Barack Obama is the President!

Started by L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu, November 05, 2008, 10:16:21 AM

Mizuki

Wow, okay Yuu. I know you're going to read this, because no one ever truly stops reading a thread they posted in.

Other than what other people have said, i.e. not paying attention to a thing about this whole election, why don't you look at republicans. Are they any better? Beating around the bush to try and make the other person look bad.

I wish there was a "filter out idiots" for this board because there's a TON of them.

Yuu

Quote from: Mizuki on November 10, 2008, 03:22:37 PM
Wow, okay Yuu. I know you're going to read this, because no one ever truly stops reading a thread they posted in.

Other than what other people have said, i.e. not paying attention to a thing about this whole election, why don't you look at republicans. Are they any better? Beating around the bush to try and make the other person look bad.

I wish there was a "filter out idiots" for this board because there's a TON of them.

They do have 'idiot filter. aka Ignore feature.
You are half correct. I DO continue to read the threads, buit through the idiot filter.

I agree with you compeltley, the afore mentioned is why I hate politics in general. It just happened to be the topic at hand.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Yuu on November 12, 2008, 08:58:02 AM
You are half correct. I DO continue to read the threads, buit through the idiot filter.

I agree with you compeltley, the afore mentioned is why I hate politics in general. It just happened to be the topic at hand.

Really? Because I still see you, despite you being an idiot.

Ignore feature =/= Idiot filter. And I don't exactly understand why you're asking a moderator, and a moderator of the debate/discussion board to make use of the ignore feature. The only people who use the ignore feature are those who whine about people they don't like or feel pissed off that they've been challenged with something they don't want to deal with (i.e. you). The ignore feature is bad because especially in a board like this, having people on ignore only leaves chunks left out of what has been contributed in said discussion and makes things broken and unorganized. The only time that I feel advocates the ignore feature is spammed troll posts with poor humor and macros.

Out of all the posts directed at your stupidity, even not including Mikey's, and yet you still failed to see why you're wrong. Okay, let's make it simple.

You: Obama's campaign sucks. All he says is "CHANGE!!!" but no mention of what he's changing.

Mikey: I guess you haven't watched the debates. He actually discussed what he was planning on changing. (Wow, reading this over, he didn't even insult you at all! Crazy sh*t.)

You: Well, I didn't watch the election at all! I'm just regurgitating what other stupid people tell me! But I'M GOING TO IGNORE YOU BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE YOUR WORDS.

Us: Wow... (Here's us being astounded by said stupidity.)

And also, good job of missing the point of Mizuki's post. He offered you the pity and a subject for you to reply to so you contributed to the conversation, that you failed to address and further dug yourself a hole into stupidity. Good job.

Really, make sure you actually KNOW SOMETHING about the subject before you say anything, as in THINK before you speak before you start irritating others with your jargon in a serious discussion. Actually, thinking before you speak is sort of recommended... for everything. Try it sometime.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

astroboy

*nods head in approval*  ;D

Quote from: the first post"I'm certainly happy. I hope to see a change.
What do others expect of Barack? Greatness or fail? I've heard alot of people feel abit iffy on his policies and stuff.
Fail

and here's why.
People are expecting waaaay too much from the man.
It's as if people think he's going to pay our mortgage and put gas in our cars. *seriously*
Peggy Joseph Thinks She Won't Need To Worry

Woah with expectations that high it's a guarantee Obama will fail.  :D

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: astroboy on November 12, 2008, 10:56:18 AM
It's as if people think he's going to pay our mortgage and put gas in our cars. *seriously*

IAWTC. I'm glad someone mentioned it, actually. A lot of satire even addresses the issue of high expectations. Bush managed to cause a lot of damage for the country and its reputation, and Obama has the intention to improving that, but to the people, it extends to all major problems in their lives. The expectations for change are set to "Change = All the problems in my life, as an American, will be gone". But it isn't difficult to realize that that isn't true, and that things will take a whole 180.

Rationally, people would accept and be satisfied with the fact that things are put up to improve and that change means improvement, but the American people aren't typically rational people. It's still very early, though-- the election has shown that the people find Obama a good leader, but it takes more time to observe what he does to determine if he's a great one.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

PyronIkari

Quote from: astroboy on November 12, 2008, 10:56:18 AM
*nods head in approval*  ;D

Quote from: the first post"I'm certainly happy. I hope to see a change.
What do others expect of Barack? Greatness or fail? I've heard alot of people feel abit iffy on his policies and stuff.
Fail

and here's why.

Then that's an expectation that will fail, not him as president. I honestly think he'll do fine, he might not completely fix everything, but he'll do a good job as president.

astroboy

now that we all had a good laugh at Peggy Joseph in the video or should I say Peggy the Moocher,

Yes - Obama will Fail.
No - it will not be his fault.
Look at it this way, was it Herbert Hoover's fault that the USA had a great depression? ---> obviously not
Poor Herbert Hoover was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The market moves on it's own cycles quite often with very little regard for who is in office.
I am convinced that 4 years from now the economy will be in worse shape then it is now. Why?, because that's how the market works.
Sometimes things go up and sometimes they go down.

now here comes the "interesting part" IMHO. Will Americans reelect Obama in 2012 or blame him?
What's Obama's game plan?
I think he will try to imitate FDR and it will fail.
I have my reasons.