Clean Up

Started by XpHoBiaX, September 30, 2008, 07:50:31 PM

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: rude32 on October 04, 2008, 06:28:31 PM
ooooo, look like someone has a twin. And it also looks like someone else had their sig jacked.

;D I was like "wtf? Why did I post...ohwait...lol"

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

rude32

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on October 04, 2008, 06:37:52 PM
ooooo, look like someone has a twin. And it also looks like someone else had their sig jacked.

It fooled me too. I thought you were having a conversation with yourself. For a second I was second guessing the forums choice for a new mod.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: rude32 on October 04, 2008, 06:45:48 PM
Quote from: XpHoBiaX on October 04, 2008, 06:37:52 PM

It fooled me too. I thought you were having a conversation with yourself. For a second I was second guessing the forums choice for a new mod.

I did too.
Although, I can turn this into a serious matter.

Like, I can say I am a professional artist and unless Devereaux pays to use my images, he/she will need to immediately remove the icon.  Even though I am an apprentice, it is possible that I can say that too.

;D

2010 cosplay...?

sysadmin

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on October 03, 2008, 07:46:35 PM
It's not that hard to do it. Sheesh. It's a very simple concept. That and we're asking YOU, the entire populace of this forum, to give us posts and links that you think should be saved. I have only seen 1 or 2 people actually DO that.

We've been through this before.

To all, we are going through with regular forum cleanup.  Part of this is manual review.
As repeated over and over and over and over again, you have the option to nominate important threads.

For some reason, I don't see many people doing this.  I would ask why, but I really am not interested.

I thank everyone for their comments on the cleanup process.  I understand that not everyone agrees.  That's fine.  I acknowledge this too.  But we'll going to continue the cleanup process.  Further discussion is unlikely to change this.

Thanks,
sysadmin

p.s. If you have some burning need to save everything, find some mirroring software, save a copy of the forums on your local hard drive, and stop complaining about it in this thread.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: sysadmin on October 04, 2008, 09:14:20 PM
Quote from: XpHoBiaX on October 03, 2008, 07:46:35 PM
It's not that hard to do it. Sheesh. It's a very simple concept. That and we're asking YOU, the entire populace of this forum, to give us posts and links that you think should be saved. I have only seen 1 or 2 people actually DO that.

We've been through this before.

To all, we are going through with regular forum cleanup.  Part of this is manual review.
As repeated over and over and over and over again, you have the option to nominate important threads.

For some reason, I don't see many people doing this.  I would ask why, but I really am not interested.

I thank everyone for their comments on the cleanup process.  I understand that not everyone agrees.  That's fine.  I acknowledge this too.  But we'll going to continue the cleanup process.  Further discussion is unlikely to change this.

Thanks,
sysadmin

p.s. If you have some burning need to save everything, find some mirroring software, save a copy of the forums on your local hard drive, and stop complaining about it in this thread.

very well put. *applauds*
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Devereaux

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on October 04, 2008, 07:06:05 PM
I did too.

Like, I can say I am a professional artist and unless Devereaux pays to use my images, he/she will need to immediately remove the icon.  Even though I am an apprentice, it is possible that I can say that too.

;D

Who does that?
I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: Devereaux on October 05, 2008, 04:34:56 AM
Quote from: XpHoBiaX on October 04, 2008, 07:06:05 PM
I did too.

;D

Who does that?

Anal retentive tattoo artists. It's sacrilige and blasphemy to steal and use someone elses' work without contributing to the industry.

2010 cosplay...?

Devereaux

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on October 05, 2008, 10:43:51 AM
Anal retentive tattoo artists. It's sacrilige and blasphemy to steal and use someone elses' work without contributing to the industry.

1.) An avatar is not a tattoo.

2.) I did not know you work for the avatar industry, nor that you expected me to contribute to it in some form or manner.

3.) I did not realize that the aforementioned avatar industry was consecrated to the service of God nor did I realize by moving your image to my profile that it would be an act of cursing or reviling God.

4.)sacrilege

edit by sysadmin: fixing minor issue.
I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: Devereaux on October 05, 2008, 04:26:22 PM
Quote from: XpHoBiaX on October 05, 2008, 10:43:51 AM

1.) An avatar is not a tattoo.

2.) I did not know you work for the avatar industry, nor that you expected me to contribute to it in some form or manner.

3.) I did not realize that the aforementioned avatar industry was consecrated to the service of God nor did I realize by moving your image to my profile that it would be an act of cursing or reviling God.

4.)sacrilege

You're still stealing something I made. So, you moving my work to your profile, can be considered stealing. I am learning old shcool methods, and anything you make is sacred and can't be taken or misused. Just becuase it's "Not a Tattoo" doesn't mean it is free for distribution.
This ain't La Ink or Miami Ink, folks.

Hence "It's sacrilege and blasphemy to steal and use someone elses' work without contributing...."

