Shikabane Hime Aka, TokyoTosho intervention by Funimation.

Started by Jun-Watarase, November 08, 2008, 01:51:30 PM

Jun-Watarase

As if FUNimation hasn't ruined enough series, I found it funny when I searched for Shikabane Hime Aka on TokyoTosho, it takes me to a page with this:

QuoteHello,

Please see URL for press release.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2008-10-20/funimation-entertainment-acquires-shikabane-hime-aka-for-north-american-release
FUNimation has acquired Shikabane Hime: Aka. We will begin to stream subtitled episodes starting this Friday through Hulu, YouTube, Joost and FUNimation.com for free.

Please remove this title from your English subtitled series torrent listings from your website.

Please let me know if you have any questions. See the DMAC notification below.

Thanks,

Lance Heiskell
FUNimation Entertainment

October 21, 2008

http://tokyotosho.com
RE:  Copyright Infringement

In compliance with relevant federal copyright law, I submit the following:

I hereby certify, under penalty of perjury, that the following information is accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief.
I am an employee of FUNimation Entertainment.  I am authorized to act on behalf of FUNimation Entertainment with respect to the matters discussed herein.

FUNimation is a company engaged in the production and distribution of animated motion pictures.  We own or control various exclusive copyrights and trademarks related to the animated motion pictures known as Shikabane Hime: Aka (collectively referred to as the "Property").  FUNimation is the owner of certain exclusive rights in and to the Property throughout the United States.  Specifically, FUNimation is the exclusive licensee for production and distribution of home videos, DVDs, and other home video formats and devices.

Our investigations reveal that the above referenced site is being used for the unauthorized copying and distribution (downloading, uploading, file serving, streaming, seeding, tracking, linking, link aggregating or any similar activities) of digital files embodying the Properties.  The use of the Properties in this manner is NOT authorized by FUNimation Entertainment and is a violation of FUNimation's intellectual property rights, including its rights under the Copyright Act.  Infringing materials can be accessed via the following URLs:
http://tokyotosho.com/search.php?terms=shikabane+hime&type=0

FUNimation Entertainment hereby demands that you expeditiously disable all access to said infringing materials.
If you should require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me by email at [email protected].  The physical and mailing address of FUNimation Entertainment is 1200 Lakeside Parkway, Bldg 1, Flower Mound, TX, 75028.  Please contact me immediately if this notification is not in substantial compliance with the requirements of the DMCA, or if some other problem arises with respect to our request.  I would also request notification of your compliance with our request.

Sincerely,
/s/ Lance Heiskell
FUNimation Entertainment

Holy crap. I mean, I know geeks stereotypically lack fashion-sense, but I see plenty of fans that look lime normalfags day by day. This guy is exceptionally creepy. lol

But yes, has this sort of thing happened before? I may be out of the loop, but I've never seen a dubbing company actually take the time to intervene with a large torrent site like Tokyo Toshokan before. I normally see subbers stop distributing stuff on their own for their own sake of integrity. Weird.

I wonder if FUNimation has done this for other series they've licensed. Shikabane Hime Aka was an okay series, and I was growing to like it towards the 3rd episode or so. Hm.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

LordKefka

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

mDuo13

Streaming subbed episodes... for free? (With ads, I presume?)

I'll consider checking it out.

Mizuki

Haha, that dude posted a picture of himself on tokyotosho?

Jesus christ that dude looks abnormally scary, he looks like one of those scary stalker otaku in Comic Party. He's the kind of person I wouldn't allow to take a picture of me, lord knows what he does to the pics after...

Kazuko

wtff how weird he looks like Daxflame www man I cant sleep tonight!

Jun-Watarase

I just searched for it again, and it went back to normal... along with links to downloading subs and raws. ww

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com