The Total Anime and Manga Recommendation/Suggestion Topic!

Started by LordKefka, October 31, 2008, 03:10:26 PM

Gekido 87

You should try watching "Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei," it got me laughing so hard or "Full Metal Panic."
I'm in Despair!

BumbleB

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is an awesome series. Very bloody and disturbing but addicting. My friend is also auditioning for a role in the game.

Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

Seiyuu

I highly recommend Eureka Seven. : D
Read the manga for gorgeous art and tragic ends. It's a tear-jerker~

I'm currently reading Amatsuki, which has LOVELY art, lolz, and very interesting so far.

Then there's Katekyo Hitman Reborn for the lolz/crack and beautiful mafia men.

And of course, Rabbit Doubt. Most exciting thriller manga I've ever read in my puny life. Made me draw gory rabbit heads all over for weeks. Zoomed through the 20 chapters in two nights. Proceeded to scare classmates. <D;

Baker!-!

i like 4 genres

1.(my favorite) psychological anime like psycho head and HIGURASHI NONAKU KORO NI

2. Tear jerking romantic comody like shuffle and clannad

3. stuff like lucky star azumanga and pani poni dash

4. just plain hilarious anime

also i dont want something with a (naruto or bleach) amount of episodes

WAHHHHHHHHH where is patty and hiyori when you need them the most

cosplays for 09
main:Eevee ginjika ?%
Sides:Mitsuru 15% lol i have the hair naturally

PyronIkari

Quote from: Baker!-! on May 10, 2009, 10:36:42 PM
i like 4 genres

1.(my favorite) psychological anime like psycho head and HIGURASHI NONAKU KORO NI

2. Tear jerking romantic comody like shuffle and clannad

3. stuff like lucky star azumanga and pani poni dash

4. just plain hilarious anime

also i dont want something with a (naruto or bleach) amount of episodes

Everything you say contradicts each other. Higurashi wasn't psychological at all... it was "CRAZY PEOPLE ARE CRAZY!!!!!!" That was it. What is so psychological about that?

Atleast Chaos;head attempted to be(but failed) psychological.

Shuffle... tear jerking? Clannad some can argue that it was... but tear jerking is like... Grave of the Fireflies, or like... 1 episode of Air. Kanon and Clannad both sucked comparatively. But back to Shuffle... what the hell was tear jerking about Shuffle? Everything was so predictable and it's typical harem stuff. Love Hina is tear jerking too huh? Cuz Su's sister is crazy!

3. I'm 99% certain you didn't get 80% of the stuff in Lucky Star and Pani Poni. Hell I'd be surprised if *I* caught 80% of the stuff in those two. KocheKame is the original awesome series of stuff like this though, but seriously, most of the comedy is so Japanese, even more so than Pani Poni, Zetsubou Sensei, and Lucky Star.

Baker!-!

well i liked higurashi in general i thought it was a little psychological shuffle was sad at a few parts and CLANNAD IS EXTREMLY TEAR JERKING um also i got alot of jokes in lucky star and um ya you gave me no sugestions at all
WAHHHHHHHHH where is patty and hiyori when you need them the most

cosplays for 09
main:Eevee ginjika ?%
Sides:Mitsuru 15% lol i have the hair naturally

LordKefka

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

PyronIkari

Quote from: Baker!-! on May 10, 2009, 11:43:00 PM
well i liked higurashi in general i thought it was a little psychological shuffle was sad at a few parts and CLANNAD IS EXTREMLY TEAR JERKING um also i got alot of jokes in lucky star and um ya you gave me no sugestions at all

Actually I did... lrn2rd.

Jun-Watarase

As much as I like the Higurashi franchise, it isn't psychological. I wish people stop saying it was, as if it had some sort of deep philosophy to it. The cast is psycho, sure, but that doesn't make it "psychological". Naruto is even more "psychological" than Higurashi is. Chaos;Head, even less than that.

But hey, you know what's a tear jerker? HAJIME NO IPPO.

As for suggestions, I don't know. For Baker, I'd assume he'd like something like Karin.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

LordKefka

Manly tears though. I dunno if she's ready to be a man...

God... that sounded completely off and wrong in so many ways ...=_=;
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

aly-in-wonderland

I'm looking for a nice Shoujo manga to read (: (Shoujo that is "over the top" comedy).
Any reccommendations?

PyronIkari

Quote from: aly-in-wonderland on May 12, 2009, 04:29:39 AM
I'm looking for a nice Shoujo manga to read (: (Shoujo that is "over the top" comedy).
Any reccommendations?

Gakuen Alice is one of the best comics I've read in a loooooooooong time.

XpHoBiaX

Maybe a few of you anime gurus can help me out...I'll do my best to explain what I was watching, as I can't remember the name at all. This is a horror genre I sorta liked watching...I apologize for being vague.

This story took place in ancient times, but it is based off a murder story/urban legend. It was sort of like "The Grudge" IMO. I want to say "Yuki Onna" but that doesn't seem to sound quite right.
In short, rich woman marries into rich family, has a kid, gets a fever. Husband cheats, wife is poisoned by hubby's g/f...Spirit of wife kills people. Mostly the family of the hubbys new g/f turned wife.

Meanwhile, it's a whole mashup of foul play amongst other characters and ghosts are popping up all over the place. One man is huanted by his friends' corpse, and there is a woman who has a white kimono in a wash basin that suddenly starts bleeding...and weirdness. This woman happens to be the friend of the woman who was poisoned.

There were so many individual character storylines that added to the main plot, I don't want to type anymore without it getting confusing. @_@

After that series was another one, but only 2 episodes. It was about these immortal beings in a castle, that fed off of human life force. They sorta looked like elves...and if they expressed feelings of love...they would physicaly become hurt and die. At least that is what I gathered.  O_o

If this rings a bell, please let me know. I would really like to finish watching that. Or any other similar type anime.
Manga suggestions would be nice too.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

oc3anofdr3ams

Quote from: potatofreek on January 03, 2009, 12:29:05 PM
I need a new manga to read. Anything similar to Bleach and D. Gray Man?

Try Soul Eater.  I watched the anime, and it's frikkin' awesome.  The manga's great too.

Remi Leopold

Everyone should watch Fist of the North Star and Saint Seiya.
No exceptions.

Liquid

Berserk. Watch the anime first...then you will have no choice but to read the manga. *evil laughter*

I dunno if it's saying much, but it's ranked #1 in manga on myanimelist.net
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

PyronIkari

Quote from: Liquid on June 22, 2009, 03:01:56 PM
Berserk. Watch the anime first...then you will have no choice but to read the manga. *evil laughter*

I dunno if it's saying much, but it's ranked #1 in manga on myanimelist.com

It's also never going to end because the writer quit and has become a VIPPER.

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PyronIkari

VIP is a subforum on 2ch where people waste their lives spamming and commenting on retarded stuff.

That he's so obsessed with im@s that he quit writing Berserk.