Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock
Transformers Masterpiece Megatron

These are what I'll probably end up buying as well:
Gundam kits
DVDs and Blu Rays
Posters
Girlie figures
maybe manga?

Really? You buy DVDs at the convention? I always find better deals online...
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Knightfire

Quote from: FanFicGuru on January 13, 2009, 12:48:06 PM
Quote from: Knightfire on January 06, 2009, 08:56:56 PM
These are the two what I am actually holding out for at the con:

These are what I'll probably end up buying as well:
Gundam kits
DVDs and Blu Rays
Posters
Girlie figures
maybe manga?

Really? You buy DVDs at the convention? I always find better deals online...

Swap meet has netted me some great deals. 50 bucks for all of the original Pioneer Release DVDs of Trigun? Hell yes! Same for gundam wing. I know this forum pertains to the dealers room, but I tend to lump both swap meet and dealer's room shopping into one thing.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

GokuMew2

If I can find one for $20, I will buy the Kotobukiya figure of Asato from Lamento.
They had it at AX and the original price sticker said $20 but the darned dealer jacked up the price cuz it was selling well. (I got there after the price hike; I could see the original $20 price sticker under the new sticker.)
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Barnes

Quote from: GokuMew2 on January 13, 2009, 10:57:52 PM
If I can find one for $20, I will buy the Kotobukiya figure of Asato from Lamento.
They had it at AX and the original price sticker said $20 but the darned dealer jacked up the price cuz it was selling well. (I got there after the price hike; I could see the original $20 price sticker under the new sticker.)

Dealers can do that? 0.o
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

shinjiboy

Quote from: Barnes on January 13, 2009, 11:45:20 PM
Dealers can do that? 0.o

Yes, it's all part of the game.  Last year I asked the dealer how much he wanted for an Asuka figure.  His price was about $5 higher than what I expected.  I returned the next day and saw a sticker w/ my intended price.  I then bought it.  But it can work both ways.

Just don't piss them off.  Also last year some buyer went crazy all called the dealer something he shouldn't have for changing the price on an item.  The dealer got offended and threatened to kick the guy out of the Con. 

GokuMew2: those Lamento figures are really cool.  I bought my Rai figure last year w/o knowing what series (actually game) he came from.  It cost about $35 fyi. 

ewu

Quote from: shinjiboy on January 14, 2009, 08:45:55 AM
The dealer got offended and threatened to kick the guy out of the Con.

Dealers can do alotta things, but THAT they cannot do...

Kick the guy, well that's another matter...
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

GokuMew2

Quote from: shinjiboy on January 14, 2009, 08:45:55 AM
GokuMew2: those Lamento figures are really cool.  I bought my Rai figure last year w/o knowing what series (actually game) he came from.  It cost about $35 fyi. 

Oooh, Rai~! He's the other figure I wouldn't mind having but Asato is really the only one I'd spend my money on. (And of course Asato is usually the one that's sold out.)

Lamento is a BL game by Nitro+chiral. Wonder if they'll come out with any figures for sweet pool, their latest game...
< Mew >

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Barnes on January 13, 2009, 11:45:20 PM
Quote from: GokuMew2 on January 13, 2009, 10:57:52 PM

Dealers can do that? 0.o

Yeah, that's usually why I do the majority of my shopping on Monday...dealers price stuff to sell more often on the last couple days. Only times I buy things on Friday or Saturday is if I really want to get my hands on something I know is going to sell fast.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

GokuMew2

Quote from: FanFicGuru on January 19, 2009, 04:30:24 PM
Yeah, that's usually why I do the majority of my shopping on Monday...dealers price stuff to sell more often on the last couple days. Only times I buy things on Friday or Saturday is if I really want to get my hands on something I know is going to sell fast.

But in this instance they were jacking up the price over the weekend. .^^;;
Maa... It was at AX, not Fanime. Wonder if they'll be at Fanime. I don't remember the booth name but they pretty much only sold figures and had a huge cage of a stall where all the merch hung off the shelves of the cage.
< Mew >

Shinsengumi

Hopefully they sell more of those, I still need to buy Starscream
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

MoukoNeko

I'll mostly be looking for Ouran and FMA stuff. (Especially plushies. >.<) Anything that looks epic basically.

Knightfire

Quote from: Shinsengumi on January 24, 2009, 02:49:59 PM

Hopefully they sell more of those, I still need to buy Starscream

As do I, I also need the trailer for my Optimus Prime.

Yukari Kaiba

having recently really got into Gundam 00, I'm also going to be on the lookout for a Dynames model and the portrait series figures of Allelujah and Lockon.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Mister_E

There was die-cast metal Hyaku Shiki with a Mega Bazooka Launcher at Fanime last year it was a
bit pricey and I didn't buy it but during the last day of Fanime a guy I met bought it and it was really awesome. So I'm going buy it this year I just hope they will have it.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Knightfire

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on February 08, 2009, 12:25:03 AM
having recently really got into Gundam 00, I'm also going to be on the lookout for a Dynames model and the portrait series figures of Allelujah and Lockon.

Go for 1/100 scale. The Added Detail is marvelous compared to the 1/144 scale. I also recommend getting an Over FLAG as well. That kit is so much win.

Misa Amane

im going to look for these following items (just some of the things are in this list) ;D

-drawings of ouran high school host club
-pocky
-ramune
-anything that has to do with cats
-keychains
-loveless drawings     
-naruto drawings
-naruto posters
-loveless posters
-ouran high school posters
-fruits basket drawings
-fruits basket posters
-loveless figures
-fruits basket figures
-naruto figures
-death note figures
-ouran figures
-death note drawings
-death note posters
-final fantasy drawings
-final fantasy posters
-final fantasy figures

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Knightfire on February 12, 2009, 10:59:08 PM

Go for 1/100 scale. The Added Detail is marvelous compared to the 1/144 scale. I also recommend getting an Over FLAG as well. That kit is so much win.

thanks for the tip - I'll be on the look out for that particular model in the dealer's room ^^. last gundam model I built was a Deathscythe Hell custom XD but I'm eager to get my hands on a Dynames model and have another go at it.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Knightfire

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on February 14, 2009, 01:53:03 AM
Quote from: Knightfire on February 12, 2009, 10:59:08 PM

thanks for the tip - I'll be on the look out for that particular model in the dealer's room ^^. last gundam model I built was a Deathscythe Hell custom XD but I'm eager to get my hands on a Dynames model and have another go at it.

Not a problem

Misa Amane

well i cant think of anything but anything that catches my eye there and im able to afford it ;D

GomenNasaiPro

Ouran poster
Kakashi commission
next years badge
some FF7 posters
and maybe hentai lol