Official One Piece Gathering 09

Started by blkriku, October 02, 2008, 07:20:49 PM

blkriku

Hey everyone and welcome to the official One Piece Gathering thread for Fanime 09. I've already started the tread on cosplay.com. Let's get a list going to see who wants to join in all the fun. Let's get a lot of people to join this year. I'll keep both list combined and but a "c" by the names I got from cosplay.com. A "?" means they might be coming. Let us know who you are going to be and what day/time/location you want and we will try to accommodate everyone the best we can. More Characters will be added when people sign up for them.
Fanime is implementing some new things for all the gatherings this yr so here it is for you to know

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Date: Saturday
Time: 11:30 a.m.

Character List:

Straw Hat Pirates:
Monkey D. Luffy: blkriku (host)(Impel Down); Eliteslayer(c)(?); Kenie (Lolita Luffy); CCRS (Shabondy Luffy)(c); ClavigerBS
Zoro: bahamutknight(c); vixxiii; Mkamzng1(c)(?); bishounenizer's friend
Nami: linkluver6(c); tickyhead; bishounenizer's friend
Usopp: Naraku's Wish(c)
Sanji: Rette; bishounenizer's friend, CCRS(c)(?)
Chopper: CCRS (Chopper Man); CCRS (Monster CHopper)(c)(?)
Nico Robin: pho3nix(?)
Franky:
Brook:

Marines:
Tashigi: bishounenizer

Baroque Works:
Mr. 2 Bon Clay: Iori E(c)(?)

Thriller Bark:
Perona: Peacebunnie(?)(c), pho3nix(?)

Four Emperors:
Shanks - CCRS(c)

Shichibukai:
Mihawk - CCRS(c)(?)

Supernovas:
Eustass Kid - Tenshiryuu(c)
Killer - TATTO (c)
Trafalgar Law - CeruleanDraco(c)

other:
Going Mary - CCRS(c)(?)
Thousand Sunny - CCRS(c)(?)

blkriku

Hope everyone had a great Halloween. We have a few people but let's get some more and make this a great gathering

BunofGovt

I'm going to be cosplaying as Gold Roger, but hopefully the time for this won't clash with other gatherings.  Saturday is fine with me if before noon or after 2:30.(The Shojo Beat gathering is tentative for 1:30pm).  But I'd love to come to your One Piece Gathering.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

blkriku

I just wanted to share this. it's figurines of chopper fused with characters from dbz
http://www.strapya-world.com/categories/12_30_81_4504.html

BunofGovt

:o OMG those are freakin' adorable!!!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Kenie

Would it be ok if I was Lolita Luffy?
Live a Life at Ease
Always Follow Your Dreams

blkriku

Quote from: Kenie on January 02, 2009, 11:47:01 PM
Would it be ok if I was Lolita Luffy?

I dont discriminate, come as who every you want... i may however give you a weird look not realizing who you are and then welcome you to my crew once i realize who you are

Rette

I'll be going as Sanji, and my friend vixxiii will be Zoro.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

blkriku

Peacebunnie

So just to throw a time out there to debate -

3 pm on Saturday, anyone?
HELLO CAFFINO SHANKS COSPLAYER!!
Cosplaying: Tendo Kasumi, Ghost Princess Perona, Okita Souji, Time skip Perona, Takani Megumi.
Now planning: Boa Hancock (for friend), Chambara-style Batman (for me).

Rette

Quote from: Peacebunnie on January 29, 2009, 12:40:27 AM
So just to throw a time out there to debate -

3 pm on Saturday, anyone?

Maybe a little earlier? Like noon?

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

bahamutknightzero

NOTE: This is bahamutknightzero from the Cosplay.com boards

If it ends up being at noon, I MIGHT be able to make it (I would need to change out of my first costume)

As for 3, I probably wouldn't be able to make it due to Masq. rehearsals.

Then again, don't let me alone control the fate of this gathering, if I can't make it by the time that the majority of the people here want the gathering to be held at, then I'm just out of luck.

Back on track though, an earlier time can work, but you have to check that people aren't too busy with another gathering at that time (Noon/1PM is notorious for having larger gatherings at the time
ex: Naruto/Bleach)

Peacebunnie

HELLO CAFFINO SHANKS COSPLAYER!!
Cosplaying: Tendo Kasumi, Ghost Princess Perona, Okita Souji, Time skip Perona, Takani Megumi.
Now planning: Boa Hancock (for friend), Chambara-style Batman (for me).

Rette

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on January 29, 2009, 01:18:16 PM

If it ends up being at noon, I MIGHT be able to make it (I would need to change out of my first costume)

Then again, don't let me alone control the fate of this gathering, if I can't make it by the time that the majority of the people here want the gathering to be held at, then I'm just out of luck.

Back on track though, an earlier time can work, but you have to check that people aren't too busy with another gathering at that time (Noon/1PM is notorious for having larger gatherings at the time

Yeah I suggested noon cause I'm doing Masq too. Gotta have plenty of time. Rehearsal starts at like 4 if I recall correctly from last year.

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: Rette on January 29, 2009, 04:02:00 PM
Quote from: bahamutknightzero on January 29, 2009, 01:18:16 PM

Yeah I suggested noon cause I'm doing Masq too. Gotta have plenty of time. Rehearsal starts at like 4 if I recall correctly from last year.

Well actually, the "for real" rehearsals are at 4, but there is an optional rehearsal at 2 that the groups can attend (I'm probably going to be dragged to the optional one, knowing my skit director).

blkriku

bahamutknightzero what time is your gathering before one piece? dont' worry you are not controlling this gatherings fate, I AM! BWAHAHA.... anyways i like to get everyones input. Also the day can also be changed if the majority feels another day would be best. I want to get as many people to this gathering as possible

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: blkriku on January 29, 2009, 09:39:26 PM
bahamutknightzero what time is your gathering before one piece? dont' worry you are not controlling this gatherings fate, I AM! BWAHAHA.... anyways i like to get everyones input. Also the day can also be changed if the majority feels another day would be best. I want to get as many people to this gathering as possible

The FMA gathering is shooting for 10:00 AM, but the gathering hasn't been posted on the list yet (but the topic/posts is on the other gathering list)

BrightHeart76

Just a heads up Pirates...the Naruto Ninjas are meeting at 1:00 on Saturday and I know SasukeUchiha is trying to get things pulled together for a Pirates vs. Ninja's Gathering.  Just an idea...if you guys meet at noon....we could do the Pirates vs. Ninja's at 12:30 followed by Naruto at 1:00.  Assuming of course that the people running Pirates vs. Ninja's are cool with that.

I should have a bullhorn to help organize people if need be.

<.<   

>.>

<.<

NINJA'S RULE!!  ::runs away::
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Rette

Quote from: blkriku on January 29, 2009, 09:39:26 PM

My vote is to keep it on Saturday.

I'm running a gathering on Sunday and my cosplay for that one takes hours to put on, so if the day changed I wouldn't be able to make it to this one.

blkriku

Fanime will be taking pictures at all the gatherings, i've updated the first post with info on it for those who are curious. On another note i am going to the naruto gathering, ima pirate at heart, so i want time to change into killer bee if our gathering is before or after on the same day. There is also sunday available but i want to here from more people first before I decide.