Fanime 09 Artist Alley?!

Started by iAnimePHr34k, October 05, 2008, 12:35:35 PM

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Raymei

Does anyone know/remember the table dimensions?
We want to start planning for how we want everything set up and if we'll be getting anything like piping to hold up posters/etc, but we forgot to take measurements while we were there last year.

Also, if you know approximate space allowance?  (like how much room we'll have around the table, from the row behind us, etc)

Althena

Hello Raymei,

I believe the table dimensions were 6' x 2' last year? Rather, I was able to locate the email from last year with the seating chart and this is the dimension given for most of the tables.
As for space allowance, the space between rows was extremely comfortable last year. As an artist, it helped out a lot, especially when only a couple chairs are allowed per table. Do not expect it to have rolling hills of room, but a few feet for either side.. Maybe 5 or 6 feet total from you and the row behind you. It may have been more or less generous than this, but recalling the situation, it was more than enough. :)
There isn't much room on side, simply because the tables butt up against each other that way.
here lies everything...the world I wanted at my feet... my victory's complete...

Raymei

Awesome  :)  Thanks!
We're just trying to figure out what we'll need to bring (or can bring) for "storage" and whatnot if we don't just put everything on the table  lol

Brad_again

Brad from the AA,  Tables are the same as last year 6x2, 2 chairs per table.   We recommend 2 people per table just because of spacing issues.

*  You must have a full convention pass.

* You must send us a copy of a valid sales permit, either for the year, or the weekend of the convention.
Please also have a copy of your permit with you at the convention.

* You must have a completed and signed FanimeCon 2009 Artist Alley Contract.

* You must pay for your table in full with a check made out to "Anime Resource Group". (Cash or PayPal are not accepted.) The payment must be postmarked by the appropriate date.

taken from the faq here http://www.fanime.com/events/artistalley.html

Yaminogame

I know you guys are getting annoyed about this question but is there going to be an announced date for who gets into artist alley and who doesn't. Like can we accept an announcement soon or maybe next month? I and (I am sure) others would like to know so we can save some money for prints and other art.

ewu

No way for us to tell. We are waiting on people to go to the office and pick them up. Maybe in the next week?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: Yaminogame on March 13, 2009, 06:02:28 PM
I know you guys are getting annoyed about this question but is there going to be an announced date for who gets into artist alley and who doesn't. Like can we accept an announcement soon or maybe next month? I and (I am sure) others would like to know so we can save some money for prints and other art.

last time they announce it around.... May 4th.
So i assume the announcement wil be made around april 30

ewu

assume = ASS U + ME

we cant even judge, so what good is it for you to judge. We will get it to you ASAP.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Yaminogame

Quote from: ewu on March 13, 2009, 06:21:27 PM
No way for us to tell. We are waiting on people to go to the office and pick them up. Maybe in the next week?

OKay. Thanks.