Music-fest

Started by the4ork, November 08, 2008, 12:39:33 PM

jemz

Quote from: Dalcora on April 11, 2009, 01:28:32 AM
I understand that too. It is important that you don't have thousands of con goers bored out of their mind. I just hope the bands don't suffer because of it. I'm not as dramatic as some of the other fans; but there are some that are worried that big-ass bands won't come back because they feel under appreciated. Mostly of course I'm talking about AnCafe fans who were concerned that the only US destination on their world tour seemed to be kind of bum (attendance wise.) Nowit's obvious that they're being dramatic, but they do have a valid concern. So if we are getting any major bands I really hope that the same thing doesn't happen to them.

On another note... I will never understand why the attendance was so poor (overall, not totally.. there was a line out the door and down the street!) seeing as advertisments for AnCafe seemed to be EVERYWHERE. It also does not help that I personally do not think very highy of the Black and White ball cause there really isn't very much actual ballroom dancing and WAY too many people to be comfortable. But to each their own. =)

As we are giving them exposure to all our attendees, I don't think any of our future bands will suffer since they are able to use the opportunity to reach out to their American fans and gain new ones.  We offer the opportunity for our attendees to see the band. If people don't want to see them, then it's a personal choice.  We can't force everyone to come and fill up the venue in the way they are familiar with in Japan. (That would violate fire code and shut us down in a heartbeat.)

As for your statement on Black & White Ball, I'm not sure how that relates to your opinion on An Cafe's concert & MusicFest as they are completely different events with different purposes. The percentage of attendees going to Black and White Ball doesn't really affect the percentage of attendance for MusicFest.  In total, the number of attendees at both events together is only one fourth of attendees at the convention. There are still another 3/4's out there that aren't at MusicFest or the Black & White Ball.

HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Long

Quote from: jemz on April 27, 2009, 02:39:24 PM
Quote from: Dalcora on April 11, 2009, 01:28:32 AM
I understand that too. It is important that you don't have thousands of con goers bored out of their mind. I just hope the bands don't suffer because of it. I'm not as dramatic as some of the other fans; but there are some that are worried that big-ass bands won't come back because they feel under appreciated. Mostly of course I'm talking about AnCafe fans who were concerned that the only US destination on their world tour seemed to be kind of bum (attendance wise.) Nowit's obvious that they're being dramatic, but they do have a valid concern. So if we are getting any major bands I really hope that the same thing doesn't happen to them.

On another note... I will never understand why the attendance was so poor (overall, not totally.. there was a line out the door and down the street!) seeing as advertisments for AnCafe seemed to be EVERYWHERE. It also does not help that I personally do not think very highy of the Black and White ball cause there really isn't very much actual ballroom dancing and WAY too many people to be comfortable. But to each their own. =)

As we are giving them exposure to all our attendees, I don't think any of our future bands will suffer since they are able to use the opportunity to reach out to their American fans and gain new ones.  We offer the opportunity for our attendees to see the band. If people don't want to see them, then it's a personal choice.  We can't force everyone to come and fill up the venue in the way they are familiar with in Japan. (That would violate fire code and shut us down in a heartbeat.)

As for your statement on Black & White Ball, I'm not sure how that relates to your opinion on An Cafe's concert & MusicFest as they are completely different events with different purposes. The percentage of attendees going to Black and White Ball doesn't really affect the percentage of attendance for MusicFest.  In total, the number of attendees at both events together is only one fourth of attendees at the convention. There are still another 3/4's out there that aren't at MusicFest or the Black & White Ball.

Hm. I was really looking forward to attending Black and White Ball this year, but if it's going to be at the same time as Music Fest, since I never miss Music Fest. Then again, Music Fest doesn't seem that appealing this year either, so maybe I should go to B&W. Now I'm just lost. D:

Meirin

I'd much rather go to Music Fest. Even if a certain artist/band isn't your usual music taste, you can still gain bragging rights hurrhurr (especially with someone big like Momo-i) I don't think Fanime would bring over a guest if they music wasn't at all palatable, so I would recommend going just to check out a new name or three.

Somehow going to a dance where most people can't actually dance, and are pretty awkward, doesn't seem that so appealing... But y'know, that's just me. :9
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009