How About Something For Those Who Like Yuri Themed Events?

Started by Hodge Bodge, October 09, 2008, 05:51:35 PM

ewu

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on October 13, 2008, 10:42:03 PM
Yes, that makes sense, but I was more directly reffering to comments about how YaoiCon can get away with it but Fanime cannot, even though the events still happen at Fanime itself, not YaoiCon.

I plan so I just think logistical :) If there is a need and a feasibility....it will probably happen.

Now establishing those two thresholds.....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

Quote from: ewu on October 14, 2008, 04:53:36 PM
Quote from: Nina Star 9 on October 13, 2008, 10:42:03 PM
Yes, that makes sense, but I was more directly reffering to comments about how YaoiCon can get away with it but Fanime cannot, even though the events still happen at Fanime itself, not YaoiCon.

I plan so I just think logistical :) If there is a need and a feasibility....it will probably happen.

Now establishing those two thresholds.....

Let's see...logistically you would need a room bigger than the room Yaoi Strip Bingo had last year, as people were packed in there pretty well or so I have heard.

You will need people at the entrance (Check ID's) and exits (To prevent people from entering through the exit). You will need a moderator, someone in charge of the event as well as a good portion of the event staff.

I think what Mikey meant to imply was that because it's hosted by Yaoicon, the whole "Inappropriateness" of the whole thing is mostly shifted to Yaoicon, while Fanime is just providing the space, whereas there is no Yuricon who can take the blame =P. At least that's how I viewed what he was saying.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: Steve.Young on October 14, 2008, 06:23:50 PM
I think what Mikey meant to imply was that because it's hosted by Yaoicon, the whole "Inappropriateness" of the whole thing is mostly shifted to Yaoicon, while Fanime is just providing the space, whereas there is no Yuricon who can take the blame =P. At least that's how I viewed what he was saying.

Actually, there is a YuriCon(from what I've heard)! :]

The problem is, it's all the way on the east coast...

Mango Bunny

OKOK, so. I think it isn't a good idea.
But I lack some information! What is involved with yaoi/yuri strip bingo? Because I'll say that if it's to undies, for example, then a man in underwear is FAR less provocative than a woman in underwear.
Also, how is it yaoi/yuri? Are they all over each other? I don't think we should advocate that, not because there's anything wrong with it, but rather because a. there's enough of that shiz in fanime already, and b. it looks terrible. We aren't a peep show.
Over all, I think it would make fanime creepier.

PLUS, I don't want any more oversexed people than we already have. I know like 454564564456 people come expecting to get laid, but geez. Let them find their own boobs to look at (it's not hard at fanime after all!). We don't need to supply them.

ewu

M or F...whats the diff? lets hold it to the same standard
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Baker!-!

yuri yuri yuri yuri yuri yuri para para para para shoten anyone know what song that is
WAHHHHHHHHH where is patty and hiyori when you need them the most

cosplays for 09
main:Eevee ginjika ?%
Sides:Mitsuru 15% lol i have the hair naturally

Hodge Bodge

Yo everyone, this is a suggestion I had because a group of my friends and I were just spitballng and they figured I should go ahead and just suggest it. I did for the reason that i don't care if people think i'm a perverted freak for it.  I suggested it because I know women that go to anime conventions and they are big yuri fans and no, not all of them are lesbians, they just like women.  A few of my female friends even say they check out something like this.  Yes there will be pervy "fans" there that just want to see skin, and that is why, should it actually happen, i also suggest a code of conduct.  Even though I seriously doubt it'll happen now, there are those that aren't douche-bags and just think the human body, particularly the female body are works of art and just want to have a game where we can appreciate that while having fun with those who enjoy the same thing, and if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen.  I'm just think about having another dimension of fans to the con. I'm sure I've pissed off a few people for this but i don't apologize for what i enjoy.

and anyone who didn't figure it out already, yes I am a guy.  No, I'm a not horny teen who just wants to see boobs.  I'm just a man that thinks women are beautiful and not just eye candy.  To me yuri is are and amazingly beautiful.  In the same way that some yaoi fans appreciate the beauty they find in yaoi, I find that in yuri.   
100% glomp friendly, Bring on the pain!  :X

Kazuko

Skin needs to be displayed in a classy way, not overthe top trashy
Along with after events, the girls could get stalked to their rooms or what not

No one wants rape on their hands

Mizuki

Uhm, if people want to see naked people, and want to try and get laid, go on craigslist and get a hooker. This is pretty disturbing, and if I was a moderator for this section this thread would have been closed a long time ago. Also, how do we even know if you're telling the truth, I'm pretty sure most serial rapists said the same thing when they got boxed.

