Goodbye Toonami

Started by shy-cosplayer, September 26, 2008, 09:02:44 PM

shy-cosplayer

Well, there goes my childhood memories..... Geez I've watched toonami since it's started! I will miss you oh, Great Root of Anime in the US!.....  :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCAX4cgszCU

mDuo13

I think KTEH was a greater root of anime in the US, but Toonami was a big deal. It has carried Cartoon Network a long ways from where it started.

JohnnyAR

How can they do this? Heracy! Rebel Tom! Rebel!

Gatsby

In my opinion it's a long over due thing. Toonami was good for the first 3 or 4 years then it started going down hill.

Kazuko

It was to keep an action packed block plus ratings, I remember waaay back when cause it was originally the space ghost monster that lived in the cave. Then they upgraded to tom and so on and so on.

But since CN kinda went downhill with what the lack of ratings after Ben 10 and the station nearly being pulled off the air. But Chowder was the show that saved CN lolz

But now with adult swim hosting alot of anime such as code geass and what not, I suppose its time for Toonami to go away also the fried dynamite section being popular there is no place for it

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Kazuko on September 27, 2008, 12:38:24 PM
It was to keep an action packed block plus ratings, I remember waaay back when cause it was originally the space ghost monster that lived in the cave. Then they upgraded to tom and so on and so on.

But since CN kinda went downhill with what the lack of ratings after Ben 10 and the station nearly being pulled off the air. But Chowder was the show that saved CN lolz

But now with adult swim hosting alot of anime such as code geass and what not, I suppose its time for Toonami to go away also the fried dynamite section being popular there is no place for it

Yeah... I guess CN just put Toonami out of its misery. But what will happen to Naruto? My little brother loves watching it, he doesn't even care about the fillers.

Gatsby

I doubt they get rid of a popular show such as Naruto.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JohnnyAR on September 27, 2008, 12:54:39 PMYeah... I guess CN just put Toonami out of its misery. But what will happen to Naruto? My little brother loves watching it, he doesn't even care about the fillers.

To be honest, me neither.
I don't believe in the "Filler = pointless to watch" attitude some people have.
I enjoy fillers.

But none the less, I will miss Toonami.
But what are they placing in that time block now?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

shy-cosplayer

well, TV Guide said the normal Toonami showings, but tonight they showed Spider Man, I think. Perhaps CN going to start showing movies now.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: shy-cosplayer on September 27, 2008, 09:56:27 PM
well, TV Guide said the normal Toonami showings, but tonight they showed Spider Man, I think. Perhaps CN going to start showing movies now.
Yes, it was Spider-Man

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Spalding

it break my heart  the Toonami is gone.  :'(

but good childhood memory and goodbye Toonami.
Is all about anime and fanime.

Shinsengumi

I missed KTEH more than I do with Toonami, I liked Toonami back in 1998-2003, it was dying down in 2004 and it was going down since. It is sad that its go.

Bye Toonami 1997-2008
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Mister_E

Toonami was what started me down this path of Anime, Gundam Wing , DBZ, Outlaw Star, ect. 11 years of watching anime and still going strong.

Toonami was fun then like people said it started to go downhill but I still watched just for the fun here and there not as often though. Then [Adult Swim] and along with that Cowboy Bebop and all the others to follow, then when CN gave Tom a FACE to Hell with this I said.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Devereaux

What is Toonami? an anime channel?
I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

Stormfalcon

Quote from: Devereaux on October 09, 2008, 02:23:32 AM
What is Toonami? an anime channel?

It was a block of anime programming on Cartoon Network.  Used to be Monday through Friday afternoons, flirted briefly with a late night version (featuring a less-censored version of Gundam Wing) before Adult Swim came around, and then eventually got shoved over to a Saturday night slot until it recently got put out to pasture.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

maeiounj39

It had memories for me. I liked Dragon Ball the most on there.  My friend was obsessed with naruto and I watch naruto on Toonami. I also watch One Piece on there, and I got my brother started to watch it.

Shinsengumi

It did got me watching DBZ again since I use to watch in spanish channels, Plus the Ronin Warriors again since I watched when it aired on FOX but it did got me to watch Outlaw Star, and Gundam Wing, All the other I saw them before they put it on Cartoon Network.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

sklpnda

D: toonami was what started me with anime.. sad that its gone even tho i stoped watching like 2 years ago
I'd Tip My Hat To You, If I Weren't Currently Bare Headed