Fame cosplaying and otakus

Started by Baker!-!, October 20, 2008, 08:58:10 PM

Baker!-!

um well this sounds really selfish and dumb but what is a way t obecome well known among the american otaku comunity (japanese otakus would be nice too but lets take this one step at a time) any ideas cause that it my goal to become i well known maybe even famous cosplayer or something ha ha it selfish i know but please dont get mad at me please   :'(

on a side note does anyone know any famous people amoung the otaku community and i am not talking about people like vic and aya hirano and wendi li (or is it lee i really dont know) people like umm idk maybe jin and miguel or people like that haha that didnt make sense huh ;)

on a related note my cosplay really sucked this year and i am sad because i thought it was good but it was bad :(

on a random note anyone thing otaku isnt the right word for our community i mean i dont know how t osay it but i know good otakus and bad otakus and narutards and deathnote freaks or have you guys ever met those " i have only seen one series and it pwns and i wont watch your series cuz my is teh best. :-X

OWWWW now my fingers hurt so please people hear me out  :'(

MEGANE 8)
WAHHHHHHHHH where is patty and hiyori when you need them the most

cosplays for 09
main:Eevee ginjika ?%
Sides:Mitsuru 15% lol i have the hair naturally

h-chan

Have awesome costumes, enter many events at many conventions around the country, make lots of friends. And don't be a prude. We hate that.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Baker!-! on October 20, 2008, 08:58:10 PM
A jumbled mess of words that are barely coherent.

Huh?

If you want to become a famous cosplayer... cause a bunch of drama.

Yukari Kaiba

umm, if you're cosplaying because you want to become well known and famous..you're cosplaying for entirely the wrong reasons. You should cosplay because its something you enjoy doing, not as a way to gain notoriety and popularity in the cosplay community.

thats just my opinion though *shrug*
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Baker!-!

well i enjoy it alot and i dont quite understand why i want this goal but i know taht i do and i hafta reach it i am not quite shure how though

I will someday share my cosplay knowledge to everyone as i stand atop of my kingdoms of akiba nippon-bachi oosu and nakano buroduwai :o :o :-[ :-[ :-[ haha jk but i will share all i know about cosplaying to anyone that needs it

cosplays for 09

Jun-Watarase

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Baker!-!

cosplays for 09

Kazuko

Pics or gtfo :U

plz2blearning 2 spell kthx

Baker!-!

i am soooooo confizzled please explain

cosplays for 09

ToshiX

"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Kanzake

I wish you luck on your journeys, but i shall never look up to you as a king. Agreed with Yukari, cosplay for the sake of cosplay, not for fame D:
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

Chibblz

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on October 20, 2008, 09:39:54 PM
umm, if you're cosplaying because you want to become well known and famous..you're cosplaying for entirely the wrong reasons. You should cosplay because its something you enjoy doing, not as a way to gain notoriety and popularity in the cosplay community.

thats just my opinion though *shrug*
+1. :O

questionette

I don't think cosplay fame works that way.  It just happens.  If you're not the right person in the right costume, it's all bad (just ask Jesus!) - and you don't want to force it, because you'll look like you're trying too hard and people won't go for it.

However, I'm sure you could turn quite a few heads putting on a pair of butt shorts, a bikini top and a woman's wig - but please, please for the love of god DON'T.

PyronIkari

Quote from: questionette on October 21, 2008, 04:29:21 PM
I don't think cosplay fame works that way.  It just happens.  If you're not the right person in the right costume, it's all bad (just ask Jesus!) - and you don't want to force it, because you'll look like you're trying too hard and people won't go for it.

However, I'm sure you could turn quite a few heads putting on a pair of butt shorts, a bikini top and a woman's wig - but please, please for the love of god DON'T.

You guys are missing the point. He's not talking about 5min fame, like Jesus at this past fanime. He's talking long term fame. Adella, Yaya, Usagi Kou, etc.

And like I said... to become famous like that, you cause a bunch of drama. It doesn't matter how good your costumes are. That will get a thumbs up and you'll become a forgotten memory a day later. People remember drama. People remember that asshole that slept with that bitch, who cheated on him with that other asshole, and whored out in that one costume that didn't even look good, because she bought it off e-bay, and only won the masquerade because her friend was in the judges panel.

Either that, or be extremely attractive, to which false drama will appear around you.

Either way, this thread is incredibly stupid, the OP despite being 13, has the train of thought of a 6 yr. old, and every single one of his posts makes me want to punch him for being that stupid. And instead of getting off this constant sugar hi he seems to be on, and think semi-rationally about anything he posts, he thinks spamming is a good thing. He thinks one line replies that don't mean anything is what people like to read. He also seems to think that not thinking, and not looking up things for himself, is a good thing. Instead he just spams and asks everyone to do everything for him.

Yukari Kaiba

I think most of us who posted know what he's talking about regarding cosplay fame - we're just saying if thats the reason why he's cosplaying he's doing it for entirely the wrong reasons.
and not call famous cosplayers are known because they cause drama - Pikmin Link, Jin and Miguel, and Lord Masamune are examples of cosplayers who are known for their costumes and photos, not because of drama they cause.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

PyronIkari

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on October 22, 2008, 08:04:40 PM
I think most of us who posted know what he's talking about regarding cosplay fame - we're just saying if thats the reason why he's cosplaying he's doing it for entirely the wrong reasons.
and not call famous cosplayers are known because they cause drama - Pikmin Link, Jin and Miguel, and Lord Masamune are examples of cosplayers who are known for their costumes and photos, not because of drama they cause.

wwwwww Lord Masamune has hella drama, so does Pikmin Link. I don't know who the hell Jin and Miguel are.

otakuapprentice

Jesus @ Fanime is now a tradition.

if you want to cosplay for the reasons you stated, they're the wrong reasons.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Kazuko

Pretty much if you crave for the attention forever, someone didnt hug you as a child

either way what pyron said is true drama or really good looking is the way to go (lol pikman link)

I mean the costumes gotta be rockin' as well i mean you cant have a poorly made costume and expect epic fame

all the OP's reasons are pretty much of that of an attentionwhore and those dont get very far to be honest. Cosplay is about character appreciation, and that you do it for fun not for some instant fame

thats like if I went to karaoke and hope that some big recording artist from Japan will be sitting there and hopefully I get auto fame like hamasaki ayumi or utada
yeaah not gonna happen

Death_Note_Matt

Drama? Pikmin Link, what? I though she was nice when I met her X3, unless you guys are talking about a different one..then never mind >_>. I don't know who the heck Jin and Miguel is  :P But they must be something if you remember them.
But Yeah Drama is one way to go >_> if you want to get famous for the wrong reasons XB
So yeah with fame comes Drama Dx
There is bound to be some people who will hate on you and spread things about you ^_~But that goes to show that you did something right to be on their mind all the time...even if its for something bad.
Another Player has Entered the Game