Ftwyn

I agree that there should be a yuri bingo for the yuri fans!  As a yaoi fan myself I guess it's a bit unfair dragging along my friends who aren't into yaoi to  yaoi bingo just to laugh at their reaction.  I think the yuri fans should get a reward for putting up with us yaoi fans.  :)  REMEMBER, It's not just about looking at skin (if there really is any) it is also BINGO, which means fun prizes!

I think the hardest factor would be finding girls to strip.

Kava

I think it's just a problematic proposition due to the differences in the way the majority crowds view men and women. Just as a for instance.... I've only attended Yaoi con one year. That year, at the auction, after all the guys had been auctioned off - they auctioned off the hostess as a joke. Yes, it wasn't real. Still, the hostess snagged a price that was at least ten times that of any of the males. (more, I think, but I don't recall the exact numbers...)

It -should- be equal, yes. I agree with that. Majority opinion and reaction though, is that a half-naked female is NOT equal to a half-naked male.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Steve.Young

Quote from: Kava on December 01, 2008, 04:14:40 PM
It -should- be equal, yes. I agree with that. Majority opinion and reaction though, is that a half-naked female is NOT equal to a half-naked male.

Thus lies the problem. I would not be comfortable with having to guarantee the safety of females who participate in this event while the guys who do Yaoi Bingo I'm not so worried about.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Long

This would be hot.

But in the Yaoi bingo, if I'm correct, they only strip down to underpants or something right? A girl stripping down to bras and panties, or in some cases a thong really isn't the same thing as a guy stripping down to his boxers, or god forbid, briefs. There's more of a social stigma attached to it.

People would look on the guys as them just having fun, but they might look at the girls as if they were just acting slutty and might make them targets.

Generally what I'm saying, is that the events wouldn't really be equal.

Mango Bunny

Quote from: Long on January 13, 2009, 12:51:44 AM
This would be hot.

But in the Yaoi bingo, if I'm correct, they only strip down to underpants or something right? A girl stripping down to bras and panties, or in some cases a thong really isn't the same thing as a guy stripping down to his boxers, or god forbid, briefs. There's more of a social stigma attached to it.

People would look on the guys as them just having fun, but they might look at the girls as if they were just acting slutty and might make them targets.

Not that we could rreeeeaaaally guarantee it, but they could require solid undershirts and something else for the bottom? I just mean so it is kinda similar. I think that would still be cute/sexy, but less.... flashy?

Long

Quote from: Mango Bunny on April 17, 2009, 07:16:04 PM
Quote from: Long on January 13, 2009, 12:51:44 AM
This would be hot.

Not that we could rreeeeaaaally guarantee it, but they could require solid undershirts and something else for the bottom? I just mean so it is kinda similar. I think that would still be cute/sexy, but less.... flashy?
Or maybe a bikini. D: For some reason, a bikini carries less social stigma than panties and a bra. ;D

PrincessCake

it sucks to be so close to 18 but not. I hate being almost 5 months from being what society thinks is legal.  ::)
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Toki

The topic says something about "yuri themed events" I don't see why there is a beating of this bingo horse since so many are obviously against it... so why not yuri go fish?

just kidding. However I am a huge advocate of yuri, and i'm a girl. I am not too big on stripping in front of strangers or the possibility of being stalked. I think you should nix the stripping thing. I don't have any moral issues against it, it just doesn't seem like something that should be publicized.

Perhaps yuri themed pictionary? Yuri themed charades? lolol :3