The Total Anime and Manga Recommendation/Suggestion Topic!

Started by LordKefka, October 31, 2008, 03:10:26 PM

JohnnyAR

Now that Hellsing is nearing it's end, I am seeking other vampire anime. I've watched some of Vampire Hunter D, finished Rosario Vampire (which disappointed me a bit), been meaning to watch Tsukihime, same with Vampire Princess Miyu. Does anyone know of any others?

DentyneIce408

You should try Black Blood Brothers, I haven't finished watching it myself. Has lots to do about vampires. There's Vampire Knight, didn't really get into it much.
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

LordKefka

Black Blood Brothers...ewww. I remember watching that like 3 years ago. Main character was like a clone of Van from Gun Sword..-_-;

I would try Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. You could also check out Blood: The Last Vampire then follow it up with Blood+.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Myth

GURREN LAGANN. c: Probably heard it/seen it before, but that doesn't stop it from being a totally kickass anime.

MANGA:
Strawberry Panic. I HIGHLYHIGHLYHIGHLY recommend the manga! Stay away from the anime. o3o; The manga art is gorgeous, and the plot is pretty good. This is a hit for anyone who likes shojo with some girlxgirl love. < 3 Plus the uniforms are adorable.

Zone-00. Tokyopop JUST released the first book. The art is SUPER cool, and the characters are amazing and hilarious. :D Many of them are begging to be cosplayed, although their clothing is pretty damn detailed.
A demon and an exorcist team up (not unwillingly) to find the creator of a drug called Zone-00, witch is causing all the demons in Tokyo city to go crazy and kill people!

howls_angel_basket

My (so far) top anime list! YAY  :D

okay.......

Ouran High School Host Club
Shugo CHara
Vampire Knight
Majiin Tentai Nagami Neuro
CardCardcaptor Sakura
Full Metal Alchemist!!
D.N. Angel
Higurashi
Black Butler
Lucky Star

d man n

ok well im just looking for some new manga/anime um i usually like something with action but still a good plot ( no sensless gore)
Will there be LEMON!!!!???????

Liquid

Quote from: G.I.R on November 10, 2008, 08:43:55 PM
Quote from: lalalandla on November 10, 2008, 08:38:09 PM
I'm looking for some anime that get seriously confusing and depressing towards the end, like Evangelion. Please help me :o

Then May I suggest Elfen Leid (if you don't mind the violence).

Bokurano. Seriously, a pretty screwed up anime in terms of psychology.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

DentyneIce408

If you like harem genre, check out these:

• Nagasarete Airantō
• Macademi Wasshoi
• Nyan Koi!
• Love Hina
• Seto no Hayanomi
• To Love-ru
• KissxSis
• Nuiguru Mix
• Sumomo Momomomo
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

mDuo13

Quote from: Liquid on November 09, 2009, 02:27:18 PM
Quote from: G.I.R on November 10, 2008, 08:43:55 PM
Quote from: lalalandla on November 10, 2008, 08:38:09 PM
I'm looking for some anime that get seriously confusing and depressing towards the end, like Evangelion. Please help me :o

Then May I suggest Elfen Leid (if you don't mind the violence).

Bokurano. Seriously, a pretty screwed up anime in terms of psychology.
Saishuuheiki Kanojo is a little confusing at the end and depressing the whole way through! [but seriously it is a pretty OK show]

AthenaAngie

Quote from: JohnnyAR on July 17, 2009, 06:01:22 PM
Now that Hellsing is nearing it's end, I am seeking other vampire anime. I've watched some of Vampire Hunter D, finished Rosario Vampire (which disappointed me a bit), been meaning to watch Tsukihime, same with Vampire Princess Miyu. Does anyone know of any others?

I agree with LordKefka's recommendations and you could also try Dance in the Vampire Bund~

LordKefka

Blah... I'm so behind on stuff. I only recently finished Railgun but I did notice that new vampire anime above and been meaning to check it out.... hmm
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

PyronIkari

Quote from: LordKefka on April 27, 2010, 11:18:52 PM
Blah... I'm so behind on stuff. I only recently finished Railgun but I did notice that new vampire anime above and been meaning to check it out.... hmm

New? Bund actually was kinda crappy. It ends after the first arc of the comic, and really doesn't accomplish much. Shaft needs to stop picking up long series and only running it for one series.

LordKefka

Yeah I know... I'm so behind on things atm ~_~

But yeah good info. Sounds like something I should avoid to save myself the time and catch up on other stuff.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 27, 2010, 11:36:19 PM
Quote from: LordKefka on April 27, 2010, 11:18:52 PM

New? Bund actually was kinda crappy. It ends after the first arc of the comic, and really doesn't accomplish much. Shaft needs to stop picking up long series and only running it for one series.
Agreed.
Bund was all right but cutting it short F-ed me off.
Reminds me of how Index was cut short. Though not quite as bad =P

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

isshinkun

anyone know of an anime that involves motorcycle racing?

InsaneChan

It's quite popular now, although for anyone who liked God Child and D.Gray Man, then I highly suggest reading the manga Kuroshitsuji ("Black Butler"). Lot's of eye candy.

For slice-of-life manga, if you're looking for something relaxing and funny (comfort manga I guess?), then I also recommend Yotsuba&! It's a super cute manga about a really strange girl xD it's by the same guy who did Azumanga Daioh.
Love. Life. fANIME.

PyronIkari

Quote from: isshinkun on May 18, 2010, 02:35:02 AM
anyone know of an anime that involves motorcycle racing?

Rideback... sorta. The focus isn't on the riding(and they're not just motorcycles, they're like motorcycle mech changing things. It's a beautiful series, it's not great, the story is mediocre, but the art direction is absolutely beautiful for some reason.

Other than that, I really can't think of a "motorcycle racing" anime off the top of my head.

ShadowKnight508

Hmm...here are the anime shows that I would recomend to others (Warning: The shows marked with *** are Ecchi/Harem shows)

1. Sora no Otoshimono***
2. Kampfer***

3. Trigun
4. FullMetal Alchemist (and Brotherhood, if you prefer it following the manga better than the original FMA)
5. Kaze no Stigma
6. Elfen Lied
7. Bleach
8. Ghost in the Shell (Stand Alone Complex, S.A.C. Solid State Society, and S.A.C. 2nd GIG)
9. Rosario + Vampire (and Capu2)***

Watch Bleach and enjoy! (but I will warn you about the Bount Arc...it is long and quite frustrating in some cases to watch)

Currently doing massive wiki edits on AnimeVice. Will be doing cosplay photos at FanimeCon for AnimeVice's site. T-minus 3 days to FanimeCon!

Planned Cons: FanimeCon 2011, KinToki-Con 2011, SACAnime 2011
http://shadowknight508.deviantart.com/gallery

rockmanpet

Hey guys, just joined but as for recommended animes and mangas:

Anime: there are so many to watch I use Crunchyroll to watch as many as I can and been watching Hokuto no Ken, Naruto and Bleach of course, Fairy Tail os pretty good and always have enjoyed code Geass

Mangas: No bra is a trippy one to read, I like our student council pres is a maid, Getbackers and Goldenboy (even thou it goes really hentai ecchi towards the the end)