Black and White Ball Music for 2009

Started by tkdteo, October 16, 2008, 03:55:15 PM

tkdteo

Hi everyone,  I am part of the committee for Black and White Ball for 2009.  I wanted to get a jump on things for the upcoming year, so I wanted to hear from people, what songs would you suggest or like to be played at the B&W Ball?  Any suggestions would be great.  I know last year, music from anime, games, and jpop were played.  We were hoping to expand on that for the upcoming year.  So if you do have any good suggestions please let me know in this format:

<Name of song> - <artist/anime it came from> - <What dance it will be for>

Also if you could link me a site to listen or gather the songs, that would be greatly appreciated also.  Thanks for your help.
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

Mister_E

Song: What Planet is This? Anime: Cowboy Bebop Movie Artist: Yoko Kanno Played at the B&W Ball

This site I know in which to get this song is one of thouse you have to join sites, but I can e-mail you the MP3.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Nina Star 9

I'm all for SEAT BELTS music that isn't Tank!/Waltz for Zizi.

I'm not good with ballroom dancing/what type of music and dancing is paired up, but I have noticed that there have been some jazzier songs (that are my personal favourite to dance to). I think that there are probably plenty of Paris Match/JiLL-Decoy association/orange pekoe songs that will work. I can't give any specific suggestions, since I don't know anything about dancing, as I said, but I can PM you some songs as possibilities. Someone who knows more about dancing could problaby give more specific suggestions, though.

I was dissapointed to hear some very unball-like music played this year. Last year was understandable, since it was the first year, but there were a lot of complaints and I was hoping that it would be changed for '08. I understand that we need music that is accessible to the average congoer, but we also need something that adds to the atomosphere of a formal ball. It is hard to find a blend of music that will please the experienced dancer and the average fan, but I feel that music you can hear at any "normal" dance is not something that should be played at a ball. Popular music with a ballroom flair is much better than some of the music I heard.

That said, I think that my above suggestion fits well into music that is accessible to the average person without being the same type of music you would hear at the normal Fanime dances, a wedding, or a high school prom.

iAnimePHr34k

Far Away by Nickelback is a great slow song. >w<
It's so romance-y.
Isn't it?
I don't know what dance it should be for though.

AirEric

here's some music
it's Waltz music from assorted soundtracks and i thought it would fit the Ball theme!

-'Waltz Katzen Blut' from 'The Cat Returns/Neko No Ongaeshi' Soundtrack
-'Umi No Mieru Machi' from 'Kiki's Delivery Service' Soundtrack
-'Urusura No Koya He' from 'Kiki's Delivery Service' Soundtrack
-'Reprise' from 'Spirited Away' Soundtrack
-'Kaze No Toorimichi (Instrumental)' from 'My Neighbor Totoro' Soundtrack
-'Yureru Kokoro' from 'Nabari No Ou' Soundtrack
-'Atatakai Hizashi no Naka de' from 'Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei' Soundtrack
-'Madobe no Shoujo' from 'Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei' Soundtrack

Sorry I don't know where you can download these. Megaupload has them and if necessary i can send the track files.

Ni-Sama

Will there be swing dancing at the Ball?

If so, I can suggest some songs. ^^
Costumes:
Blair - Soul Eater 5%
Shiki - TWEWY 0%

tkdteo

As of right now we are just putting together music for the ball.  Nothing is final yet as far as the dances go but if you have any suggestions as far as music and/or dances I would be open to hearing them too. So keep the songs and suggestions coming. 

- Jim
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

Mizuhime54

I gots two! ^^

Ai Otsuki- Daisuki Da Yo

Yui Makino, Tsubasa Chronicle Movie- Amurita.

Those two would be pretty good slow dances! :3. Hope these help >w<b

boots01

requests are great, but unfortunately for the most part, they will fall on quite literally deaf ears without the music you are suggesting.  so, if you guys have access to the music in mp3 format, please send it to [email protected].  we can not guarantee it will get played at the ball, but we will at least be able to take it into consideration.  we are always looking for more music for our selection.
-Eugene
2001 Video Programming Staffer
2002 Acting Video Programming Head
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2010 Yamaga Party Coordinator
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

so much anime to watch, so little time

GomenNasaiPro

Oh here's a song (Sakura Drops by Utada Hikaru)  this for a slow dance

Mizuhime54

I like Sakura Drops :3. Good choice ^^

Mizuhime54

Also, a question.

Is K-pop or K-songs in general acceptable? I'm hoping so because I have so many to suggest! Thanks in advance for any reply.

boots01

we're trying to stick to japanese but we will at least take a look at them if you can send us the music
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

Sumi

Mix of Music.  I dont know if some of them would work for the ball though D:

Kufufu no Fu ~Boku to Keiyaku~>>Iida Toshinobu>>samba lol ::link::
-Hitoribocchi no Sadame>> Album:Sakura Addiction(Hibari) [Katekyo Hitman Reborn] >> slow ::link::
Sakura Addiction>> Album:Sakura Addiction(Hibari & Mukuro) [Katekyo Hitman Reborn]>> idk what kind of dance its for oAo; ::link::
-Guns & Roses>> Paradise Lunch [Baccano!]>> jazz? ::link::
Aishitageru>> Loverin Tamburnin [Disgaea Animation]>> idk ::link::
-Yume no Tamago>> Ichiko Hashimoto>> slow ::link::
Pre-Parade>> Rie Kugimiya [ToraDora]>>idk ::link::
-Pray>> Tommy heavenly6 [Gintama]>> idk ::link::
Darkwave Surfer>> Aural Vampire>> techno ::link:
-Heaven>> Ayumi Hamasaki>> idk  DX!!!! cant find on youtube wtf!
Saikou no Kataomoi>> Tainaka Sachi [Saiunkoku Monogatari]>> slow ::link::
-The Garden of Everything>> Maaya Sakamoto>> Slow it has english and japanese in it though ::link::
Love is War>> ryo [Miku Hatsune] or Len Version>> idk ::Miku Link::  ::Len Link::
-Spice>> Kagamine Len [artist unknown]>> slowish ::link::
Calling>> Kaori Oda [Baccano!]>> slow ::link::
-Vanilla Salt>> Yui Horie [ToraDora]>>idk ::link
Danzai no Hana ~Guilty Sky~ (Ballad Version)>> Riyu Kosaka [Claymore]>> slow ::link::
-Megumeru ~Cuckool Mix 2007~ >> Eufonius [Clannad]>> slowish ::link::
World is Mine>> ryo[Hatsune Miku]>> idk ::link::

Danjo song would be fun to play too lol ::Dango link::

theres more...much more DX i will post later...or not x-x;
if you would like some of the songs i can email them to you or something @@;
The CREW.

nougami.noodle

Hi! Not sure what the rules are, but I always love dancing to AAA (Jpop's ok right?), here's one I recommend for a ball:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdxMFShv4dg

boots01

noodle, that would work quite well if you can get me either a link to or an email of the mp3?
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

Sumi

umm i posted links on my first post... tell me if the link is wrong or something @@;
The CREW.

boots01

sumi, didn't see those >.<  thanks. :)  a quick note, youtube videos are great for watching but they don't help get the music into the playlist.  we need an mp3 or similar type of audio file.  trying to rip audio from a compressed youtube video isn't an option for a number of reasons, with the major one being that the quality will be horrid and therefor sound like crap.
-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,

Sumi

most of these are on gendou oAo;; i can email them to u but i dun have ur email...
The CREW.

boots01

-Eugene
2003-5 Masquerade 2nd.
2006 Special Projects
2007-9 BW Ball Head
2011 HR Staffer

sigh,