
Could it be when a friend did something dumb, and you both laughed until your sides hurt?
Or maybe it was the memories of a lost loved one, and the times you spent with them are untouchable.

Something timeless. Something you can't imagine yourself being without.

- My fondest and most favorite memories are of my late Grandma Anna. I was too young and dumb to truly appreciate her, but when I reflect on everything she did for me as a child, she's my hero. I remember the simple things; like sitting on her lap while she cut our nails since we were only kids and weren't gonna do it ourselves. She'd use these scissor-like cutting things and told me, "Don't worry. I'm not going to cut you." but I kept whimpering and saying she was going to hurt me.

Christmas is a time of year I remember most. She'd make these badass cookies that were to die for, but we wouldn't be allowed to have any until after dinner. I remember the brightly lit Christmas tree next to the large clock that went off every hour, and a wooden piano across from that. We were always so desperate to open our presents, but she'd tell us, "When we eat, we eat. When we play, we play."

I have too many memories to list, but even the simple thought and typing this now, I'm already tearing up.
And despite having to lose her as early as I did and to such a cruel disease as cancer, I appreciate and adore her legacy. There's no room for sorrow. Only healing and happy memories.

<3
abnormally attracted to sin.

XpHoBiaX

Sitting on Grampas' lap when he came home from work. Or eating lunch with him when he was done working.

Cooking with gramma, and learning Italian cooking secrets! Gnoccies were what I learned first. You don't think about these things as a little kid. You're just cooking with Gramma and Grampa. They were more of a parent to me, and they have helped me through everything. I live with them now, and they always had a place for me to go when I bombed out on living on my own.

They support me, even though they are very old school and disagree on alot of things. That is special to me.
Gramma teaching me to 'be a lady', even though she is old school...she's a wild child like me.

I remember when Grampa used to go ocean fishing and filling up the huge sink with red snapper, and other weird looking fish. I'd watch him filet, and when I was old enough, I would help him. Calamari was always fun to make. Everytime I see squid I remember that time Grampa warned me about the ink staining and I had to be careful. I still got ink all over.

There are a lot of memories I am fond of. Learning to drive boats, how to fish, set a line, the first time I learned to drive.

My grandparents are my parents.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Kazuko

The fondest memory i have are the ones I spent with my grandparents in Peru when I was a little girl, I would always go shopping with grandma at the outdoor market, going in a tiny taxi to visit my other relatives. Eating fruit that was exotic, going to cajamarca and enjoying the old charm of the city and visiting los banos del inca.

Also when I was little with my family, at my old home in Redwood city with the huge backyard and having imaginary adventures with my sister, When my dad was healthy and didnt need a lung transplant. When my brother was home alot to talk to us
oh memories~

SOawesomeness

This thread is kinda depressing.

WHAT I REMEMBER from my childhood is a LOT of food-related memories... like... I remember I was at my family friend's house playing video games when I was like, in elemen. school and we went to go eat lunch and he made me half a ramen thing. I was still hungry (I was a fat little pig back then) and so I took one of the games he had and said "I'm not giving this back unless you give me more food" and he was like "but I already gave you food." I realized I was being a pig and gave him back his food. >.<

I still vividly remember the day I had a dream about the Chuck-E-Cheese (whatsitcalled) plastic tunnel thingies where a monster was chasing me and my friend... this was like, back in Kindergarden...

Strangely enough, a lot of my memories are in 3rd person. >.>
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

XpHoBiaX

I remember when I was blissfully unaware and had Mc donalds every sunday. XD I
God I miss barbie dolls and hot wheels....and making race tunnels out of toilet paper rolls becuase race tracks where expensive.

And the smell of brand new Crayola crayons...
And the smelly markers that got me hooked on sniffing everything...
Playing in the playground, pretending it was a fortress and playing Hot Lava Monster!
Fun times. ^_^

2010 cosplay...?

Dominium

A happy memory that I don't think I'll ever forget happened only a few days ago!

I was walking through the thrift store, looking for parts for a costume for Halloween, when I saw it -- a glowing light had appeared just overhead a straw hat with pink frills on it, and my mind immediately squealed, "I MUST HAVE IT."

I had nothing but compliments (they seemed genuine, what do I know?) about the hat as I waltzed out proudly in it, my dad laughing and saying, "We should go to Lake Elizabeth Sunday. It looks like a Sunday-out kinda hat."
abnormally attracted to sin.

Barnes

FanimeCon 98 and 2003. My favorite years.
Thats all I need to say, I think.  ;)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Yuu

All I can think right at the moment, is my fondest con-memory.

It was Sakuracon last year.
I had signed up to be in the cosplay chess game, but the Sunday right the con I got a kidney transplant so I tolld everyone I wouldn't be there and to replace me.

The guy in charge said that he wouldn't replace me because he had a feeling I would still be there.

I was.

The greatest was the perfectly-timed dramatic entrance.

Just as I walked in I heard " Hey! Wheres our Renji?"
I swear to god, I was standing right in front of the door with the light shining  behind me into the room dark room yelled back " Right here yo!"

Everyone jumped off the stage and ran over to greet me with hugs, high fives and "OMG you made it you crazy bitch" ect

I must say, I felt like number 1 XP
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Gatsby

I remember when I was little, well not THAT little, but maybe 9 to ther age of 11? I'd sneak off to a skate park with my friends every Friday night and stay out until midnight. Goth I miss those times. I saw my first pair of boobs when two girls flashed me from a bathroom window. The funny thing was the skate park was hosted at a Christian school. Lol.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on October 07, 2008, 04:46:23 PM
I remember when I was little, well not THAT little, but maybe 9 to ther age of 11? I'd sneak off to a skate park with my friends every Friday night and stay out until midnight. Goth I miss those times. I saw my first pair of boobs when two girls flashed me from a bathroom window. The funny thing was the skate park was hosted at a Christian school. Lol.

Lol, awesome.

I remember a time when I looked on Jessica's law website and found out that a lot of pedos were living right next to each other, it was hilarious! They were all cramped in there.

Gatsby

I used to live next door to a prostitute when I still lived in El Sobrante. She was the kinda of hooker you'd question how diseased she is. >_<

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on October 07, 2008, 09:18:16 PM
I used to live next door to a prostitute when I still lived in El Sobrante. She was the kinda of hooker you'd question how diseased she is. >_<

So this is a good memory....?

2010 cosplay...?

Gatsby

No not really, just a memory I had when Johnny said he noticed a commune of pedos so I thought I'd post it.

JohnnyAR

I wonder if they know that they're all pedos living next door to each other...

Gatsby

Could be the making of a great reality show.

Runewitt

Leila (Talu-chan) and I got to finally meet in person for fanime this year. we've known eachother online in a mass of friends for about two years, but didnt really hit it off until this feb, when she decided to come out to san jose for Fanime. I met her at the airport with a rose.. well actually i was talking on the phone with her to find out where she was, and walked up behind her and poked her with it.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

JohnnyAR

Before Hellsing ended

Gatsby

Quote from: Runewitt on October 09, 2008, 07:03:14 PM
Leila (Talu-chan) and I got to finally meet in person for fanime this year. we've known eachother online in a mass of friends for about two years, but didnt really hit it off until this feb, when she decided to come out to san jose for Fanime. I met her at the airport with a rose.. well actually i was talking on the phone with her to find out where she was, and walked up behind her and poked her with it.

=3 Awwww.... that's sweet. That's what happened with my girlfriend and I. We've known each other for almost 3 years, but it wasn't until June this year that we started dating which prompted me to go to Washington for her. Once I got off the train, I was talking to her on the phoe trying to find her. A WONDERFUL memory.

JohnnyAR

How long must it be before I could experience such wonderful things? I ask thee time

Gatsby

Quote from: JohnnyAR on October 09, 2008, 07:15:03 PM
How long must it be before I could experience such wonderful things? I ask thee time

It will happen in time I'm sure.