Kazuko

Quote from: Ninj4 on November 10, 2008, 11:57:44 PM
Jun's mom is hot.
Hell yeah she is man ;3
and Jun has the cutest pictures of her as a kid

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jun-Watarase

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Ninj4

... There's a good reason WHY I lurk on these boards...

Mizuki

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 10, 2008, 03:20:12 PM
Quote from: Rei-Rei on November 10, 2008, 03:10:00 PM
Quote from: Mizuki on November 09, 2008, 06:24:52 PM
I'm going to go cry in my corner with my Louise pillow now.

Perhaps you want to treat all of us who turned 18 this year to a grand shopping spree? =3

Haha, yeah. If stores accepted currency in the negatives.

I'd still be considered rich in...Zimbabwe or something.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Mizuki on November 11, 2008, 12:49:14 AM

Perhaps you want to treat all of us who turned 18 this year to a grand shopping spree? =3

Dude, homeless people here could be considered rich in Zimbabwe.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 11, 2008, 12:51:00 AM

Hahahahahahaha.

Anyway, since Kazuko posted photos of some of her cosmetics on the Member Pics thread, I decided to take a few of my own, but I decided against posting them on that thread so I don't spam the hell out of people with cosmetic photos. ww

- - -

Yay! Posting my collection with photos, too. Nothing really special, other than the pretty designer Juicy Couture gift tissue these were taken on given to me by Mikey's awesome birthday gift. :D

My camera phone sucks, plus, it doesn't have flash so you can clearly see my shadow blocking my mediocre lighting. I swear, if I am to ever get into photography, I am splurging on lighting equipment.

Here we go! PREPARE FOR BEAUTY SPAM. : DDDDDD

On the right is my semi-daily skincare regimen. If you think that's a lot, there's more in the shower which was too wet to put on the tissue, but no point in posting those anyway. The top two containers, right is Nordic Skin Peel by Skyn, which is a chemical exfoliant, and the right is moisturizer/brightening cream from Sekkisei Kose. Then from left to right in tubes/bottles are a deep facial cleanser by Biore, a exfoliating scrub by H2^O+, Shiseido toner, lotion and body milk from Sala, and a generic oil-blotting tissue.

On the left photo is face cosmetics, MAC Studio Fix powder foundation, Make-Up For Ever HD foundation (Yes, foundation comes in HD now!), Bare Essentials mineral veil finishing powder, highlighter in Dandelion by Benefit, cheek stains in Posh, Fierce, and Chic by Tarte Couture, Benefit powder concealer, mineral foundations and concealer by Sheer Cover, and blushes from MAC and Lorac.

Left photo is selected lip colors that I like and use most often. From left to right are a couple of Stila lip glazes, Buxom Lips in Bambi by Bare Essentials, vitamin-infused lipgloss in 40 Winks by Tarte, a couple of lip sticks by Benefit, a gloss by Beauty Rush Victoria's Secret, and another lipstick by Stila. My favorites are the Buxom Lips and Tarte lip glosses.

Right is eye make-up, the huge palette ion the left is a limited edition Book of Shadows by Urban Decay featuring their most popular shadows, a pot of Benefit cream shadow/liner, a pot of MAC gel liner, a cool MAC liner that's all shiny blue-green, MAC eyeliner pencils, a couple of drug-store liner pens and liquid pens, black soft kohl by Rimmel London, Glam Eyes mascara by Rimmel London, my favorite mascara by Too Faced called Lash Injection, A couple of shadows by Lorac and Too Faced, and some off to the side by Prestige and Maybeline from when I was too cheap to buy other brands.

A photo of the lovely Victoria's Secret body mists I got from Kazuko, and my must-take-with-me accessories which are that limited edition plaid Hello Kitty clutch, that huge compact mirror, and occasionally that face brush I got from Sheer Cover.

And here's the Smashbox brush set I spoiled myself with.

Aren't you grateful that I didn't post this on the Member Pics thread? lol

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Steve.Young

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 11, 2008, 12:51:00 AM

No, no they couldn't.

Now if you picked a country like swaziland or lesotho, then yes...yes they could.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Steve.Young on November 11, 2008, 01:41:23 AM
No, no they couldn't.

Now if you picked a country like swaziland or lesotho, then yes...yes they could.

I beg to differ! My friend comes from Lesotho and well... >.>;
She has a RIDICULOUSLY HUGE wardrobe...
*Jealousy....*

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 11, 2008, 01:09:02 AM
Yay! Posting my collection with photos, too. Nothing really special, other than the pretty designer Juicy Couture gift tissue these were taken on given to me by Mikey's awesome birthday gift. :D
Awww.. What did he buy you??

---   ---   ---

Since everyone's posting pics of their cosmetics... I'm going to share my collection too...
Ignore the odd coloring of the pictures... I have no idea what happened...

In the first image:
The four items on the left side are two sets of foundation and primer. The top set is composed of my liquid foundation, followed by UV foundation primer from the Coffret D'Or collection by Kanebo.  Under that, we have the Anna Sui liquid foundation and primer respectively.  On the far right side, we have foundation by Bobbi Brown and a mousse type primer by Shu Uemura.  Now some people have been wondering why I would have three sets of foundation... For me it's just personal choice from day to day... And the fact I'm still trying out different types of foundation, so far I'm about to ditch Kanebo and stick with Anna Sui since it gives me a smoother texture.
In the center, the first row is composed of Bobbi brown products.  We have the neutral colors eyeshadow (with an insane amount of glitter in them), and loose powder.  The next row is brown tints and quarto-colored blush from Maquillage by Shisedo.  Third row is basically two pressed powder by Kanebo and Anna Sui respectively... I'm leaning towards the Anna Sui pressed powder since the case is cuter and the powder is well, more fine...

In the second image:
The top row is made up of all MAC cosmetics except the bottle with the clear stuff in it. First we have the cream color base for the eyes, followed by a Blushbaby blush.  The pink compact is a limited edition three color set (white, pink and dark purple) from MAC. The next item is a thermal lip gloss from Anna Sui that changes color according to your temperature; trust me, it gets very pink.... And then followed by a fruity limited edition lip gloss from MAC.
Second row is composed of an Anna Sui mirror, two mascaras from Shu Uemura and Mac, two lipsticks from Shisedo and Bobbi Brown, and lip gloss from Bobbi Brown.  The last bottle there is the gel eyeliner from MAC.

Third Picture:
We have my brush collection with an Anna Sui Mirror.
The first and second brush are both for well, anywhere you want it to go, from Bobbi Brown and Oriental Princess... The third is a blush brush from Shu Uemura. The fourth and fifth brush are both eyeshadow brushes from MAC. Sixth is the only thing I got from Sephora... Seventh is also from MAC... Eight brush looks a bit dirty but that's because I had a hard time using the gel eyeliner from MAC.  Next comes another Oriental Princess eyebrow brush... Followed by two lip gloss/stick brushes from Anna Sui and Mac... The last item is a two in one lipstick and gloss from Shisedo. The two items above all those brushes are pencil liners in different color from Anna Sui...

Fourth Picture:
Exclusively from Anna Sui... I bought the black box a long time ago and uses it to store my nail stuff... In the back we have hand cream, and nail polish remover... Infront of that we have three bottles of nail polish: Enamel, base coat, and gold glitter... I forgot where I put my black nail polish, and I haven't found the time or monies to buy more colors....  And the cute rose looking thing is a pink lipstick, followed by clear lipgloss with stars in them.  I also bought the eyeliner pencil sharpener and their nail file, too bad they don't have the entire nail clippers and such collection......

I also found those lying around... More Anna Sui stuff.  Eye cream, moisturizing mist, and liquid liner....

-----------

I'm still saving up money to buy eyeshadow in more colors... Probably going to MAC and creating a palette for that, and when I get the chance to visit the nearest Anna Sui, I'll probably pick up more nail polish colors.... =3
Oh yeah. I need to get Anna Sui's brush and bag collection too. ^^

Kazuko

I am jealous ; ; I should post my whole set ww later on though

Ninj4

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 11, 2008, 01:09:02 AM
Crapload of makeup stuff

... Holy friggin HELL.  That's so much.  @_@

... Man, I'm glad I'm not a woman.  Even if I was, I dunno if I would be dedicated enough to overcome my general laziness to do all that... D:

... There's a good reason WHY I lurk on these boards...

jazmatazz

hey i know you! lightweight. happy birthday anyways! :D
"who said skanks?!"

anti-pocky movement 2008/9

LordKefka

Leave them alone. They are in the midst of a war... a make-up war. Let them be...*slowly walks away*..
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Kazuko

hur hur time to post my small army XP Its not much but its what I have so far, its a bit of a repost but here we go!

I use Dessert Essence Thuroughly clean Face wash, its paraben free and has tea tree oil to make my skin F'ing awesome its so smooth, I use it every morning and every night. Its also a pretty decent makeup remover. I use Drenched in PINK Soft And Pure lotion, it has Vitamin E so i use a little on my face but its a pretty good lotion :T i dont have a good moisturizer

haha you can tell alot of my fragrances are from Victoria's Secret (I get em for free or discounted) the new one I have is the tiny clear bottle called dream angel's Wish Its so good I usually wear that or Bath and Body works Cherry blossom for special occasion. The big two are PINK ones the limited edition Isle of Pink Shimmer mist and the other is the Back to pink. I use the Back to Pink after I use the shower and I lotion up. The shimmer Mist one I wear for an Everyday kinda scent. As for Loligoth by Remiscent, I used to wear that for my lolita outfits :d I still kinda do but not so much its really sweet XD

All my makeup I have :d Very sexy Eyeliner and gloss, Beauty Rush eye shadow in Purple and Glamathyst. Two types of lip balm X) the copper one I use before applying lipsticks. I have my MAC lip color as you know, Maybelene light purple eye shadow, LORAC Celebutant eye shadow, Sephora blush ME. And the top right is LOREAL true match. I use it to cover under my eyes since there a slight dark circles, I juse Jappo blotter paper to clean up excess oil XD and my brushes are on the right. Also tweezers, compact/miror and nail clippers

; ; its not much but its all I got man!

Jun-Watarase

Haha, thanks Jazz.

And DARN YOU GUYS with your cameras!

And DARN YOU REI-REI for being from a wealthy family!

*Shakes fist at you all.*

What do you recommend I get at Anna Sui when I get there, Rei-rei? I want one of the foundations (just to have a lighter one AND to have the bottle), eye color and blush (they're very vibrant, aren't they?) and I really wanted the DOLLY GIRL Bonjour L'Amour lipsticks, but they were limited edition. Augh, I wanted them so bad. Oh, by the way, I recall you living around Sacramento so how do you normally purchase your stuff? Do you order online?

Plus, is it me, or are MAC brushes not very impressive sometimes? Some lines are wonderful, yes, but most others don't seem up to par with up to par, especially Bobbi Brown brushes. Plus, out of all the brands you're using, why are you using Kanebo as a primer? I'll be okay with using Kanebo for soap and what have you, but not a preference for cosmetics. (Maybe cute drug store lip balms.)

And Kazuko, what I say about hooking me up at Victoria's Secret? I want my bras and lotions, biznatch. I should get new bras soon, though-- before I go to Japan, even. Too bad bras are like $40. I don't wear much fragrances, but mainly because I can't afford the ones I like, like the one by Misaki Matsushima Pretty&Pink, the Marc Jacob's Daisy line, Chance by CHANEL, and the Miss Dior Cherie fragrance. I've been meaning to pick out a fragrance I like on Mikey, too,  but I'm not sure what's suitable yet.

Oh speaking of Mikey, Rei-rei, you asked what he got me for my birthday. Along with dinner and leaving a huge tip, paying for one of my Sephora orders that were over $50, and my favorite of all, the Pave Heart necklace he bought me from Juicy Couture. I don't even take it off until I shower, now. : D

Here's a picture, but me and Mikey agree that it looks better in person.

I play with the pendant when I'm idling which has proven to be, despite it size, quite heavy.