Don't make this serious business. That goes in the debate section.

edit by sysadmin: to fix quote issue

2010 cosplay...?

sysadmin

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on October 05, 2008, 07:15:01 PM
Don't make this serious business. That goes in the debate section.
I will ask to move the intellectual property discussion over to Serious Business.

That said, I personally think it's strictly uncool to directly take someone's avatar and use it for yourself.
Regardless of who created the avatar, it's just confusing to use what someone else was recently using.
That's just confusing.

4.)sacrilege
Oh jeez, another spelling nazi?  We already have one, and he's doing alright.  I don't think he needs help.

Besides, Dev, you swear in your profile text, and well as in every other post you've made.  Knock it off.

Chun

Can all of this fluffy marshmallow center justification quit already?

Whatever is posted on the internet can be utilized on the internet much to anyone's dismay, and dragging legality into the bloody conversation is just creaming yourself into an already flaky statute and an even more unfollowed territory.

If you don't want replications on the internet, watermark them.

And to be honest an avatar isn't that big a deal to require such protection, and a mod shouldn't make it as such. That's what a username is for; identification.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Devereaux

Quote from: sysadmin on October 05, 2008, 08:20:46 PM
4.)sacrilege
Oh jeez, another spelling nazi?  We already have one, and he's doing alright.  I don't think he needs help.

Besides, Dev, you swear in your profile text, and well as in every other post you've made.  Knock it off.

You know what, I hate to say it, but I really cared for that one word cause firefox's spell check had it underlined and somehow it bugged me. Leave it to OCD to tell me that someone should spell check their post when trying to make a point to me.

Also, I will attempt to put forth a minimum effort not to swear, but as most people who know me here understand, that's like asking a one month old puppy not to piss on your Saxony Carpet.

Quote from: sysadmin on October 05, 2008, 08:20:46 PM
I will ask to move the intellectual property discussion over to Serious Business.

There is nothing to debate. I am legally in the wrong if you look at it in that light. This still does not disprove my four points, nor does it properly answer my initial question.

Quote from: Chun on October 05, 2008, 08:44:38 PM
And to be honest an avatar isn't that big a deal to require such protection, and a mod shouldn't make it as such. That's what a username is for; identification.

Ain't that some truth. uhh huh, can a brotha get an Amen? I said can a brotha get an AMEN?

otakuapprentice

it isn't just an avatar, its her actual image. that makes it even more personal.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Devereaux

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 06, 2008, 12:49:30 AM
it isn't just an avatar, its her actual image. that makes it even more personal.

Good point.

...Though thinking about it for a second more prompts me to note, that if example person A had a problem of that type, they should not have made the said image publicly available (even if copyrighted). As it has not been noted in any instance that being a problem, I will catalog that point and move to conclude this facade.

Essentially this all leads me to the point of say what I should have in the first place. Unless you plan to follow a legal route and ask me to remove the image under copyright law, there was no reason to bring it into the conversation except to try to intimidate me in some form. So essentially I asked, "who does that?"

Also, no one better attempt to bitch law at me when I take their anime avatar. It's not your proprietary work and adding a border and possibly your name does not constitute fair use.

EDIT: Oh wow! You know what, it just hit me ...did you just use this legality topic to promote that you were a tattoo artist? You did didn't you? Hella sly, like a nike swoosh trimmed into the side of someones flat top.

I salute you.

I should also mention that if you ask nicely, I could have/still can remove it.

XpHoBiaX

You know, I was joking about the "anal rentive tattooist" post I made. I figured common sense would tell you that I was. Most comments after that was light.
And no, I wasn't trying to promote myself, I did that in the proper forums:
Meetings/gatherings and Incredible things I can make. Also, people knew that I was going to be a tattoo artist LAST YEAR, after I had been in the Henna tattooing business 2 YEARS BEFORE. Since I haven't PERSONALLY met you, I understand that you don't know.

I would have personally messaged you if it bothered me that much. But it didn't, and I figured you'd take it down eventually out of respect. (An entirely different concept) You're confusing people, and myself.

Now, get that bee out of your hind end and knock it off. All I did was reply to let you know how I see things, my opinion on what you did, why it was wrong. I did not bash you in anyway. I did not flame bait you, all I did was educate you on my opinion.
You were the one being a little jerk in your response.

And don't think that I am using status against you to intimidate you. If I really wanted to be a real jerk, I would have deleted every response, personally attacked you via PM and have stuck Scott on you right when this started. I could have done a number of things. I didn't. I let you do your thing, giving you the benefit of the doubt. Becuase I have been contacted by Scott this entire time about what to do with you.
I responded with "Nah, it's cool. I'll give him/her a few days to take it down himself. I know it's just a joke."

I know in another thread I said "Give me back my avatar you butt!" And I meant it as a joke.

Think about it. What you read on the internet isn't always a personal attack. I know I didn't think it was.

I'm locking this thread, apparently people aren't mature enough to listen and think about what they post and what they read.

2010 cosplay...?