How About Something For Those Who Like Yuri Themed Events?

Started by Hodge Bodge, October 09, 2008, 05:51:35 PM

Hodge Bodge

The Yaoi crowd has the YaoiCon strip bingo.  A few friends of mine and I were talking and I got to thinking those that like Yuri should have little something like that, Yuri strip bingo would be awesome.  The Yuri fans are out there, you know who you are.  Just a thought, come on Yuri fans back me up!

if you're gonna back me please be 18+, as minors should not be involved with this like the Yaoi bingo event.
100% glomp friendly, Bring on the pain!  :X

Gatsby

*raises fist powerfully into the air* Yuuuuriiiiiiiiiii!!!! I suppose this could have merit.

JohnnyAR

*Raise Fist salute*

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yuri strip Bingo we must have!

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Kazuko

the tittle sounds a bit too sexist :T

you might want to rechange it to Yuri Strip bingo

PyronIkari

Quote from: Steve.Young on October 12, 2008, 01:24:47 AM
...*ponders*

It'll be a chance for under aged guys like JohnnyAR to see half naked women. Because he'll never get close to seeing a live woman otherwise...

Of course, he wouldn't be able to go... since it'd have to be 18+ anyways, thus defeating the purpose of it.

Yaoi-con can get away with something like this, because Yaoi-con is a very sexually themed convention and is an 18+ convention. Fanime is neither sexually themed, nor is it 18+. So taking something like this, honestly, would have a negative impact on the cons image.

Mizuki

This isn't a very good idea, for the reasons Mikey put down.

ewu

If there's a need, it can be arranged....

Yaoi, Yuri and Hentai rooms do happen at Fanime....

Not saying I advocate such an event or not....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

JohnnyAR

PyronIkari

Quote from: JohnnyAR on October 12, 2008, 06:13:23 PMinsert stupid here...

Oh great... another idiot like Ryu who thinks posting image macros some how makes him cool or witty, or somehow funny... or even worse... makes him think he's tolerable.

Quote from: ewu on October 12, 2008, 05:58:53 PM
If there's a need, it can be arranged....

Yaoi, Yuri and Hentai rooms do happen at Fanime....

Not saying I advocate such an event or not....

Yaoi/Yuri/Hentai rooms are displaying already existing parts of JP cartoons at a convention about JP cartoons and culture. Having a fan made panel where girls strip to bingo...

...Has JACK NOTHING TO DO WITH SUCH A CONVENTION, and only exists to present and gratify a sexual event. Can it be arranged? Of course it can. Anything can be arranged. Does it have anything to do with Fanime-con? Not at all. Throwing in 1 JP word(incorrectly used mind you), does not make it "anime" or "Japanese" or even closely resembles anything remotely related to a JP Cartoon convention.

Everything about this idea for "Fanime-con" is stupid and supporting it just means you want to see girls get half naked, not support for the con. If anything it's supporting the degradation of the convention by cheapening it into something that you are attempting to get your sexual jollies out of it.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: PyronIkari on October 12, 2008, 09:17:37 PM
or even worse... makes him think he's tolerable.

Nah, I know that I'm not tolerable, I just don't care that its you that can't ignore my posts.

Kazuko

Quote from: JohnnyAR on October 12, 2008, 09:23:46 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on October 12, 2008, 09:17:37 PM
or even worse... makes him think he's tolerable.

Nah, I know that I'm not tolerable, I just don't care that its you that can't ignore my posts.
WE CAN NOW ;O

anyway this all sounds pretty bad

Steve.Young

I can see both sides...

We did have Yaoi strip bingo, it was 18+, there were ID checks, and it was at Fanimecon.
Would it be outrageous to simply go from yaoi to yuri, I don't think so.

What purpose would this serve? Mostly to have sexually pent up males and females get even more..."turned on"?
I don't know...I'm really not for or against. It could happen, and I would just make sure we do ID checks...otherwise...*Shrugs*?

Half naked chicks? Can't say I am against it, unless it's someone who shouldn't be taking off their clothes...
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Kazuko

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 12, 2008, 11:22:02 PM
go to a strip club. problem solved.

www too bad alot of people who want this think there will be a loophole for minors so they can see some tatas

its called the internet, I suggest you look into it

Steve.Young

Quote from: ewu on October 13, 2008, 12:12:19 AM
Interweb = awesome......and not necessarily for the aforementioned reason....

I love posts that don't necessarily contribute to the discussion...the mods should really weed those out.....

Hm...eric...The internetz is for pr0n!

You know, you are a mod...*Coughs*

Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Nina Star 9

I don't really see what the huge difference is between yaoi bingo and yuri bingo and how one is any worse than the other.

Yes, the yaoi bingo is sponsered by YaoiCon, but I think that people are forgetting that it is still being hosted by Fanime. I don't see how it would be any worse to get rid of the "YaoiCon" label. We already have half-naked men at Fanime, so I don't see how having another 18+ event with half-naked women is any worse.

I'm not advocating for having the event by any means, but if we are going to have one... what's wrong with having the other?

ewu

YaoiCon sponsorship = YaoiCon staff helping an already overextended Fanime staff......but it don't mean YaoiCon cant run the Yuri Bingo along with Fanime staff:)

and on that note...JOIN STAFF...work part of the con, dont haveta pay membership for access to con events, meet lots of cool peeps that are so committed to anime that they would rather give their fanime time to make sure others enjoy more anime than they do:P

http://tinyurl.com/5kb7ro
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Nina Star 9

Quote from: ewu on October 13, 2008, 11:45:57 AM
YaoiCon sponsorship = YaoiCon staff helping an already overextended Fanime staff......but it don't mean YaoiCon cant run the Yuri Bingo along with Fanime staff:)
Yes, that makes sense, but I was more directly reffering to comments about how YaoiCon can get away with it but Fanime cannot, even though the events still happen at Fanime itself, not YaoiCon.