Anime Video Game Cosplay Geek Clearing House > General Anime Chat

Updates and Changes Part I

<< < (3/4) > >>

mDuo13:

--- Quote from: LordKefka on October 10, 2008, 12:34:47 PM ---Also, I'm thinking of making a new thread called " Random Anime Thoughts" and putting a sticky on it. The name is pretty self explanatory. You post about an anime on your mind you want to talk about or comment on something vice versa. I think it'll be a good way to avoid a load of topics that is good for a few responses then idle for the rest of '???'. Takes up less room and etc.Thoughts people?

--- End quote ---
I don't like this idea, and here's why - most of all, because I don't think that people will use it instead of starting useless topics. Also, I think calling it "random anime comments" encourages people to spam uninteresting comments without actually responding to each other.

Stickying the current season thread seems like a good idea, though.

LordKefka:

--- Quote from: mDuo13 on October 11, 2008, 01:33:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: LordKefka on October 10, 2008, 12:34:47 PM ---Also, I'm thinking of making a new thread called " Random Anime Thoughts" and putting a sticky on it. The name is pretty self explanatory. You post about an anime on your mind you want to talk about or comment on something vice versa. I think it'll be a good way to avoid a load of topics that is good for a few responses then idle for the rest of '???'. Takes up less room and etc.Thoughts people?

--- End quote ---
I don't like this idea, and here's why - most of all, because I don't think that people will use it instead of starting useless topics. Also, I think calling it "random anime comments" encourages people to spam uninteresting comments without actually responding to each other.

Stickying the current season thread seems like a good idea, though.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking about that idea for a bit and it does seem a little general for a topic that'll yield a great number of responses as time goes. People do like starting topics instead of posting in one that already exists with hundreds of posts.

I probably won't put everything I mentioned into action, but they serve an idea. This board seems to be pretty tranquil so cleaning up is the main thing I'll be doing and everything else is for efficiency purposes. 

Chun:

--- Quote from: LordKefka on October 10, 2008, 12:34:47 PM ---Also, I'm thinking of making a new thread called " Random Anime Thoughts" and putting a sticky on it. T

--- End quote ---

Random Anime Thoughts = Thoughts about A Certain Anime = What this board is for, discussing anime.

It's a superfluous proposal.

--- Quote ---Another topic is a "Recommend me an Anime" topic stickied. Yeah, what it says. Though of course people have a mind of their own to functionally look for things to watch, it doesn't hurt to turn to this once in a while when you just can't think of something. Also saves room and lessen those once or twice posted topics so no new topics need to be made everytime. Yay? Nay?   

--- End quote ---

It doesn't do anything to hurt the board, and it has functionality. Do as you will.

~Chun

Gatsby:
I am definitely in support of cleaning whatever you feel needs to be cleaned.

I like the idea of making a "Recommend Me An Anime" topic so again I support that.
Well those really are my two cents. I'm on the run, so I will post more of my opinions later.

LordKefka:
Small little update with the creation of that anime (and also manga) recommendation topic. This topic will be sticky for a little while longer so if there is anything else people want to comment on, it's not too late.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version