Fanime 09' Promises!

Started by Ruby, October 01, 2008, 04:20:42 PM

Ruby

<3 Simple topic really, just post your promises for FanimeCon 2009! :3 DO or NOT DO's!

((also, YAY!~ Got my old account back. >_< Wasn't used to being Lassiel, much prefer this account. :( Just forgot the password to it so had to get a new one. Now I gots this one back and that other accounts deadz)).

Anywho~

MY FANIME 09 PROMISES!

I promise to be a bit sensible with my money this year and NOT go around blowing the money on anything I see that looks cute at the time.
I promise to at least attempt to be more sociable, even if it's just a little more.
I promise to get to Fanime at a sensible time, hopefully at least by noon or so on Friday...maybe even Thursday.
I promise to om nom nom on pocky.
I promise to take more pics, provided my camera is still alive. <3 I'll try not to be shy when asking people for their pictures.
I promise to have even more fun this year than I did last year...since I only got to go one day last year. :(
I promise to bring more energy drinks! BAWLS! ;3
I promise not to eat at the Fast food places...those are so horribly greasy. More than usual at convention time. Mmm grease burgers.
I promise to get a closer seat at Der Cosplay. Especially since my eyesight is horrible >.>
I promise to try and show my boyfriend how fun Fanime can be if he decides to come along. :3 He better, anyway. Or else I'll drag him to Fanime.
I promise to get a hotel room >_>
I promise to explore more of San Jose :D
I promise to eat better at Fanime and not just snack all weekend >.<
I promise to of course, shower. That's a given >__> lol
I promise to also take pictures of myself and friends and not just cosplayers as someone already suggested! :D
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

LemonBubbles

xD

I promise that this time the first thing I buy will NOT be one of those $10 key chains.
I promise not to feel so rushed and to remember that the four days of Fanime will feel like an awesome forever.
I promise to bring more blister band-aid contraptions.
I promise to take a shower every day. >.> Sticking my head in the sink doesn't count.
I promise not to spend money on edibles unless it is rare candy (<---lolrarecandypokemon) that I cannot find anywhere else.
I promise to take more pictures of myself and my friends, as well as other cosplayers.
I promise I will spend more time in the video rooms.
I promise not to wander off alone.
I promise to make new friends.
I promise to put off the withdrawals at least until I'm actually back in my home town.

I don't know how many I'll keep....but I will do my best! -fiery fist of determination-

TC X0 Lt 0X

I promise to get a hotel room
I promise to bring more than $100
I promise to have a separate food fund
I promise that I will get ALL of my friends Cell#, less I loose them in the crowds
I promise I'll get TC City Kid and TC Trooper to come with me
I promise to get them to pay for a part of the hotel bill
I promise I will go to a "Chilies" with Luke, Paco, and Ivan, like we have been planing for a year, provided there is one in walking distance/ near a light rail stop
I promise to buy lots of pokey
I promise to be awake from 8AM to 2AM at least
I promise to shower
I promise to bring 12 "6 hour energy" Energy Shots (3 for each day except monday, which gets 1, and 2 just in case I wish to become Nocturnal =3)
I promise to bring at least some healthy food that will keep my body in good shape
I promise to eat at Jack-in-the-Box at least once, as grease fills good in stomach
I promise to eat Ramen, lots of it
I promise to spread the Glory that is "TC X0 Lt 0X" to as many as possible
I promise to do things that I have forgot to mention but want to do
I promise to do what I promise to do

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PyronIkari

I promise to punch Kawaii_Neko in the jaw if he pulls the same retarded shit he did last year when he said bye to my girlfriend.
I promise to accept any money match in any SF game, hell even crappy ass Melty Blood.

Other than that, I don't care.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: PyronIkari on October 01, 2008, 10:04:49 PM
I promise to punch Kawaii_Neko in the jaw if he pulls the same retarded shit he did last year when he said bye to my girlfriend.
I promise to accept any money match in any SF game, hell even crappy ass Melty Blood.

lol.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Steve.Young

Quote from: PyronIkari on October 01, 2008, 10:04:49 PM

When doing said punching, could you wait til after con is over? Or somewhere off con property, please and thanks. Saves me less paperwork.

I promise to sleep somewhere during the weekend. Not because I want to, but because my higher ups are making me.
I promise to shower. Duh
I promise to do something that weekend which I cannot state here that will be of epic proportions.

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

SOawesomeness

I promise to try and skip school the Friday of Fanime.
I promise to actually eat meals... sometimes.
I promise to not take as many advil pills as I did last Fanime.
I promise to try and be more accepting of social encounters.
I promise to be clean and hygenic and the same as I always am.
I promise to try and look better this year than I did last year.
I promise to try and not have a lame-ass cosplay this year.
I promise to bring some energy drinks/iced coffee.
I promise to make more friends/strengthen existing relationships. (:
I promise to try and make it to the FanimeBB panel...
I promise to try and explore Fanime away from staffing as possible... if possible...
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

xOchiix

I promise to get a hotel reservation BEFORE the Marriot is booked [>.>]
I promise to NOT get overwhelmed and buy a $3 pin.
I promise to only buy 2 Pocky boxes and NOT spend over $20 on pocky...
I promise to be a bit more sociable
I promise to eat and not just snack on candy
I promise to have fun.
I promise to take more pictures and videos. Including me and my friend's.
I promise to bring atleast $100 for the Dealer's Room
I promise to compliment a few cosplayer's on their hardwork.
I promise to be myself
I promise to have contacts before the con
I promise to bring along one friend
I promise to not wander off alone
I promise to take showers, like I always do.
I promise to bring atleast one game console
I promise to be at any memorable event at Fanime  [ i.e The "Turn to Jesus or Burn in Hel"l event in '08]
I promise to explore the dealer's room and compare prices BEFORE I buy anything.
I promise to buy a CD
I promise not to be shy.
I promise to eat healthy
I promise to not bring energy drinks. [They make me tired in 3 hours ><]
I promise to hang out with somebody new.
I promise to go to a concert [If they have one]