FanimaidCafe.com

Kazuko

that pendant is so cute on you Jun X) anyway Rei Rei damn you and your anna sui-ness! I remember going to that store in Tokyo *O* I fell inlove with The dolly girl set

I like Dior fragrances :d Miss Dior Cherie is my favorite, Im still a sucker for Vera Wang's Princess and Juicy's limited EDP Viva La Juicy

;O jun I hooked you up with that awesome tier of mists yo! lotions comming soon! haha Man so lucky you get to go to Japan ; ; I wish I could go so we can shop together and bust out wallets big time! especially mine when it comes to lolita clothes *shakes a fist at Angelic Pretty and Baby The Stars shine Bright*

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Kazuko on November 11, 2008, 03:07:43 PM
that pendant is so cute on you Jun X) anyway Rei Rei damn you and your anna sui-ness! I remember going to that store in Tokyo *O* I fell inlove with The dolly girl set

I like Dior fragrances :d Miss Dior Cherie is my favorite, Im still a sucker for Vera Wang's Princess and Juicy's limited EDP Viva La Juicy

;O jun I hooked you up with that awesome tier of mists yo! lotions comming soon! haha Man so lucky you get to go to Japan ; ; I wish I could go so we can shop together and bust out wallets big time! especially mine when it comes to lolita clothes *shakes a fist at Angelic Pretty and Baby The Stars shine Bright*

Yeah, I love the body mists! And yes, Miss Dior Cherie is absolutely wonderful. I sort of like Vera Wang's new fragrance, but it doesn't feel like something I'd use very often. Same with Juicy, while I really like their new fragrance too (and it even smells Juicy!), I think the fragrance is too loud and trendy for everyday wear.

But you know I'm going to buy you stuff in Japan anyway. loooool. If you want me to make special purchases for you, though, you need to give me the moolah to buy it! I'm going to be really limited on cash. ;;

FanimaidCafe.com

Kazuko

Let me know what specifics such as your spending limit and such :d would you like to me to give measurments and examples of some items as well?

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 11, 2008, 02:08:49 PM
And DARN YOU GUYS with your cameras!

And DARN YOU REI-REI for being from a wealthy family!
Wealthy family?? Lol I'm faaaaaaaaar from that. True I get a moderate allowance, but I practically spend nothing from day to day. I go to school and come home.... That's all... When I splurge on make-up, I practically have no money to buy clothes for a year.... >.>; And that's like... Once or twice a year that I get to splurge like that.

What do you recommend I get at Anna Sui when I get there, Rei-rei? I want one of the foundations (just to have a lighter one AND to have the bottle), eye color and blush (they're very vibrant, aren't they?) and I really wanted the DOLLY GIRL Bonjour L'Amour lipsticks, but they were limited edition. Augh, I wanted them so bad.

Well, I believe there are six colors in two (maybe three different categories).  I'm not sure if I remember them having a gel based foundation, but as you can see, the white round bottle in the first picture is the liquid foundation that I got for mixed skin (dry on some areas, and oily on the T-zone area).  The two different categories have the same six colors, the categories are basically for different skin types.. (I remember there's one for dry skin and one for mixed skin) You could ask them on arrival to help you choose your color, or do what I did, have them blotch all the similar colors from all the types of foundation they have on your face... I tried on A LOT of make-up when I was at Anna Sui.. I believe I took about an hour trying different types of make up there alone, and out of all the Anna Sui stores I've been in, they were pretty helpful.  I think they have the dry gel/powder foundations that they'll show... You could buy those but I prefer the smooth liquid foundation.  The bottle I got is the B02 bottle, but you probably would want something lighter (I believe your skin tone is lighter than mine..)  And something I did not find out until I was at the shop... If you by their pressed powder, you have to pay for the powder and case separately, since the powder itself is not attached to the case... I think it's called a refillable?

They have two sections in their eyeshadow, the cream type eyeshadow, and the normal powder type (like MAC's palettes).  THe colors are waaaaaaay more vibrant than MAC's stuff.... The gel/cream ones are usually the one with glitter, and the the matte ones may or may not have glitter (they have a lot more colors than their website shows.) Unlike MAC, Anna Sui doesn't give you the option of building a palette, so you'll have to buy individuals. 

