Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 2009 ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWER!

Started by NetBelleAnie, October 17, 2008, 12:24:55 AM

NetBelleAnie

I know that there will be people wanting to do it, so who's game?

I'd think doing it on the Friday would be best when everyone is fresh and energetic, in the afternoon around 4 maybe.
I'll be Yoko, once again. And I'll leave the honor of collecting names to someone who is more dedicated than I.... :D
Demyx (Kingdom Hearts)
Mabel (Gravity Falls)

Hakaru_chan

hey im in! im one of the nias (post timeskip) lol  ;D  might want to be timeskip nia. ohh and since we're in the cosplay section. would you happen to know how i can properly make nia's accessories? ohh AND ANOTHER SUGGESTION.. me and simon suggest other ttgl cosplayers to cosplay other outfits in the series like the ones in the parallel universe ones, some online pictures etc.
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Death_Note_Matt

OMG count me in yeah XD  I might be Simon Baby if I am not busy X3
Another Player has Entered the Game

laganndriller

ORE WO DARE DA TOMOTEYAGARU
um..........im trying to make a lagann lol
ORE WO DARE DA TOMOTTEYAGARU

AirEric

AH!
Nono don't do it at 4 on friday that's when my ship sails! (jk that's when we'll be on our way to Fanime)

But we'll have
-Female Viraru - Me
-Female Aniki - not Me
-Garlock sheamon- not Me
-Nia - not Me

Hakaru_chan

omg the ttgl threads are getting closer to each other...lol. don't know where to write but... yea what air said. please not friday either because im leaving right after school on friday (STUPID SCHOOL DISTRICT MADE IT THREE DAYS INSTEAD OF A 4 DAY WEEKEND THOSE B45T4rd$) sigh ohh well... hmm. maybe these threads will collide with each other lol
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

shininja-red

laganndriller

Hakaru_chan

www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

laganndriller

Kamina_Chan

I wanted to do a Skit xD but I can't think of anything. :T

Jazqui

I am going to be cosplaying messenger/antispiral Nia.

Hakaru_chan

umm has anyone volunteered to be the one in charge of the gatherings and letting people know when it will be yet?

because of my natural instincts... IM 50% wanting to be the one in charge now since ive checked the other threads and no one has YET to offer to volunteer from what i know. i personally want to videoshoot it like i did this year.

do you guys think it would be easier to just get an idea of a general day for the gathering on the thread, then when the day comes and more people want to do it... i just walk around with maybe a sign or something telling people that it will be here and this time etc. ALSO ANOTHER QUESTION.. HOW DOES A GATHERING/PHOTOSHOOT get on the fanime program?

i mean, i just want to know how people get organized for this kind of stuff. i want to do this but how do i approach?
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Evangelion Xgouki

Gatherings are completely run by the people who attend.  While there has been talk about trying to get a Cosplay Gathering list into the official Fanime schedule, it just isn't possible.  The program guides have to be run several weeks before the start of the convention to be printed in time and the Gathering List tends up change up until the day before and sometimes even of the convention.  If you look in the Cosplay section, there's a thread started and managed by BSaphire "Official Fanime 09 Cosplay Gatherings List."  If you want to schedule a gathering, make a post there with all the relevant information (day, time, location, etc) and she'll handle adding it to the master list on that thread.  There's also a good chance she'll be working overtime and setting up the Cosplay Gathering lists at the con like she did last year to inform attendees when gatherings are.  That's about the closest you'll get to advertisement of Gatherings.  To walk around the con with a large sign or shouting might not be as effective and can be obstructive in such a crowded environment.  Should you see Gurren-Lagann cosplayers it might be best to approach them and politely inform them about the gathering if they wish to attend.

BSaphire

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on December 03, 2008, 11:05:03 AM
umm has anyone volunteered to be the one in charge of the gatherings and letting people know when it will be yet?

because of my natural instincts... IM 50% wanting to be the one in charge now since ive checked the other threads and no one has YET to offer to volunteer from what i know. i personally want to videoshoot it like i did this year.

do you guys think it would be easier to just get an idea of a general day for the gathering on the thread, then when the day comes and more people want to do it... i just walk around with maybe a sign or something telling people that it will be here and this time etc. ALSO ANOTHER QUESTION.. HOW DOES A GATHERING/PHOTOSHOOT get on the fanime program?

i mean, i just want to know how people get organized for this kind of stuff. i want to do this but how do i approach?
First off I want to say thank you to Evangelion Xgouki for the shout out on the Official Gatherings Thread ^^)

There are multiple threads for this gathering. The following thread was started on C.c on 7/11/08

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan ~ Naxul ~ http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=153633

This thread was started 10/18/08, and here is another started 10/28/08 http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,8195.0.html I would suggest that the thread starters here on Fanime contact the one on the C.c forums and decide who will run the one here on the Fanime forums so that the list will be complete and the day/time/location not be confusing to the TTGL cospeeps.

I will not start posting gatherings until after the 1st of the year and returning gatherings of over 60+ peeps take precedence on time &/or space because these are large draws, many photograhers are at them, and the crowd for these gatherings are large. I have some Q&A listed here on gatherings:

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,7748.0.html

As for advertisment of this gathering I have large blue boards that I position around the convention center that has all the finalized gatherings listed on them so other attendees can find the info. As EX mentioned in their post, putting the gatherings into the program would not be productive for the gatherings. The dead line for that is way to early and since gatherings are not decided around Fanime programming many adjust or tweek here and there all the way up to my deadline and I would rather have as many on the list as possible than to exclude anyone.

So feel free to check out the list and look over the Q&A. If you have any questions after that then post your question on that thread because I do not look through the gathering threads all the time (especially when last year had 66 gatherings ^^)

Squidges
BSaphire

Edited @ 11:28 am due to thread conflictions
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Hakaru_chan

yea.. ok hmm im kinda figuring this out now.  ;D

black_hanyou already started a thread of TTGL before in July, 2008. I posted on that one before but I think with all the confusion and what not i'll ask Her and the people on there to just focus and post on THIS one. (its the same people posting on both anyways)

Here is that link: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10346.0.html

also, black_hanyou is the one that started the topic on cosplay.com. so ill try contacting her.

here is the link for that: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=153633

(The First Link that you posted BSaphire, isn't working when i click on it)

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP BSaphire and xgouki too
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

BSaphire

Fixed the link ^^) Thanks for letting me know :) & your welcome

B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

[email protected]

Once again confused, is this a stand alone gathering or in conjunction with the other one?

Hakaru_chan

Quote from: [email protected] on January 12, 2009, 08:20:48 PM
Once again confused, is this a stand alone gathering or in conjunction with the other one?

yea just responding the same message to this thread as well. trying to get into contac with this person as well.
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Hakaru_chan

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I got responses from both threads and it looks like I'll be the one in charge of this gatherin now! (whimper) lolz.

sorrie for the long wait guys but lets get this ball rolling shall we?   
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork