Best place to stay in '09?

Started by xOchiix, October 01, 2008, 06:02:29 PM

Gatsby

I got my hotel straight from Marriott's website last year so I didn't check out the Fanime deals, but are their deals on suites?

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on October 05, 2008, 10:08:24 PM
I got my hotel straight from Marriott's website last year so I didn't check out the Fanime deals, but are their deals on suites?

Typically, yes. However, that may be affected if Fanime staff are forced to use the Marriott suites to help house staff over the weekend. From what I remember, last year they had a lot of Hilton suites reserved for the staff, which was why there weren't many left over for other con-goers to use. Not to mention that the Hilton limits the number of suites/rooms that Fanime can block off.

Basically, the Marriott should offer suite deals this year as they have the last few years (and they're definitely worth it). But there are still a lot of things up in the air that can change that.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Moonblossom

The past two years I've stayed at the Hilton, and it was always nice. The elevators are a lot quicker than the ones at the Marriott, the beds were comfy, the rooms a nice size. If I can make it to Fanime this year I'm going to be staying elsewhere though, since they've gone entirely non-smoking since their reno and may not even have a block of rooms. The place I'm staying has kitchenettes, two-person jacuzzis in each room, allows smoking, and is ten bucks less per night than the Hilton was last year. It's quite small though (something like 70 rooms) and about a mile away, so I can't imagine they'd cut a deal with the con.

marisuga

What were the hotel prices for 2008 again?

Shinsengumi

I'm gonna be at the Hilton again
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

FanFicGuru

I will be at the hilton as well. Huzzah!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Sora

I'm at the marriott. I was at the Hilton in 06, but I find that I like the Marriott better and am more used to it since I've been in it more. Although pricier this year, the parking is cheaper than Hilton.
"Don't give me any orders."

HILTONSTAFF

Quote from: Pimpstress Rei on October 02, 2008, 07:46:17 PM
This isn't written in stone, but because of the Hilton renovations as well as the increase in Fanime staff, there is a possibility that the Hilton will not be open to members. Please keep this in mind when you're looking at hotels and start to plan your trip.

We will keep you updated with the list of hotels that will have the special Fanime rates as well.

The Hilton San Jose is available for all

Call 800-924-4323 for Housing Information
Travel should take you places

Meirin

I've stayed at the Hilton and Marriott, and overall I prefer Hilton. There's a bizzare mind-numbing sensation every time the Marriott elevators stopped at a floor. And they're always crowded, since they have so many rooms. It's wise to go with the Hilton. (And is it just me, or does Fanime many of their GoH in Hilton suites...)

My friends and I are staying at the Fairmont this year, since we were a little late. Apparently they have free parking for people with Hybrid cars! O:
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

BrightHeart76

I'm very excited!!!  Not only am I staying at the Hilton (which I love), but I also just got confirmation that my room got changed to a double/double which is exactly what I wanted. 

YAY!!!!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

chanocular

I heard from a friend who lives a couple blocks from the hotel that it there was a bit of a flood in the hotel (a few weeks ago). I wonder if they got everything fixed.