Updates and Changes Part I

Started by LordKefka, October 10, 2008, 12:34:47 PM

LordKefka

Alright guys, I'm thinking of a few new ideas to be put into effect so let me know your thoughts and criticisms. Yes... go ahead and give it to me hard if you have a different opinion.

First thing on my mind are topics from years ago that won't possibly warrant any form of response and/or that are answered already( as in a question someone had). We're not talking about topics with dozens of responses that people can still look back on and read for future entertainment, but more of topics like " my DVD doesn't work" and etc. Throughout this week, I will be posting questionable threads that people think should be kept or deleted. That or topics with no posts, one post and etc. That or everyone think all the topics should stay and none should be deleted? This is an attempt to "clean up" like a room if you want to think about it. Feedback is appreciated. This is your sub-forum after all. So comments?

Also, I'm thinking of making a new thread called " Random Anime Thoughts" and putting a sticky on it. The name is pretty self explanatory. You post about an anime on your mind you want to talk about or comment on something vice versa. I think it'll be a good way to avoid a load of topics that is good for a few responses then idle for the rest of '???'. Takes up less room and etc.Thoughts people?

Another topic is a "Recommend me an Anime" topic stickied. Yeah, what it says. Though of course people have a mind of their own to functionally look for things to watch, it doesn't hurt to turn to this once in a while when you just can't think of something. Also saves room and lessen those once or twice posted topics so no new topics need to be made everytime. Yay? Nay?   

Finally, for topics I (or you) think are important, I will sticky them for a week or so. One of the topics is " Fall Season 2008". All you have to do is post " please sticky" when you create a topic. And please, not like " please sticky! I want Pocky!" and the likes...-_-;

Alright, that's about it for now. Comments anyone?
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

G.I.R

Quote from: LordKefka on October 10, 2008, 12:34:47 PM
Alright guys, I'm thinking of a few new ideas to be put into effect so let me know your thoughts and criticisms. Yes... go ahead and give it to me hard if you have a different opinion.

First thing on my mind are topics from years ago that won't possibly warrant any form of response and/or that are answered already( as in a question someone had). We're not talking about topics with dozens of responses that people can still look back on and read for future entertainment, but more of topics like " my DVD doesn't work" and etc. Throughout this week, I will be posting questionable threads that people think should be kept or deleted. That or topics with no posts, one post and etc. That or everyone think all the topics should stay and none should be deleted? This is an attempt to "clean up" like a room if you want to think about it. Feedback is appreciated. This is your sub-forum after all. So comments?
Sounds reasonable.

LordKefka

Alright, so I'm actually going to go through all 32 pages (not all at once of course) in the span of a week or something and pluck out questionable topics to be deleted. If no response, I take it people don't care enough (not to mention the last whatever post is YEARS ago). If I get a nay, post the topic you want to keep and I'll keep it.

One other thing is will anyone be bothered if their post count decrease if I delete the topics? I'm also trying to avoid topics where active posters still post as well. Don't know if anyone will be upset with the post # thing.

But anyways, I got rid of about 3 pages worth of topics (32 to 29 now?). All topics had either the question answered, straight forward where you basically can discuss anything else, or so old it can out last a pack of ramen noodles. These are the first batch of topics MAYBE worth keeping? I dunno.

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,316.0.html
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,882.0.html
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,902.0.html
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,557.0.html
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,34.0.html
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,846.0.html
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,876.0.html
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,1032.0.html
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,953.0.html

EDIT: Almost 3 pages..
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Devereaux

Yes... go ahead and give it to me hard

Ummm...yeaaa...you like it hard don't you....
I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

LordKefka

Quote from: Devereaux on October 10, 2008, 11:55:15 PM

I had a feeling someone was going to pick up on that line...~_~;;
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Devereaux

Quote from: LordKefka on October 10, 2008, 11:57:00 PM

It's not a line, it's a lifestyle.
I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

LordKefka

Quote from: Devereaux on October 10, 2008, 11:59:05 PM

If you consider a lifestyle of a wall of animu girls =P
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Devereaux

Quote from: LordKefka on October 11, 2008, 12:01:07 AM

No need to consider other lifestyles, Liking it hard has worked out for you so far, best to stick with it.

LordKefka

Quote from: Devereaux on October 11, 2008, 12:08:15 AM
Quote from: LordKefka on October 11, 2008, 12:01:07 AM

No need to consider other lifestyles, Liking it hard has worked out for you so far, best to stick with it.

Yeah uhh, sure why not  :o

Anyways, back on topic.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

mDuo13

Also, I'm thinking of making a new thread called " Random Anime Thoughts" and putting a sticky on it. The name is pretty self explanatory. You post about an anime on your mind you want to talk about or comment on something vice versa. I think it'll be a good way to avoid a load of topics that is good for a few responses then idle for the rest of '???'. Takes up less room and etc.Thoughts people?
I don't like this idea, and here's why - most of all, because I don't think that people will use it instead of starting useless topics. Also, I think calling it "random anime comments" encourages people to spam uninteresting comments without actually responding to each other.

Stickying the current season thread seems like a good idea, though.

LordKefka

Quote from: mDuo13 on October 11, 2008, 01:33:35 PM
I don't like this idea, and here's why - most of all, because I don't think that people will use it instead of starting useless topics. Also, I think calling it "random anime comments" encourages people to spam uninteresting comments without actually responding to each other.

Stickying the current season thread seems like a good idea, though.

I was thinking about that idea for a bit and it does seem a little general for a topic that'll yield a great number of responses as time goes. People do like starting topics instead of posting in one that already exists with hundreds of posts.

I probably won't put everything I mentioned into action, but they serve an idea. This board seems to be pretty tranquil so cleaning up is the main thing I'll be doing and everything else is for efficiency purposes. 
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Chun

Also, I'm thinking of making a new thread called " Random Anime Thoughts" and putting a sticky on it. T

Random Anime Thoughts = Thoughts about A Certain Anime = What this board is for, discussing anime.

It's a superfluous proposal.

QuoteAnother topic is a "Recommend me an Anime" topic stickied. Yeah, what it says. Though of course people have a mind of their own to functionally look for things to watch, it doesn't hurt to turn to this once in a while when you just can't think of something. Also saves room and lessen those once or twice posted topics so no new topics need to be made everytime. Yay? Nay?   

It doesn't do anything to hurt the board, and it has functionality. Do as you will.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Gatsby

I am definitely in support of cleaning whatever you feel needs to be cleaned.

I like the idea of making a "Recommend Me An Anime" topic so again I support that.
Well those really are my two cents. I'm on the run, so I will post more of my opinions later.

LordKefka

Small little update with the creation of that anime (and also manga) recommendation topic. This topic will be sticky for a little while longer so if there is anything else people want to comment on, it's not too late.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

LordKefka

In case people don't know yet, we have the ability to hide our text ( thanks to sysadmin) in cases when there are spoilers that need to be brought up but not shared with people who don't care to know about it. I strongly urge people to be considerate of others when they talk about things someone else haven't gotten up to and beyond. Don't be the person who comes out of a new movie and screams the ending for others who are in line to watch it.

So
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

^Highlight the black.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor