The Fanimecon Reporter

Started by otakuapprentice, October 01, 2008, 09:55:02 PM

otakuapprentice

Now this was an interesting find.

(NOTE: if everyone already knew about this, please disregard; if not, HEY I FOUND SOMETHING!!!)

Earlier today, i tried to look up the 2008 website, since it has now been replaced with the current 2009 placeholder. after getting to the main page and arriving at the temp. page, i tried adding "2008" to the address(with different numbers previously bringing up old pages from years past), but instead brought me to this:

i have never seen these until stumbling upon them now, especially the ones dated back from February through the beginning of May. will we see this type of item back for next years website, or was this just a one-shot deal?
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

SOawesomeness

Dunno, though they've been passed out at a few staff meetings- newsletters.
Though if I wasn't in staff, I wouldn't have known about them either.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

otakuapprentice

majority of us here aren't staff, so this was an eye-opener for me.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Stormfalcon

I've seen one or two over at the Oakridge Legends in the months leading up to Fanime '08.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Tenba

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 01, 2008, 09:55:02 PMi have never seen these until stumbling upon them now
The newsletters were on the web site last year, but they were linked to a rather non-intuitive location.  In addition to the web site, we printed about 200 paper copies per month, and they were distributed to several locations, including FanimeCon staff meetings and the No-Name, Foothill, and Tsunami anime clubs.  We printed 2000 of each at-con issue, and the main distribution points were the Info Desks, although we left some at other locations as well.

Quotewill we see this type of item back for next years website, or was this just a one-shot deal?
I have excellent writers who are eager to get started on articles for 2009, so newsletters will be posted to the web site this year too.  (Apparently, whether people will see them or not is a different question.  I hope we can fix that this year.)  If you're interested, I archived some old newsletters (the ones I helped with) at http://tenba.multiply.com/.  I know there were at-con newsletters at the Info Desks before I joined staff, but I don't have copies of them.

(In other words, this wasn't a one-shot deal. :))

If you have any feedback about what you liked about the newsletter or what could've been done better, or if you'd like to apply to work on the newsletter, please e-mail newsletter-staff (at) fanime.com.

AnimeEmperor

I have a few, I enjoy reading them thoroughly. I wish it was a real magazine because Fanime people always know what's fun to talk about.