What Anime Would You Want Brought to the States?

Started by Dragon Ninja, October 08, 2008, 09:54:00 PM

bahamutknightzero

Red Baron (1994) *Closest thing that has been shown in America was a spanish version shown on spanish tv channels, so I would add it here but as an english dub)

Kinnikuman (the original series since we already got Nisei/Ultimate Muscle)

Sakigake!! Otokojuku

Yukari Kaiba

FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Ciel

Definitely Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro! =D
Also Kannagi. ^_^

mDuo13

As far as I know, Monster still hasn't been licensed...? It seems like it should've been scooped up ages ago, given how brilliant it is.

Kawaii_the_ULTRA_chibi

A  non-suckish version of Ojamajo Doremi and the second season of Kodocha? That would be cool *half-hearted smile*  :'(
Best Anime ever: Ojamajo Doremi

RadioactiveKitty

well as long as they keep it in Japanese Junjou Romantica. man i swear as soon as a good anime or manga hits the states it is all bad and the americans screw it up with their dubbing and stuff... DUDE IT IS NOT TO HARD TO READ A SHOW! YOU DONT SIT INFRONT OF THE FRIGGIN TV AND FOCUS ON ONE THING!

so yeah i would like to see Junjou Romantica in america, but BECAUSE we are so closed minded and homophobic...
THATS gonna happen

RaddaX2

One Outs.  It's an anime about baseball that plays out like Death Note.  Why wouldn't it work in the states?
It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

PyronIkari

Quote from: RadioactiveKitty on March 02, 2009, 11:57:44 AM
well as long as they keep it in Japanese Junjou Romantica. man i swear as soon as a good anime or manga hits the states it is all bad and the americans screw it up with their dubbing and stuff... DUDE IT IS NOT TO HARD TO READ A SHOW! YOU DONT SIT INFRONT OF THE FRIGGIN TV AND FOCUS ON ONE THING!

so yeah i would like to see Junjou Romantica in america, but BECAUSE we are so closed minded and homophobic...
THATS gonna happen

How does the last phrase remotely make sense? We get it... you're gay. It's not because people are homophobic, because guess what... there's lots of homosexuals, and there's lots of homosexual media released.

ZOMG AMERICA IS HOMOPHOBIC... THEY WOULD NEVER LET A MOVIE LIKE MILK BE RELEASED! Or Brokeback Mountain. NO WAY AT ALL. HOMOPHOBIC AMERICA HATES GAYS, AND WON'T LET GAY MEDIA BE RELEASED!

Right?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 04, 2009, 11:30:02 PM
Quote from: RadioactiveKitty on March 02, 2009, 11:57:44 AM

THATS gonna happen

How does the last phrase remotely make sense? We get it... you're gay. It's not because people are homophobic, because guess what... there's lots of homosexuals, and there's lots of homosexual media released.

ZOMG AMERICA IS HOMOPHOBIC... THEY WOULD NEVER LET A MOVIE LIKE MILK BE RELEASED! Or Brokeback Mountain. NO WAY AT ALL. HOMOPHOBIC AMERICA HATES GAYS, AND WON'T LET GAY MEDIA BE RELEASED!

Right?
Right.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mew

Natsume Yuujinchou. And Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou after it's over. I think there's a good chance since the manga was recently licensed.

Congrats to Kamiya Hiroshi (Natsume) and Inoue Kazuhiko (Nyanko sensei/Madara) for winning best male lead and best male supporting, respectively, at the 3rd Annual Seiyuu Awards!
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

キティ

NOOOOOOOOOOO DONT BRING ANY TO THE STATES! I like them in their original state. I prefer to read the subtitles its not that hard lol.

PyronIkari

Quote from: キティ on March 24, 2009, 06:37:39 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO DONT BRING ANY TO THE STATES! I like them in their original state. I prefer to read the subtitles its not that hard lol.

... how does bringing it to the states remove the subtitles? If anything, the provide BETTER subtitles since the translators at most of the companies are credible translators.

xLolitaBoix

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 24, 2009, 05:30:10 PM

... how does bringing it to the states remove the subtitles? If anything, the provide BETTER subtitles since the translators at most of the companies are credible translators.

idunno i cant say I wouldnt want some anime brought in the states. as long as it sticks to the storyline and is not dubbed over but subbed.
Ive been waiting-
For the day-
I will surely die-
And its here-
and its here for Ive been told-
That Ill die before Im old-
And The Wind I Know Its Cold

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: xLolitaBoix on March 24, 2009, 07:53:27 PM

idunno i cant say I wouldnt want some anime brought in the states. as long as it sticks to the storyline and is not dubbed over but subbed.

Why would they change the storyline? o_0

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

xLolitaBoix

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 24, 2009, 08:01:03 PM

ugh guess whos dur ta dur XP not the story line i mean the dialogue. like in Naruto i dunno but i hear he does NOT say "BELIEVE IT!" in the japanese version he says something else
Ive been waiting-
For the day-
I will surely die-
And its here-

Kazuko

Quote from: xLolitaBoix on March 24, 2009, 08:24:44 PM

ugh guess whos dur ta dur XP not the story line i mean the dialogue. like in Naruto i dunno but i hear he does NOT say "BELIEVE IT!" in the japanese version he says something else
because its a swear word :U I mean sure some bits of dialouge has to be altered if its going to showed to a younger audience

PyronIkari

Dattebayo. Do you even know what Dattebayo means? Why are you watching the dubbed version anyways, if you care that much? Why don't you buy the DVD's and watch the subbed version then?

You understand that by "bring to America" they mean, that a series be licensed and released in the states. In which case it is easily available for purchase at your local media retailer (and more importantly, LEGAL).

Jun-Watarase

... "Dattebayo" is nonsensical. It's his catch phrase. It wouldn't make sense to localize it in the US and keep it Dattebayo, so they made a catch phrase like "Believe it!" because it'd make more sense to the audience.

P.S. It's not a swear word.

If you don't like dubs, don't buy them. Don't bother watching them. They were created so that they're legally and easily accessible to the general public, and translated in a way most people would understand them. You can't expect the industry to keep it half English and half Japanese just because whiny fans demand it. Only some phrases can be kept originally Japanese, whereas the rest of the language is up for translation.

Watch subs, call it a day.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

xLolitaBoix

Quote from: Kazuko on March 24, 2009, 08:35:56 PM

because its a swear word :U I mean sure some bits of dialouge has to be altered if its going to showed to a younger audience

hahahaha well i think it IS rated PG on Cartoon Network lol
Ive been waiting-
For the day-
I will surely die-
And its here-

Meirin

This is now a thread about localization.

Oh hay, five bucks down that Bandai of sumshat will get K-ON! by the end of the year.
Moe blobs get it every time.
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009