That's all I can think of at the moment .___.;

Dominium

It seems there's a lot of 'be more sociable' promises. ; )

- I promise not to let friend drama get to me. It always puts me down.
- I promise to try and get over my fear of large crowds and go down to the con alone.
- I promise to spend my money wisely.
- I promise to eat full meals and have plenty of rest.
- I already shower every day, but I promise to keep that going. xD
- I promise to always keep my things in neat order.
- I promise to try and catch some new animes in the video rooms this upcoming year.
- I promise to ENJOY my Fanime this upcoming year. What's the point of going if I'm going to let friends make me miserable?
abnormally attracted to sin.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: xOchiix on October 02, 2008, 07:23:50 PM
I promise to go to a concert [If they have one]
Fanime has concerts e.g. Music Fest, but maybe you mean the bigger concert. :0
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

otakuapprentice

I promise to continue my tradition of making a budget and sticking to it.
I promise to have money left in my pockets after fanime ends.
I promise to eat more than twice a day.
I promise to bring more than $30 for the arcade.
I promise to cheat the dealers and go to Japantown and buy pocky/ramune for a better, lower price.
I promise to hit up at least one room party.
I promise to do at least one panel.
I promise to continue my tradition of not going to the Masquerade.
I promise to have at least one cosplay.
I promise to get pictures of myself, and not just cosplayers.
I promise to enjoy myself more next year than i did this year.

PyronIkari

ffffffffffffffff 30$ to the arcade? Unless you're sitting their playing Initial D or Wangan, I don't see how you could possibly spend that much money at all.

Oh something else I promise... to laugh at everyone who thinks spending money on pocky is... a good investment somehow.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: PyronIkari on October 02, 2008, 10:10:27 PM
ffffffffffffffff 30$ to the arcade? Unless you're sitting their playing Initial D or Wangan, I don't see how you could possibly spend that much money at all.

Oh something else I promise... to laugh at everyone who thinks spending money on pocky is... a good investment somehow.

majority of it goes to MaxTune(HAHAHAHAHA LOL Initial D), the rest to everything else(shmups, redemption games, etc.)

its never a good investment when it costs you more than $3/box(same thing goes for ramune); go to Japan Town and buy it for the "not-getting-ripped-off" price.

Barnes

I promise to watch some anime
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

PyronIkari

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 02, 2008, 11:20:54 PMmajority of it goes to MaxTune(HAHAHAHAHA LOL Initial D), the rest to everything else(shmups, redemption games, etc.)

its never a good investment when it costs you more than $3/box(same thing goes for ramune); go to Japan Town and buy it for the "not-getting-ripped-off" price.
Pocky is over rated crap that people like because they're retarded japophiles. Ramune is decent, but if you pay more than a 1$ a bottle you're stupid

otakuapprentice

Quote from: PyronIkari on October 02, 2008, 11:57:59 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 02, 2008, 11:20:54 PMmajority of it goes to MaxTune(HAHAHAHAHA LOL Initial D), the rest to everything else(shmups, redemption games, etc.)

Pocky is over rated crap that people like because they're retarded japophiles. Ramune is decent, but if you pay more than a 1$ a bottle you're stupid
Pocky is good, but not all the time. i haven't purchased some in a long time, since its been recently replaced by tubes of Gummy Choco. Same thing goes for ramune, since it been replaced by Pocari Sweat/Aquarius(they're basically the same).

PyronIkari

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 03, 2008, 12:13:27 AM
Pocky is good, but not all the time. i haven't purchased some in a long time, since its been recently replaced by tubes of Gummy Choco. Same thing goes for ramune, since it been replaced by Pocari Sweat/Aquarius(they're basically the same).

Uhm... I hope you realize that Pocari Sweat and Aquarius are sports drinks. As in, their to replenish carbohydrates after physical fitness and lots of sweating. Think, Gatorade. They're not supposed to be consumed like, water or soft drinks. It's actually pretty unhealthy to drink it a lot.

I'm sure you know that though... right?

Chun

I promise to run my A18 panel again and get OGPlanet to Fanime.

I promise to at least attempt to cosplay.

And I promise myself I will find the answer that needs to be found so I can finally let it go.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

otakuapprentice

Quote from: PyronIkari on October 03, 2008, 01:00:03 AM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 03, 2008, 12:13:27 AM

Uhm... I hope you realize that Pocari Sweat and Aquarius are sports drinks. As in, their to replenish carbohydrates after physical fitness and lots of sweating. Think, Gatorade. They're not supposed to be consumed like, water or soft drinks. It's actually pretty unhealthy to drink it a lot.

I'm sure you know that though... right?
hence, why i only get it once in a while.

Gatsby

I promise to go with Janay, Sarah, Erik!
I promise to take way more pics of cosplayers and friends.
I promise to go to more activities.
I promise to meet new people!
I promise to get a suite or something even swankier.
I promise to hang with iNSOMNiAC this time. :D
I promise to spend my time more productively (I spent a lot of my time just walking around not doing anything).
I promise not to spend my money foolishly.
I promise to be in another skit.
I promise to eat as well as I can. XD