1st cosplay attempt(idk if its even called cosplay)

Started by motorex259, November 07, 2008, 09:29:44 PM

what should i do

be a neko-guy
1 (11.1%)
wear a "im with stupid shirt W/OPTION 1
1 (11.1%)
bring cake.
2 (22.2%)
bring cake W/ option 1&2
3 (33.3%)
be a box.
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

motorex259

ToshiX

"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

motorex259

ToshiX

if you are attempting cosplay well
pick out some anime you like and characters you like for games/anime first
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

Shinsengumi

You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

GomenNasaiPro

ok find your favorite anime/game and try to compare your self to any characters to find a good cosplay

Baker!-!

WAHHHHHHHHH where is patty and hiyori when you need them the most

cosplays for 09
main:Eevee ginjika ?%
Sides:Mitsuru 15% lol i have the hair naturally

Ska_Kitti

Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

BSaphire

COSPLAY is a shortened word for "COSTUME ROLL PLAYING" Now that doesn't have to be an anime, manga, or game character, but for all those out there that want to wear a shirt that says something on it, a pair of jeans, a handy snack bag or witty sign, and maybe even some character ears or hat... well that isn't "Cosplay" that is "You" wearing the afore mentioned stuff.

Now if you do it right you could wear jeans, a t-shirt (it could even say something) and the other things mentioned... and be considered "cosplaying" IF and I STRESS the word IF it looks like a character from and anime, manga, or game. For instance Chromartie High School, Bleach, BECK etc. all have characters that wear pretty basic clothes, but people who "cosplay" as those characters try to match colors, designs, hats, shoes and even hair so that they would be much more recognizable. Most don't stand out unless they are a beloved character or are with a group of other cosplayers from the same series.

So take a look at what you know & like and see if you can find a character that fits what you are capable of achieving. If you have doubts ask the rest of us or show pics and references and I am sure at least one person will be able to help if not comment on your question.

Best of Luck
BSaphire

ps... if you bring cake with strawberries I think you will get mobbed by starving attendees... *giggles.. I'll be looking out for ya! :P *LOL
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC