What's the name or your local Anime, Manga or Comic shop?

Started by Mister_E, October 07, 2008, 02:45:29 AM

Mister_E

I don't have a local Anime shop, my local comic shop does sell a tiny TINY bit of manga but nothing worthwhile but comics aplenty. The name is Atomic Lounge their logo is a white atom and it is a fun place to go to.

Okay your turn.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JohnnyAR

Space Cat has a small manga section

TC X0 Lt 0X

Anime 101
He up in the dealers room during fanime.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

G.I.R

I don't have a shop close by, so I Either have to go to Costa Mesa, or Los Angeles to go to Kinokuniya, or I go to  Anime Jungle in L.A. to buy most of my comics or related stuff.  As far as Anime, I usually get it from Fry's, DVD Planet, or Best Buys.

Gatsby

XpHoBiaX

People don't know what anime is in this town. And it's not really a town, per say. >:/

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

LordKefka

I went to do some exploring and found a place at Harvard Square called "Tokyo Kid". It's not bad. Some certain PVCs and a few good old imported games. Have some random things, but still fun to browse. They deal at Anime Boston only though.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Shinsengumi

The comic shop here in Salinas and Monterey is called Current Comics, no anime stores :(
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

SOawesomeness

Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

JohnnyAR

Barnes and Nobles, Borders (they have a large selection), Streetlight records, Frys

potatofreek

Barnes and Noble has a small section.
Kinokuniya is a good store, but it's about 30 min away.
The library FTW
Potatoes Rule the World.
Deal with it.

lyricaldanichan

I go to the following:

Borders (Best selection and they have deals like buy X and get X free)
Kinokuniya  (For manga/artbooks)
Nikaku Animart (anime merch and artbooks)

Sunara Ishi

Small stores: Hijink's comics. I think I have seen a Space Cat somewhere once. X.x
Some regular comic stores also sometimes carry individual manga comics. Comic size (aka under 10 pages) not graphic novel/ takoban format. I got some Inu Yasha and a few others like that.
Nikaku: a small store in SJ japantown that carries some anime, some manga (english and japanese), artbooks, etc. They mostly have older stuff but there are some new stuff.
There is also a small store near Mitsuwa (inside near the restaurant area.) that has some manga and merchandise.

Bigchains:
Kinokuniya for import manga, domestically liscensed manga (aka in english), phone books, art books, magazines, etc.
Borders, Barnes n Noble, etc etc... for manga and some anime.
Best Buy and Fry's (for anime.)

And I go to Anime Palace, Nikaku and Far out Toys for merchandise.

And the library. XP For borrowing manga/anime.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

kaethus

We had one a while back called Anime Express. It shut down a while back though. I guess business wasn't doing so well. I miss it.
Fanime Attendee 2004 - 2007
Newsletter Staff 2008
Head of Content 2009 - 2010

questionette

Barnes&Nobles, Borders, Lee's Comic's, (I don't know if Gator Games is still open but I used to go there), and there's this one shop in San Mateo I haven't been in yet but I could see plushies...and anime...

Mostly I do my shopping on the internetz though :)

Runewitt

there used to be a place called Angel's Anime Outpost, was a pretty cool lil' shop w/tables set up for ccg players to congergate and play. did a fair few rounds of Bleach there witht eh owner's daughter, but they shut down back in october, they werent doing enougn business.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.