Do You Cosplay Alone Or With Friends?

Started by ININ, October 09, 2008, 01:23:52 PM

ININ

Fellow cosplayers, do you cosplay alone or with friends or a group of people?

I started cosplaying in 2004. My friends back then went their separated ways. I have new friends who are more into anime than my past friends, and are 10 times more fun to hang out with =) These new friends are my closest friends except they don't cosplay.

I'm mostly alone going to the gatherings and walking around in the daytime, saying hi to acquaintances, meeting new people, and taking cosplay pics.  I like to meet new friends who are into cosplay.

Gatsby

I mainly am the only one who cosplays. Hopefully some of my friends will next year.

ToshiX

I got about 10 friends that cosplays until I met more through the net and at the cons
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

maeiounj39

Mostly alone, cause some of my friends are too poor to get a costume. Only one of my friends does.

iKuraudo

Mostly alone. However, next year.. my friend is going to be cosplaying with me, but after Fanime.. Again I will be cosplaying alone and I'm so used to it.

Yukari Kaiba

A good number of my friends cosplay (at least the ones who are into anime and are con-goers). I don't necessarily coordinate what I cosplay as with them, but sometimes we do groups.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

K&K4ever

I do cosplay with friends sometimes (as in planning out our cosplays so that we are from the same seiries and around the same group of People. Example: I'll be cosplaying Pearl from Phoenix Wright and my Friend will be cosplaying her mother Morgen)

But allot of my cosplays I just do for myself. Sometimes my friends decide to join me in the series I do or I join them in theirs ;D

So essentially, it's a little of both.
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Lonelykangta

i cosplay alone because my friends don't like anime >>, but the past 2 gathering (fanime, San fran aki festival) ive met more people who i get to hang out with ;p

but doesn't help when i cosplay a small character like Count D, lol
Forever lonely

Charis

Myself, I usually cosplay with friends or family; it was my brother-not-by-blood who got me cosplaying in the first place, when he insisted I come up for Sakuracon '07 and then informed me they were cosplaying and I was going to be a part of the group.  (Not that I minded, really.)

Since then, every con I've gone to I've had cosplaying friends along, whether it's my Seattle family (at all but one con) or my sister last Fanime.  I've made other friends through cosplay, and it's always lovely to meet up with them and hang out as well.  I usually wind up doing 'group' cosplays with whoever I'm going to con with; Okita's been my only exception to that.  It's fun either way.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Kanzake

I usually cosplay with friends, even if we arent from the same series. People usually just ask for seperate pics and whatnot. We do have a smal bleach and ff7 group though o-o;.
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

shinjiboy

I think it was in 2004 when I dressed up as a Chunnin from Naruto.  I wasn't aware of the gathering happening that year and mainly walked around and asked for other people's picture. 

Just this past fanime of 2008, I cosplayed Ikki from Air Gear because it looked like there would be quite a few people to meet up with on the gathering day.

This year my friend and I are trying to coordinate an anime we can both cosplay from.  It's rather difficult because he and I have somewhat different taste in anime. 

Runewitt

well, this year i was going to cosplay different things with different people, then plans fell through. someone couldnt find the right hat, somone elses dad left the iron on and burnt their stuff...

yeah.
next year... i unno.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Nightroad

I really like going as a big group all from the same series! It's loads of fun, but that just doesn't usually end up happening... So mostly I cosplay alone and hang with friends!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

SOawesomeness

I cosplay alone, though in 2009 me and my friend (or a few) will be doing a sort of theme.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

clawmaster

I go with my friends which consist of at least 1-6 people. a few cosplay with me but i also make some friends along the way at the con ^^b

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

sklpnda

this will be my first year of actually cosplaying but im hoping to get a friend or 2 to come with me :D last year i was at fanime alone tho but was still enjoyable
I'd Tip My Hat To You, If I Weren't Currently Bare Headed

Sora

It depends. Next year, it will most likely be with a few friends. :)
"Don't give me any orders."

Gatsby

Yay! My friend Erik is cosplaying Alucard! Hmmm... and one of my other friends might cosplay Lord Kante from FLCL. If he can pull that off it will be a Fanime to remember.

Shinsengumi

It depends, before I use to just cosplay alone. depending if any of my friends that want to cosplay on any series (anime or video games) together.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Meirin

You can say that my friends and I all cosplay together, but it doesn't mean it's from the same series, lol. Our tastes vary, as well as finances & crafting skills. This year I hope to put together one cosplay where we're all from the same series, though. It's a lot more fun, especially when taking pictures.
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009