2009 Batman Cosplay?

Started by Raymei, October 25, 2008, 02:06:03 PM

Raymei

Just curious (especially since the Dark Knight came out this previous summer) if anyone was planning on doing a Batman cosplay?
I'm making a Poison Ivy for Halloween and was mulling over whether or not to try our my first Con Cosplay at Fanime  (hmmm).

I'm pretty sure that my friends and I will be dressing as our Batman group again for San Diego's Comic Con (*if* they go, I got my reg), but I kinda want Fanime to be my first con-cosplay, I think  :)

Also!
If you are doing a character, which incarnation are you trying for?  ("Batman: The Animated Series", the Tim Burton series, The Dark Knight, a specific comic arc, or in some cases instances like "Nurse Joker" or if you're going as their "alter ego"  :)   )

Running "Roll Call"
(#) multiple people as same character

• Batgirl - (1) Reg. Batgirl
                      (2) New Batgirl (sewn mouth)
  • Joker        - Nurse Joker
  • Poison Ivy - (1) "B:tAS"/Dark Knight cross
                      (2)
  • Robin

h-chan

Kazuko

I will try to finish my poison Ivy for Fanime

hahah the bustier peice is the hardest to figure out

Mister_E

There was a Harley Quinn at Fanime '08 she might come back this year.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Raymei

Quote from: Kazuko on October 25, 2008, 03:00:54 PM
I will try to finish my poison Ivy for Fanime

hahah the bustier peice is the hardest to figure out

Tell me about it.
I had to figure out how to dye polyester/spandex blends  lol

http://flickr.com/photos/12925066@N08/sets/72157608341969775/

Didn't get a bad color out of it.  But it does look loads better when actually worn.  I'm still waiting for my tights but got my makeup/eyelashes figured out today.  I've had the red hair since I was 15, so we're good there  XD  lol

h-chan

Raymei

Quote from: h-chan on October 26, 2008, 04:29:23 PM
Very nice chronicling job!

lol Thanks!
I actually almost forgot four times times I wanted to take pictures (before dying, right when I started dying everything, when I started taping up the shoes, and painting the shoes  XD)

But yeah, I don't have a kind of funny memory, so I like to have references to compare steps along in different projects (which is why I need another external hard drive since I can't save over my image files when I work on them  T_T;;;;;;)

I'm a pack-rat of nearly useless information, if you will.  XD

Tabbychan

Although sadly, This was one of our bought costumes(In the process of 6 other cosplays right now so I bought my halloween) I have a Batgirl and my sister Robin xD

Raymei

meh, I don't think there's anything wrong with a bought costume (unless you're TRYING to pass it off like you made it).

I mean, I dyed mine and I'll be sewing on some leaves here and there, but it's not like I made my corset or the like  :P  More than welcome!  XD  (not to mention I really like Batgirl).
I'm going to edit the first post now to keep a running "roll call"  :)

Oh!
If we get a Harley and a Catwoman we can do a "Gotham Girls" photo or something lol

samcarter

man I've been putting this off but I'd love to do it this year ^_^ put me down for the new Batgirl (mouth sewn shut) or if I see that the other costumes I have lined up are weighing me down a little too much then Batgirl from Thrillkiller
Fanime 2014
* Princess Chibi Moon
* Loli Wolverine
* Loli Megaman

shinjiboy

Quote from: samcarter on December 16, 2008, 12:02:16 AM
man I've been putting this off but I'd love to do it this year ^_^ put me down for the new Batgirl (mouth sewn shut) or if I see that the other costumes I have lined up are weighing me down a little too much then Batgirl from Thrillkiller

Love that Batgirl costume (one w/ mouth sewn shut).