I've never really liked their blushes too much, I think the colors are very, dark and somewhat dull, I'm not sure if it has changed or not since I don't pay much attention to that area...

Oh I suggest you try out their "golden sunblock" lotion for shits and giggles... >.>;
I looked like the sun after I applied it all over my arms and legs one day....

Also most of these things almost never come in complete compacts with the tiny brushes... You'll have to buy brushes separately, or use the brushes you normally use for make up...

Oh, by the way, I recall you living around Sacramento so how do you normally purchase your stuff? Do you order online?
Technically, you could order online I guess... I believe that's what my sister did to *cough* copy *cough* my Anna Sui collection....
The Anna Sui stuff, I brought over when I moved to the US (which is like 2 and a half years ago). I still constantly visit the Anna Sui stores when I go back though... I don't recommend buying any make up online unless you've been to one of the stores and tried on their products...
I've tried to look for Anna Sui in San Francisco but with no luck...
You can buy their stuff here after you visited their shop:
http://www.annasuibeauty.com/site/welcome.htm
Though I don't know why, the bottles on their website are different from mine, and as far as I'm aware of, I've been to Anna Sui in Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Thailand, all the foundation bottles and whatnot look like my bottles. (The latest I've been there was during the Summer..) And their color sets are incomplete in almost every category...

Plus, is it me, or are MAC brushes not very impressive sometimes? Some lines are wonderful, yes, but most others don't seem up to par with up to par, especially Bobbi Brown brushes. Plus, out of all the brands you're using, why are you using Kanebo as a primer? I'll be okay with using Kanebo for soap and what have you, but not a preference for cosmetics. (Maybe cute drug store lip balms.)
Kanebo was on like, a 40% discount... And well it it's decent, better than some other brands... It feels really comfortable on your face, but I guess as I used the microscope mirrors, they weren't as fine as Anna Sui.. Not to mention the Anna Sui stuff smells GORGEOUS....

Some MAC brushes deserves a F+.... Honestly I don't know why I spent the money... They're like wooden sticks with horsehair, wrapped and held together by tin foil.... The white blush brush I got that was from MAC was horrible, the hairs kept on falling out. I eventually threw it away and went with the current Shu Uemura one in the picture.... The wooden sticks on the brushes felt really cheap... =\
Bobbi brown brushes are like godly...... Shiny and very soft.... But oh man... After I paid for the brush, I wanted to dig a grave for myself. T.T;

I don't wear much fragrances, but mainly because I can afford the ones I like, like the one by Misaki Matsushima the Marc Jacob's Daisy line, I've been meaning to pick out a fragrance I like on Mikey, too,  but I'm not sure what's suitable yet.
I've actually got samples from the Marc Jacob's Daisy... I love the smell, the only thing I don't like about it is that the fragrance doesn't last long at all... It somewhat changes and diminishes easily... I actually walked around the mall and got samples of lots of perfume... And ended up with Miss Dior Chere... Though I think the fragrance is a bit.... Too girly to be me.  I would say I love the perfumes for men at Burberry's... But I can't afford that stuff... -.-;
Mikey might like them?

Oh speaking of Mikey, Rei-rei, you asked what he got me for my birthday. Along with dinner and leaving a huge tip, paying for one of my Sephora orders that were over $50, and my favorite of all, the Pave Heart necklace he bought me from Juicy Couture. I don't even take it off until I shower, now. : D

Hehehe... What a coincidence! You know what my brother got me for my 16th Birthday?

Quote from: Kazuko on November 11, 2008, 03:07:43 PM
They actually gave me the dolly girl trial set... >.>;
I was never really into them for some reason... OMG that reminds me... There was this really CUTE looking limited edition perfume from the Dolly set..... I didn't buy it because I already bought perfume then...
And hey! Anna-Sui-ness is my happiness... Like lolita is yours... =P
I wish I had the monies and style to be loli-ness... >.>;

Edit: By the way, Jun... When are you going to Japan??