Music-fest

Started by the4ork, November 08, 2008, 12:39:33 PM

ewu

Quote from: Shi_Musouka on November 10, 2008, 09:10:50 PM
Ehh, we all know reg is loaded with monies. lol

unfortunately the monies we take in goes directly to finance. The only monies reg has is spent on making things move faster and awesomer
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

Reg is full of slackers. 24/7 departments are where it is at!!
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

FanFicGuru

Quote from: ewu on November 10, 2008, 09:23:39 PM

unfortunately the monies we take in goes directly to finance. The only monies reg has is spent on making things move faster and awesomer

You say so as you sit atop your MASSIVE THRONE MADE OF PURE GOLD!

...>_>

Ok maybe not.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Sen

Quote from: FanFicGuru on November 11, 2008, 02:02:12 PM

...>_>

Ok maybe not.

There is only one money throne and that belongs to the Fanime Grand Nagus.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Steve.Young

Quote from: Sen on November 11, 2008, 04:01:43 PM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on November 11, 2008, 02:02:12 PM

...>_>

Ok maybe not.

There is only one money throne and that belongs to the Fanime Grand Nagus.

Star Trek Ftw.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Long

D00d. I don't know about anyone else, but Thee Out Mods totally pwned every band from Japanfiles. So um... Whatever. Bring back Japanfiles if you want, but don't diss TOM. D; Sana is fucking sexy.

soulcandyband

We understand that there will be a bit of big named bands at MusicFest but could it be possible for start up bands to get introduced at musicfest as well? Just asking...

We've been pretty surprised at the willingness of some cons, both big and small in attendance size, to take a chance at start up bands like ours. We do hope to get the chance to perform at this years music fest though. A couple of our members are regular fanime attendees and we thought it would be really cool to get to perform this year. :)

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

arkmay

Quote from: Nyxyin on November 09, 2008, 06:05:31 PMMari Iijima and God of Shamisen were great!

Hey this is Mark from the band God of Shamisen. I'm really trying to book us at MusicFest for 2009! If I can arrange it with Fanime and with our own touring schedule, it would be great.

I'll try posting in the band suggestion thread too.

Whoever is booking MusicFest this year -- please contact us. :)
Hopefully it will work out schedule-wise.

-m

ewu

it would be better if you contacted them at musicfestATfanimeDOTcom
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

arkmay

Quote from: ewu on January 24, 2009, 11:54:54 PM
it would be better if you contacted them at musicfestATfanimeDOTcom

With no response I didn't want to pester, but I will try that again.

EDIT: ok, got in communication with someone now. Thanks ewu  :)

bluechokobo

Quote from: PyronIkari on November 10, 2008, 01:32:38 PM
Quote from: Sen on November 10, 2008, 11:43:33 AM
Quote from: ewu on November 10, 2008, 11:34:09 AM
Quote from: Acid_Android on November 10, 2008, 11:25:47 AM
But...let's try to keep it somewhat realistic ^^;;

So is it Utada or Ayumi this year??

Namie Amuro?  ;D

Actually, Namie isn't impossible to get. She'd take some work to get, but far from impossible.

I just wonder why you would want her...

Though... MAXX GOT BACK TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!! (I'd honestly be surprised if anyone on this forum outside of like 2 people actually listened to MAXX)

I know people's tastes differ but Naime started to become relavent again.  Her singles/CD's have been doing a lot better then she did during her Genius 2000 phase. 

While I would love to see her I have a feeling a rock band that is less popular in Japan but would get the girls in a frenzy here would do a lot better for the con.  Which makes me very sad ;_; to say

PrincessCake

I have to say i'm a little freaked out by people in here. Getting mad just cause some guy bashed the way the convention is.

get a life people.
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

ewu

I don't know, I think its justified to be a little worked up if someone came along and said that the many hours of work you have put in over the the course of months was worthless. Especially if you know that this event was clearly popular and successful.

These people have lives and spend a good 40 hours a week making a living. They also spend many more hours a week planning events such as Musicfest to make Fanime a success. These people work hard because they are proud of what they do, and so when someone talks shit about something they have put unpaid and unrecognized time, heart and soul into, it sure strikes a nerve.

I respect those that I work with at Fanime and its not cool for others to take their work for granted and disrespect them.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Dalcora

The only comment I have is to make sure we don't schedule MusicFest and the Black and White ball on the same night. The audatorium for An Cafe would have been full if not for that. You (staff) already know that though and everyone could tell they (AnCafe) were sad it wasn't full. So although I'm pretty sure you all know this, just reminding you for the sake of the bands.

An Cafe was amazing by the way. Thanks a million for getting them. I hope we get someone good this year too.  :D
Even lesbians need to be loved. Without us, there'd be no yuri! ^,~

belldandyamz

I agree the concert should not be at the sametime as the Black and white dance.

As far as music fest goes
I had a blast last year. "ALL AGES" was my fav of the day.
but I hear their drummer left the band....so I'll leave that up to fanime staff.

I realy would like Kristine SA to perform
she is a regular for the concert part of ani-jam every year but, there is no Ani-Jam this year:(

She would be great for the concert as well.
But I know she would realy be fun to have at the music fest.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=65725

deonchan

Sooooooo. Is MF about ready for their big announcement?
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

jemz

Quote from: Dalcora on March 27, 2009, 04:17:03 PM
The only comment I have is to make sure we don't schedule MusicFest and the Black and White ball on the same night. The audatorium for An Cafe would have been full if not for that. You (staff) already know that though and everyone could tell they (AnCafe) were sad it wasn't full. So although I'm pretty sure you all know this, just reminding you for the sake of the bands.

An Cafe was amazing by the way. Thanks a million for getting them. I hope we get someone good this year too.  :D

Sorry to disappoint you but MusicFest and the Black & White Ball will be on the same evening of May 24th.

Counter-programming is important to us so that we give everyone at the convention a chance to do something that they are interested in. Not all 15,000 people can be inside the Civic nor at the Ball or Dance.

HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Dalcora

Quote from: jemz on April 08, 2009, 03:41:34 PM
Quote from: Dalcora on March 27, 2009, 04:17:03 PM

Sorry to disappoint you but MusicFest and the Black & White Ball will be on the same evening of May 24th.

Counter-programming is important to us so that we give everyone at the convention a chance to do something that they are interested in. Not all 15,000 people can be inside the Civic nor at the Ball or Dance.

I understand that too. It is important that you don't have thousands of con goers bored out of their mind. I just hope the bands don't suffer because of it. I'm not as dramatic as some of the other fans; but there are some that are worried that big-ass bands won't come back because they feel under appreciated. Mostly of course I'm talking about AnCafe fans who were concerned that the only US destination on their world tour seemed to be kind of bum (attendance wise.) Nowit's obvious that they're being dramatic, but they do have a valid concern. So if we are getting any major bands I really hope that the same thing doesn't happen to them.

On another note... I will never understand why the attendance was so poor (overall, not totally.. there was a line out the door and down the street!) seeing as advertisments for AnCafe seemed to be EVERYWHERE. It also does not help that I personally do not think very highy of the Black and White ball cause there really isn't very much actual ballroom dancing and WAY too many people to be comfortable. But to each their own. =)
Even lesbians need to be loved. Without us, there'd be no yuri! ^,~

Long

Erase.

I'm looking forward to Music Fest, only for Keshiki.