HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUN-WATARASE ;O

Started by Kazuko, November 07, 2008, 01:17:14 AM

Jun-Watarase

Haha, I assumed your family was at least upper middle-class, because, well, Sean's family definately is, so it seemed like that sort of income was average in your private school. XD Plus, quite a bit of the caucasian girls there seemed pretty spoiled.

But yes, I'm definitely only buying things from Anna Sui once I get to try them in-person. I was wondering how you ordered them, because you live so far away from all the stores, here. There isn't one in San Francisco, but I believe there's one in Melrose down in LA. I can't wait until I go! I'm definitely going to pick up at least foundation, eyeshadow, and lip pigments, but still am bummed out that the dolly limited edition lip sticks are discontinued.

But yes, Kanebo can be decent, especially in comparison to most drugstore brands (I refuse to buy most of the stuff you find in Walgreens, especially if it smells funny.) I use some Kanebo products, but only for very simple stuff, whereas for most I would prefer something more higher-quality. My favorite primer so far is the Photofinish primer from Smashbox. The texture is crazy smooth, like satin.

As for Marc Jacob's Daisy, yeah, I admit it's actually pretty light. But pertaining why perfumes change in aroma over time, it's because professional perfumes are built to have certain notes in fragrance to appear at different times. The initial scent is the impression that you get from the perfume when you apply it, which is called the top note. As time passes, what lasts the longest once the top notes dissipate, the heart notes appear. At the end when the heart notes are about to depart comes the base notes, which are the last impression of the fragrance that doesn't appear until at least a half hour later. Cool, huh? Professional perfume nez's have to pay attention to the body and construction of perfume based on creating notes that go well together.

And that necklace is so cute! I love Juicy Couture stuff, so I was really surprised and elated by the thoughtfulness of Mikey's gift, and the fact that he remembers the brands I like. =)

EDIT: Oh yeah! Speaking of Mikey and fragrances, I do like some of Burberry scents, though I'm not well acquainted with them, I'm not familiar at all with their men's fragrances. Also, I'm not even sure what's suitable for Mikey yet. He's pretty masculine, but not over-the-top. I wonder if he pulls off nautical scents.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 11, 2008, 04:07:42 PM
Haha, I assumed your family was at least upper middle-class, because, well, Sean's family definately is, so it seemed like that sort of income was average in your private school. XD Plus, quite a bit of the caucasian girls there seemed pretty spoiled.
Don't even get me started with this...... >.>;

But yes, I'm definitely only buying things from Anna Sui once I get to try them in-person. I was wondering how you ordered them, because you live so far away from all the stores, here. There isn't one in San Francisco, but I believe there's one in Melrose down in LA. I can't wait until I go! I'm definitely going to pick up at least foundation, eyeshadow, and lip pigments, but still am bummed out that the dolly limited edition lip sticks are discontinued.
When were they out? I never saw them in stores...

But yes, Kanebo can be decent, especially in comparison to most drugstore brands (I refuse to buy most of the stuff you find in Walgreens, especially if it smells funny.)
Oh you'd love the smell of Anna Sui cosmetics... I wanted to eat myself after I did my nails and make-up for my brother's wedding...
I smelled better than the rose bouquet... Lol..

As for Marc Jacob's Daisy, yeah, I admit it's actually pretty light. But pertaining why perfumes change in aroma over time, it's because professional perfumes are built to have certain notes in fragrance to appear at different times. The initial scent is the impression that you get from the perfume when you apply it, which is called the top note. As time passes, what lasts the longest once the top notes dissipate, the heart notes appear. At the end when the heart notes are about to depart comes the base notes, which are the last impression of the fragrance that doesn't appear until at least a half hour later. Cool, huh? Professional perfume nez's have to pay attention to the body and construction of perfume based on creating notes that go well together.
Some perfumes like the Miss Dior Chere retain their unique fragrance longer... Daisy is very... Fragile, when I expose the perfumes to harsher environments, Miss Dior Chere seems to be the more resistant to change... That's what I was having a hard time with...
I love the initial smell of Daisy.. (and was going to buy it) but after a while... I really didn't like the secondary smell.... Now that I think about it.. I would rather buy Daisy... >.>; Sigh......

And that necklace is so cute! I love Juicy Couture stuff, so I was really surprised and elated by the thoughtfulness of Mikey's gift, and the fact that he remembers the brands I like. =)
You don't come by these types of people often... >.>;
Can't say I'm not jealous.. Lol..
My brothers either seek advice from my sister (who's fashion sense is waaaay different from mine)...
Or just buys stuff they like and give it to me... I'm still glad they will ocassional take me shopping instead of buying stuff for me themselves...

Edit: I'm going to Japan (hopefully) during the summer... I may see you there if you are over there during the summer...

Jun-Watarase

Haha, well, Mikey needed to ask for some help from one of my friends too. He's good, but not that good. XD

I don't really know when they discontinued the dolly girl bonjour l'amore lipsticks, but I do know that they're gone and almost impossible to get a hold of. And yes, it's very much true that Miss Dior Cherie > Daisy Marc Jacobs. Daisy is a very casual fragrance, and I do admit it's fragile. But again, it's very casual and cheaper/available than most professional fragrances from what I recall, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now. I mean, if you were to give me the option of with I'd want more, it'd definitely be Miss Dior Cherie.

I really like the smell of Tarte cosmetics. They all have their own scents most of the time, and they don't smell too cheap and toy-like, either. Tarte cosmetics aren't super expensive, either-- I love them for their cheek stains and lip glosses.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 11, 2008, 04:31:37 PM
Haha, well, Mikey needed to ask for some help from one of my friends too. He's good, but not that good. XD

I don't really know when they discontinued the dolly girl bonjour l'amore lipsticks, but I do know that they're gone and almost impossible to get a hold of. And yes, it's very much true that Miss Dior Cherie > Daisy Marc Jacobs. Daisy is a very casual fragrance, and I do admit it's fragile. But again, it's very casual and cheaper/available than most professional fragrances from what I recall, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now. I mean, if you were to give me the option of with I'd want more, it'd definitely be Miss Dior Cherie.

I really like the smell of Tarte cosmetics. They all have their own scents most of the time, and they don't smell too cheap and toy-like, either. Tarte cosmetics aren't super expensive, either-- I love them for their cheek stains and lip glosses.

We should go make-up shopping sometime... It may be fun... =3
GAH. I'm supposed to be finished with two essays right now... >.>;
Oh well... Guess I'll have to work like a night owl..

I'm not using Miss Dior Chere as much as I'd like to, most of my lotions have some sort of smell on them... So I don't want to have two strong fragrances together... I need to find a good body lotion that gives me UV protection and doesn't smell... >.>;

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Rei-Rei on November 11, 2008, 04:36:53 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 11, 2008, 04:31:37 PM

We should go make-up shopping sometime... It may be fun... =3
GAH. I'm supposed to be finished with two essays right now... >.>;
Oh well... Guess I'll have to work like a night owl..

I'm not using Miss Dior Chere as much as I'd like to, most of my lotions have some sort of smell on them... So I don't want to have two strong fragrances together... I need to find a good body lotion that gives me UV protection and doesn't smell... >.>;

Yeah, that would be fun. Maybe even save up a ton of money to go on vacation and blow it all at Melrose. lol

But yeah, currently I don't have the money for fragrances but I'll probably pick up either Misaki Matsushima's Pretty&Pink and maybe Miss Dior Cherie for myself one day. I pretty much just wear the mists I have from VS and Bath and Body Works (plus the new VS mists from Kazuko) for after I shower, and leave with that. I heard the lotions of L'Occitane are pretty good, so I have some for the winter coming in the mail soon. I'm VEEEEEEERY picky when it comes to cream-lotions because some of them feel like you're spreading butter into your pores. But for winter, some water-based moisturizers just aren't enough. You should invest into finding scentless or lightly scented lotions, though. The fragrances are said to not be very good for skin. And since you plan on using perfumes, anyway, it isn't much of a loss.

Now, go do your essay!

FanimaidCafe.com

Steve.Young

Uhm, the subject of makeup and what not has gone completely over my head.

The only time I have had makeup on was during the school plays/musicals where you sorta had to... (/cry). I didn't even DO my own makeup...reading this stuff makes me /boggle.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Mister_E

I've only wore it four times, once for a joke and three times for a Halloween costume and two of those times was just a bit of eyeliner under one eye. (For Alex from A Clockwork Orange from two years ago and this Halloween for a Blackeye.)
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Steve.Young on November 12, 2008, 08:13:52 AM
Uhm, the subject of makeup and what not has gone completely over my head.

The only time I have had makeup on was during the school plays/musicals where you sorta had to... (/cry). I didn't even DO my own makeup...reading this stuff makes me /boggle.

Hahaha. Cosmetic artists that work specifically in theatrical cosmetics and ones that work for beauty are COMPLETELY different. With theatrical make-up, it's your job to make the actors and actresses look adequate for presentation, e.g. less flaws or emphasizing certain areas, highlighting, shading, etc. But theatrical cosmetics breaks into huge sub-categories that are significantly different from each other-- in cinematic make-up, the aim is to simply make the characters seem natural or flawless, or special effects make-up, which can turn out to be very extreme and include the use of prosthetics, mostly in horror films. Theatrical make up is also very extreme and distinguished, because they have to make sure that the people in the audience are able to make out the characters' features.

And beauty make-up is a more open field. When it's to present a product, they have to make sure that everything is applied onto the model's face, professionally, so that everything appears consistent and of the likeness of what the product should look like if included in your look. With photoshoots and runway modeling, it's a more open field. The models are the make up artists' canvas, the photographer is the one that captures and interprets it so artists must make sure that it'll appear nicely on film. Preferences of what the make generally should be is dependent on the client or what the photos are for.

FanimaidCafe.com

_Rena_

If I was a moderator for this board I'd change the name of this thread to "Jun's makeup help"

Oops this is Mizuki lol

ININ

Happy belated birthday, Jun.  Make sure you register to vote for the 2010 mid-year elections.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: _Rena_ on November 12, 2008, 11:48:23 AM
Oops this is Mizuki lol

ur gay

Quote from: ININ on November 12, 2008, 11:56:20 AM
Happy belated birthday, Jun.  Make sure you register to vote for the 2010 mid-year elections.

Thanks! Can you believe I was only 3 days off? lol

By the way, I know we've met under many other occasions but just so I remember correctly-- were you the one who I taught how to play Shogi that one time at Lisu's apartment?

FanimaidCafe.com

Steve.Young

Like i said, makeup talk goes way over my head. Apparently there's a difference, I wouldn't know.  ;D
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Rei-Rei

Oops this is Mizuki lol

Mizuki's just jealous that he gets no make-up action. =O
Come on.. I know you have a pink lip gloss hiding somewhere in your purse.....

Steve.Young

Quote from: Rei-Rei on November 12, 2008, 02:33:36 PM
Oops this is Mizuki lol

Mizuki's just jealous that he gets no make-up action. =O
Come on.. I know you have a pink lip gloss hiding somewhere in your purse.....

Wait...Mizuki has a purse?
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Mizuki

JohnnyAR

Rei-Rei

Kazuko

Quote from: Rei-Rei on November 12, 2008, 07:44:33 PM
Quote from: _Rena_ on November 12, 2008, 05:39:29 PM
Quote from: Mizuki on November 12, 2008, 05:20:01 PM
I have a purse?

I know how it looks like. :I
Mizuki stole this from me!

That's why I know he has a purse!
OH MAN D: I WANT IT if they had a my melody one I would go to town on it

Mizuki

Quote from: _Rena_ on November 12, 2008, 05:39:29 PM
Quote from: Mizuki on November 12, 2008, 05:20:01 PM
I have a purse?

I know how it looks like. :I

You were supposed to be quiet about it :|.

No curry for you tommorow.