Artist Alley tables are all gone?

Started by mprojekt, September 29, 2008, 01:51:47 AM

mprojekt

I heard a very disturbing rumor today that all the artist tables for Fanime 2009 are spoken for.

If this is true, Fanime Staff, please do the right thing and post an official notification ASAP.

Artists who are new to Fanime NEED to know if this is true or not and they need to know now. Please do not be cagey and irresponsible about this.

"Live with a man forty years. Share his house, his meals, speak on every subject, then tie him up, and hold him over the volcano's edge, and on that day, you will finally meet the man."

Steve.Young

If I worked for artist alley, I wouldn't respond to the tone of your post.
Attacking people by saying "If you don't give me the damn information, your irresponsible and cagey" is not a good way to solicit a response.

Secondly, you did not bother to put this in the right forum.
Under Live Programming and Events
"Karaoke, Dance, Art Show, Stage Zero, Console Gaming, Artist Alley, and everything else that happens at con"

Thirdly, I'm sure if you PM'd a moderator of the Live Programming and Events forum, they could either tell you, "Yes, it's full, we are planning an announcement", "No, here is how to register", or "I don't know" and direct you to someone who may know the information.

rena at fanime.com <---- She would be a good person to contact. She's works for Live Programming and can forward you if she doesn't have the information you need.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

mprojekt

First: If there is money involved, failing to keep potential or actual customers and clients notified of issues would be pretty irresponsible and cagey, IMO. If I worked for Artist Alley, I'd be falling over myself to make sure that this sort of information gets distributed with a quickness and as widely as possible.

Since it appears neither of us work for Artist Alley, we're actually just guessing how they view their responsibilities. Even if you have friends and coworkers working Artist Alley, I'd still say you were guessing.

If I am an artist registering a full weekend pass because I want a table, I would be pretty ticked off to find out there were no more tables left -after- the fact.

Second: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Third: I'm not sure I agree that a PM is the best method. I'll be sure to post the question openly, in the correct category.

Quote from: Steve.Young on September 29, 2008, 10:59:54 AM
If I worked for artist alley, I wouldn't respond to the tone of your post.
Attacking people by saying "If you don't give me the damn information, your irresponsible and cagey" is not a good way to solicit a response.

Secondly, you did not bother to put this in the right forum.
Under Live Programming and Events
"Karaoke, Dance, Art Show, Stage Zero, Console Gaming, Artist Alley, and everything else that happens at con"

Thirdly, I'm sure if you PM'd a moderator of the Live Programming and Events forum, they could either tell you, "Yes, it's full, we are planning an announcement", "No, here is how to register", or "I don't know" and direct you to someone who may know the information.

rena at fanime.com <---- She would be a good person to contact. She's works for Live Programming and can forward you if she doesn't have the information you need.
"Live with a man forty years. Share his house, his meals, speak on every subject, then tie him up, and hold him over the volcano's edge, and on that day, you will finally meet the man."

sysadmin

Quote from: mprojekt on September 29, 2008, 01:51:47 AM
I heard a very disturbing rumor today that all the artist tables for Fanime 2009 are spoken for.

Every rumor you have ever heard about anything anywhere is false.

mprojekt

Quote from: sysadmin on September 29, 2008, 01:50:50 PM

Is this an official statement?

:)

sysadmin

It's a very reasonable guideline.

When official news regarding AA registration is ready to be made, it will be announced on the main site.
That's the best site for all official FanimeCon news.

Thanks.

(edit: for clarity)

otakuapprentice

Quote from: mprojekt on September 29, 2008, 02:06:45 PM
Quote from: sysadmin on September 29, 2008, 01:50:50 PM

Is this an official statement?

:)
does it actually sound like one to you?

if it does, then yes it is and try again in 2010.

if not, please wait for an announcement from a moderator/admin on this topic, or from those within Staff that actually manage Artist Alley.

EDIT: next years' con is like 8 months or so away; for this to happen that quickly is highly impossible.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

ewu

Quote from: Steve.Young on September 29, 2008, 10:59:54 AM

The artist alley staff or I would be the best to contact. Unfortunately, we can't give you an answer as of yet. We will be meeting in the next few weeks, once my personal obligation clears up and I may address this matter with the AA staff.

Stay tuned!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom